Register now to get rid of these ads!

1935 International Pickup build "Little Hustler"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Miss-B-Haven Speed Shoppe, Nov 27, 2011.

1. choptop36

choptop36

Cool truck man

2. pdxbinder

pdxbinder
    from portland

great looking build. good decisions all around …

3. Ok, it has been a long time since I was on here! Work, life, customer projects,kids ect have been tying up my time, but I have not stopped working on the "Little Hustler" when I can. As time goes on I keep thinking of different things to do to this thing, so it's kinda good it has taken so long. I left off with trying to find a tailgate donor for the letters, and I finally found one. Also I decided to change the front of the body lines to give them a smoother transition. I added stake pocket boxes to the box sides, and pin striping on the steering wheel. The suspension is done, motor and tranny complete, and now onto the body structure. I will be converting the cab to suicide doors in the process. I will keep updating as time allows. B image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

4. One more rear shot prior to stake pocket boxes.
    image.jpg

clem, exterminator and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. My old 35 with a 4.5" chop. Modified Craftsman "Yardman" trailer pickup box. My body man owns it now. jimmys35ihc.jpg JimmysIHC.jpg

6. exterminator

exterminator

Love the early international pickups.Wish I still had my 35.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. I retired from International and, at one time worked in the plant where these trucks were built, back in the day, (Springfield, OH.) they had some great body lines in the mid 30's. Great project, I'll be watching.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. Well it has been a looooong time since I got to work on my own stuff, and it is killing me not to be able to work on this project more, but a little at a time I guess is how it is going to go. Between work, customers cars, and helping my 15 year old son build a custom frame off '56 chevy pickup, dads stuff has to wait. I have got a few things done on the IHC though, and one thing I did was change my mind and remove the 2spd power glide automatic and swap it for a Muncie 4spd. I did lower the pickup down a little and completed the suspension in the back. I also got the suicide doors completed, and all of the inner wood structure removed, patterned and made up of metal. Here is a pic of the stance and one of the doors opened. Next will be completing the grill shell modifications, making new grill shell moldings, and a new insert.
    suicide doors.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  9. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Can you post pictures of what you did in that cab ? Where you changed out the wood to metal . I have 3 of these International pickup I'm doing this to.
    Always nice to see how someone else did there's.
    Thanks

chryslerfan55 and edcodesign like this.
  10. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got the look, nice work, good luck !

11. bct

bct

wow . thanks for the update. I can help you with shell mouldings. do you have an extra w/s frame?

12. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Here's my 34/35 I've been picking away at. And how I replaced the wood with steel. IMG_7805.JPG IMG_7782.JPG IMG_7787.JPG IMG_7788.JPG

BradinNC, chryslerfan55, bct and 2 others like this.
  13. Got a little time to work on The Hustler finally! I got the four speed mounted, bracket for the linkage made, the shifter reworked to fit, front hairpins fabbed, Corvair steering box mounted and hooked up and the throttle linkage for the duals made. Working on the doors now, getting the latches fabbed in and window regulator mounts made.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    akoutlaw, Stogy, Xtrom and 4 others like this.
  14. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

That's looking really good. I understand how life slows a person down on projects.

15. Checking in, been super busy since I last posted any progress on The Hustler, but I had a little period where I turned away some work to find my sanity, and work on my own stuff. Here is the updates...
    Wood bed mocked up, new door hinges made to be able to fully open the doors, upholstery is being fit and finished, steering is done, suicide door security latches and power windows fit [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

tomkelly88, akoutlaw, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  16. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

It just keeps getting better!

17. It’s been a while, but I’m still picking away at “The Hustler”as time allows. I decided not to rush it a few years ago and build it exactly the way I want, and there are a few rare pieces I’ve been looking for, but I finally tracked down one of them. An original old Enderle stack injection set up to put on it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  18. A little more work done, finished the grill shell, and built a new set of side exit headers . A couple customer jobs headed out the door, then it’s full go time to finish this!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  19. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

My 35. Sold it to a guy in Pennsylvania in 2000. Wish Had kept it. 1270593-e99891880f2ea203a1a476b2d2c32d3a.jpg 1270594-c2d953fba3f358fc35e7eb3fd065e846.jpg

20. cfmvw

cfmvw

This is really cool! My Grandpa used to drive IH trucks and traded them every two years until they stopped making them. I think he bought his first one in the late 1940's. He wasn't a hotrodder, but I have this funny picture in my head of him behind the wheel of yours.