Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Memories of Christmas morning 1960

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toml24, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Slopok

Slopok

That can't be your little car though Ted, it's got RED wheels!;)

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. holy crap! i just noticed that. two things: it is a red white and blue color scheme and two it was a gift.......hah
    my first car?

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

I was born in 1960..... guess that makes me a youngin'....:rolleyes::(

wicarnut, rod1 and Jack Wagon like this.
  4. GeeRam

GeeRam

Fabulous shirt as well :cool:

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Job training

Jack Wagon and Deuces like this.
  6. I 1961/62 I got a refurbished 50's era Black Phantom bicycle that my dad had cleaned up and repainted, I latter learned he had a local sign painter to stripe it for a gallon of paint.

I know at that time money was short but Dad did the best he could and saw to it my sister & I had a good Christmas, he did foresee a ice storm which glazed everything in a thick sheet of ice.

I got to look at the bicycle for several days before I got a chance to ride it. HRP

wicarnut, rod1, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  7. wicarnut

wicarnut

1960 I was 12 and my parents were gifting me Craftsman tools, continued till I was 18. I have happy memories of all Christmas's with my parents. I really enjoyed the times with my children when little, the pure joy of the them opening their presents, when they get to be teens, you get their request and comply, everybody happy, not the same fun IMO. Fun with Grandchildren when young, now it's just a gift card or cash. At the risk of sounding like the Grinch, I'm old, everyday is Christmas, if I or wife want/need it, we go get it, so it's all good just different, but the memories are Priceless.

Jack Wagon, Deuces and Hamtown Al like this.
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was a mere young man of 19 on Christmas 1960, and make that 19 days old BTW. As such I have no memories of that particular yule celebration, but the one I do recall vividly was a few years later when I received my first bicycle. A red Schwinn Stingray Fastback with a shifter on the top tube and red line drag slick. To this day I put red line tires on almost everything I build. My dad stayed up all night assembling it in the basement. Nice work dad! Miss ya!

wicarnut, Jack Wagon and Deuces like this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I had a beautiful metallic blue three speed Schwinn Stingray in 1967, a friend of mine had the five speed version, he could wheelie that thing for a whole block.

Jack Wagon, Deuces and Bandit Billy like this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those were good days!

Jack Wagon and Deuces like this.
  11. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Anybody remember Mr. Machine? The old 8mm movie camara with lights so bright it blinded you. Kids coming down the stairway with eyes squinted closed. Ah yes....

Deuces and Jack Wagon like this.
  12. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

In ‘60 I was about 2 weeks shy of my 1st birthday but I’m sure there were toy cars involved…

wicarnut and Deuces like this.