Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ordering from Pete & Jakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dwollam, Dec 27, 2021.

1. dwollam

dwollam

I want to buy some 1108D drop steering arms from Pete & Jakes along with a 1017 upper steering arm. How can one order from them online? Am I missing something? Only thing I see that one can order online is T-shirts and the like. I tried calling today and get a message that I'm calling outside of regular business hours. Can't find anywhere what "regular" business hours are. Are they closed for extended holidays?

Thanks guys,

Dave

2. Budget36

Budget36

Many companies recognize today as Xmas day for holiday purposes, but like you mentioned they could be closed this tim if the year.
    You’d think they would make note of it though.

Woogeroo and dwollam like this.
  3. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They must be closed for the holiday. They are on central time zone. Use the 800 number and talk to Jerry.

dwollam and catdad49 like this.
  4. 31Apickup

31Apickup

You can order alot of Pete & Jakes parts directly through Summit with free shipping, I bought a pair of the Chassis Engineering dropped arms this past summer. (The Chassis Engineering steering arms and axles went to Pete & Jakes, the rest of the CE stuff went to Heidts).

5. dwollam

dwollam

@31Apickup , Summit HAD them listed and my wife tried to buy them from Summit for Christmas. That's were I had them on my list! They sent her a message saying they didn't have any in stock and would NOT be getting any more in. :(

Dave

6. dwollam

dwollam

One question not answered is how do you order from them (P&J) online? Not possible?

Dave

7. tim troutman

tim troutman

I called last week ordered some stuff on the phone they were super helpful . got it Friday. forgot to tell them I was an alliance member so missed out on HAMB discount . super impressed with there service

lothiandon1940 and dwollam like this.
  8. I hope Summit will still be carrying P&J stuff. I can order and pick up parts in 20 minutes, as there's a Summit just down the road from me.

lothiandon1940 and dwollam like this.
  9. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got a lot of parts from them when I built my coupe but don't think I ever ordered online. Their web site is no help?

dwollam likes this.
  10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

They are closed until Jan 3rd for the holidays,

Dino 64, ottoman, alanp561 and 5 others like this.
  11. dwollam

dwollam

That's what I needed! Thanks @krylon32 .

I just looked again at Summit, they carry the milled version for disc brakes but not the standard early Ford ones. They also stock the 1017 Superbell upper steering arm.

Dave

12. 31Apickup

31Apickup

On the CE arms they came milled but included a spacer for drum brakes. I’m using the MT Lincoln Brakes and had to make a slightly longer spacer for the milled spots along with short spacers for the other two bolts.

dwollam likes this.
  13. tomcat11

tomcat11

Looks like Yogi's Inc. has the 1108D steering arms but not the 1017.

dwollam likes this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

They don’t sell online because they want to make sure you have the right part. Their customer service is even better than the product. When you call you aren’t getting a call center you’re getting the shop. You’re talking directly in almost all situations to the boss himself.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  15. dwollam

dwollam

I'm thinking I will just have to wait a week, which means with shipping is yet another week. Oh well, I guess I will live! :) Not like it will be running soon but when I'm on a particular project I'd like to get that part out of the way.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Dave the impatient!

Dino 64, Malcolm, bchctybob and 4 others like this.
  16. 48stude

48stude

I used the deep drop bolt thru steering arms on my roadster with Lincoln drum brakes. I want to use them again on my T project, but I'm going to run disc brakes. Should I buy the 1108d or the1108dm(milled) ?
    What is the difference and why? Thanks , Bill

dwollam likes this.
  17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wait til Jan 3 then call this number 1.800.334.7240 that’ll give you your best answer.

dirt t, dwollam and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. The milled arms have material milled off the spindle side of the rear leg to clear a flat plate caliper mount bracket that bolts to the axle side of the spindle.

The need for the milled leg depends on the disc brake kit you are using.

5window, 48stude and dwollam like this.
  19. missysdad1

missysdad1

Pete & Jake's has the best customer service I know of...a direct line to Jerry Slover himself in many cases. Take advantage of it...and respect their desire to have some time off during the holidays. They deserve it.

i.rant, Dino 64, dirt t and 7 others like this.
  20. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely! I have no idea how much time I have on phone with Jason and he never seemed pressed for time.

Redrodguy, Dino 64, Just Gary and 4 others like this.
  21. dwollam

dwollam

My brakes are original Lincolns. Hence the 1108D arms. I like the bolt through design and the way they drop down below the spindle and the arm comes out at a lower point. Seems like less bad leverage to me.
    All the above info is why I want to order direct from P&J. Thanks everyone!

Dave

37slantback and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. dwollam

dwollam

I was able to talk to Jerry today at P&J and they don't have any and didn't sound like they would be doing any soon or if at all. So... I called Yogi's as they list them and Lo and Behold they had them in stock and I already have a tracking number! Hope after all this that they do what I want them to do.

Dave

brEad, 47chevycoupe, Budget36 and 3 others like this.
  23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

It makes me smile when people on the west coast, order parts from the Midwest.

sodbuster, Just Gary and Dino 64 like this.
  24. dwollam

dwollam

If I could of found it out west I would have preferred that.

Dave

Budget36 likes this.
  25. lcfman

lcfman
    from tn

I ordered some stuff from them today by phone.

dwollam and Just Gary like this.
  26. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

A+ customer service every time I’ve called for info or parts.

lothiandon1940, dwollam and Just Gary like this.
  27. dwollam

dwollam

@i.rant , customer service was indeed great! Jerry was a pleasure to talk with. Oh, wait. P&J or Yogi's? Both were great. Talked with a very nice lady at Yogi's.

Dave

i.rant, Tim and stanlow69 like this.
  28. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I ordered a Super Bell axle from Jerry yesterday, it showed on my front porch today.

Gary

lothiandon1940, Tim and dwollam like this.
  29. dwollam

dwollam

I sure seem to be having bad luck lately getting pieces for the '32! Yogi's shipped same day I ordered using FedEx. Was supposed to be here 1-5-22. Now those dropped lower arms are in a town in Nevada I've never heard of and no estimate of when they will arrive here. :( On the plus side, I did get the Superbell upper steering arm I bought off Epay from a fella in Montana! My F100 steering box parts have still not shipped from another supplier. Win some, lose some I guess.

Dave

30. slug

slug

Everyone I have talked to including myself have had bad experiences in the past two months with Fed Ex. I had a part that was on the truck out for delivery three days before it was finally dropped off.

dwollam likes this.