Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Model A body wood suppliers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Jason, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Getting ready to start a new project. A 29 phaeton on 32 rails. It needs a few patches no big deal. It it will also need all new wood throughout the body. I’ve been looking at the body kits from from Classic Wood Products. Anyone have any recommendations as to a good supplier? Just curious what others have had success or issues with.

2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Whoever you get it from, it will need to be modified. I got mine from Brattons in Maryland, good quality but again needed tweaking.

3. I’m expecting to have to fine tune it all. Just don’t want stuff that’s blatantly not even close.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I got all of it to work. It is ash wood. Hard as a rock

5. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I bought top wood from these guys a few months ago, American made, no complaints.
    http://fordwood.com/

Just Gary likes this.
  6. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Snyders, but it needs fiddling, it all will from anyone.

7. My '28 Tudor wood also came from www.Fordwood.com
    They sell individual pieces as well as complete kits, FWIW.

8. The wood kit I used is from Classic Wood Greensboro NC..Fit was excellent..Everything lined up perfectly and solved a ton of sheetmetal fitment problems... I think they are the actual manufacturer of most kits sold by vendors..
    MACB9530.JPG RBEG5581.JPG

9. Just pulled the trigger and ordered from Classic Wood. Always happy to support boys down in NC

lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.