Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage event shirt choices.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastcar1953, Dec 22, 2021.

?
  1. front

21 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. back

81 vote(s)
    79.4%
  1. no pocket, small logo of the show on the front left side on chest.. main design on the back...

loudbang likes this.
  2. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL, I think I'd be more uneasy with people sneaking up behind me to read the logo;).
    Here's a few T-Shirt designs I've done over the years for our club's annual car show. used5.jpg 100_6232.jpg arc11.jpg

Jack Wagon, Dino 64, jim snow and 4 others like this.
  3. Lil32

Lil32

hanging in my cupboard

IMG_1780.jpeg

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and a few more arc13.jpg 100_6215.jpg used2.jpg

Jack Wagon, Dino 64, jim snow and 3 others like this.
  5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Last years shirt. Print on front. 269905271_5011900848834161_7139317451894509331_n.jpg

7. maneri

maneri
    from ohio

east coast --front- (jackets)--west coast back-- (no jackets)-

Jack Wagon and hotrodjack33 like this.
  8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

It’s actually about preference as to whether or not you like the printed image to get greasy or not. LOL. But I get your point...

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I call bull shit! That shirt shows signs that it was neatly folded and not “hanging” in your closet! LOL

hotrodjack33 and X38 like this.
  10. gene-koning

gene-koning

Not black, too hot.
    Not white, shows too much stuff.
    Pockets, on a tee, no.
    Longer bottom, YES!
    Small front logo, larger back art work.
    At least the year, prefer the date the show was.
    I too have a lot of car show tees hanging in the closet, that makes me pretty picky on what I'm going to buy.
    When the car show tees start showing their age, they get used as work shirts. Gene

11. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Large logo on the back, small on the front, pocket doesn't really matter either way but just not white.

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I think Jack should do a rendering for you.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  13. Design on the back unless you want it looking like a fun house mirror when most of us put the shirt on!

hotrodjack33, jim snow and loudbang like this.
  14. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-12-25_4-12-56.png
    Hello,

From the HAMB store, there are some great choices for any event shirts. The best shirts are those that have a good quality of build, looks and overall color for the event. Black color used to be only for the winter, but as choices go, any color fits any portion of the season, even in mild So Cal weather times.

But, the HAMB 2020 drags cancellation shirt is of the best quality for T-shirts and it works all year around. There is quality built in, so, make sure there is "no neck stretch" to make any shirt look cheap and skimpy. Afterall, the quality of the event shirt is what represents your design and memories. So, why skimp on a thin shirt that wears out fast, looks awful and will eventually be used to wipe oil from the dipstick?

As far as the pocket or not question, it is just a style and have you ever seen anyone sticking anything in a pocket for a T-Shirt? It makes the T-Shirt sag, the blob inside of the pocket makes the T-Shirt not comfortable and sticks out like a sore thumb. Pockets are a style, but actually useless on a thin T-Shirt for anything except a platform for a nice design or logo.

Jnaki

Another favorite T-Shirt from the HAMB archives is the 4 custom Strombergs on a black “pocket” style shirt. It was going to be a Christmas present this year, but they were sold out. So, still waiting for the next round of silk screen printing…
    upload_2021-12-25_4-14-53.png
    If the design is the attraction, then the pocket version is just a place for the cool logo. Nothing is going to keep the T-shirt from being smooth fitting and plus, it looks nice in black with a contrasting color design print. The styling used to be white shirts in the summer and black ones in the winter, with the grey shirts thrown in either season for a change of scenery. Now, any color and any style is accepted as long as it is of quality and not just a thrown on rag.

But, whatever T-Shirt you choose, it has to be made of quality material and build. Nothing is worse than a skimpy, thin, saggy neck T-Shirt that looks like someone just woke up and had nothing else to wear. T-shirts are accepted as quality street wear anytime of the year. As long as it does not look like a junkyard worker’s shirt. YRMV

15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

But the design on the front helps hide the gut and the moobs:mad::eek:.

Jack Wagon likes this.
  16. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

The shirt HAS TO BE BLACK (it’s sliming) and most of the time logo on the back and small art work on the front.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Thick, 100% cotton w/pocket, as God intended.

18. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

I won’t own t shirts that don’t have a pocket.

19. pkhammer

pkhammer

Small logo on the front, main logo on the back and like most old guys, a pocket for my reading glasses! I NEVER buy a T-shirt with a large logo on the front, I feel like it draws too much attention to my fat belly.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where are you supposed to put your glasses with out a pocket? I always joke to my wife that we need to buy two shirts to cut out a pocket from one to sew onto the other.