Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Saturday Art Show, Prints,various Artwork, Automotive Related

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wicarnut, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottsville , Michigan upload_2021-12-12_8-43-36.jpeg

2. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

My attempt at photo art, staged the shot…left my g**damn bag on the cowl 5DB2D03B-90B7-45EA-99E8-B777A3B1165D.jpeg

3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Lil32,

As I am doing some final writing and research for one of my projects, my wife just told me about a new technique for these winter holidays. Don't be offended, but I am sure you have been approached many times as your white beard is just classic, similar to what we see during the Christmas season.

You seem to fit the requirements of this new idea. Since a lot of schools and younger kids are doing a Zoom presentation for their school, perhaps you would like to participate in a similar program just for the holidays. A cool background could be in the red roadster with the camera outside shooting towards the Santa sitting in the driver's seat. A hot rod Santa Claus for a Zoom "What do you want for Christmas" session. Even on the HAMB... Ha!

If you are outgoing, are a happy, jolly fellow, have personality that would fit in talks with children, here is a future or present job for you. (A Zoom Santa Claus.) A research would be necessary to set up such a thing, but the kids are already using Zoom for their at home schooling these days.

At home Zoom has its plus and minus points. But, since no one wants their kid to sit on a Santa Claus's lap during the pandemic and be in a line at the mall for such a crowded time, it might be handy to have a Zoom Santa Claus, available. No masks required and obvious a real long distance social distancing would be in place.

Just a thought...

Jnaki

upload_2021-12-17_9-24-18.png

4. wicarnut

wicarnut

5. wicarnut

wicarnut

6. wicarnut

wicarnut

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

^^^ - genuine truth - have a 1 year old Grandson who already loves to play with toy cars & trucks and make wheels spin - would like to find a way to get a copy of this -- found posters on etsy.com & amazon, will not arrive until after Christmas - also, hard to find poster on other sites "Some Men Are Just Born With Car Fixing In Their Souls"

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  8. lake_harley

lake_harley

I don't know if this is car related enough but I did use car parts to build this........ A Christmas present for my bride.

The leaves on the plants are cut from bends from an old set of headers, the squiggly "weeds" are dampers from racing valve springs, and the rim is from a model TT truck.

Lynn

IMG_20211218_114209009_BURST000_COVER.jpg

9. jnaki

jnaki

From The Claire Trevor School of The Arts located at UCI, Irvine, Ca
    upload_2021-12-25_4-22-14.png
    Gilbert “Magu” Luján (1940- 2011) Cruising Turtle Island, 1986

Hello,

As it is the winter holiday for all, here is a painting done by Gilbert “Magu” Lujan from So Cal. A graduate of Long Beach State College Art School and his MFA in Art at UCI, Irvine, CA. It just seems like it is So Cal during the holiday season… The area is alive with color, activity and holiday spirit.

Being at Long Beach State College during the same time, it was a turbulent several years from 1967-70. College still functioned for most of us and we are all happy for it. The artwork, at the time, for me, is a time from color explosion and exploration.

Jnaki
    upload_2021-12-25_4-34-48.png
    Photos to custom art work in the exploratory classes was the standard back then.
    upload_2021-12-25_4-34-1.png

10. wicarnut

wicarnut

Merry Christmas christmas2021_n.jpg

Joe Blow, ct1932ford, X-cpe and 10 others like this.
  11. Lil32

Lil32

artist Hoon Auto Gear
    Cartoons_0015.jpg

12. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

13. wicarnut

wicarnut

Britt Madding. btittmadding_n.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  14. wicarnut

wicarnut

#27 Perry Grim, Edelbrock V8 60, #56 Billy Cantrell, Drake, Bill Vukovich in his Drake. Joe Henning Artist. 27perrygrim56billycantrellpolecarbillvukovich_n.jpg

Fordors, joep4567, Joe Blow and 12 others like this.
  15. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-1-1_17-14-35.png A custom Chevy sedan in Van Nuys, CA
    Artwork by Levi Ponce / Danny Trejo Van Nuys Boulevard and Tamarack Avenue.

Hello,

Danny Trejo has always liked old cars and trucks. His friend, Levi Ponce, artist, portrayed his artwork in Van Nuys, CA. In the beginning artwork, the 1951 Chevy Truck became a part of the whole mural. The finished product shows the complete artwork to include the silver lowered 1951 Chevy Truck.
    upload_2022-1-1_17-18-22.png

Jnaki

We have all come to appreciate the characters that actor, Danny Trejo has portrayed in the countless movies from bad guys to not so bad guys. When one sees him in real life, it is a little disarming. Those images we have conjured from the movies are a part of how we see people in real life.

That is the reality of Hollywood. Fantasy images to relate to as real life as possible, whether it is true or not. Intense is a good description, too. Sometimes scary and other times, he is just a normal guy with a nice personality.
    upload_2022-1-1_17-19-26.png original concept
    The best description of “character” actor and it is played well by Danny Trejo. The 1951 Chevy Truck and other custom cars were all a part of the lifestyle during the times growing up in So Cal.

Some of the inspiration for So Cal custom car scene is evident in the beginning photograph, with a Chevy sedan, and the cool side window air cooler. It does get hot in Van Nuys, CA.

16. wicarnut

wicarnut

Bob Kramer artwork BobKramer-1.jpg

17. wicarnut

wicarnut

Larry Grossman artwork LarryGrossman.jpg

18. Lil32

Lil32

19. ............Superman wears Danny Trejo pajamas.;)

20. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-1-8_5-35-21.png
    July 11th Vol 1 No 2
    Published by Dan Roulston who functioned as the publisher and editor. Previously editor of Drag News until 1959

Hello,

My brother and I heard and read about the Art Afrons aircraft powered race car coming out West. We made it a point to reserve those days for filming. We knew about the history of the drag car and all of Afrons’ builds. But, since they were in the Midwest, we had never seen one in action. Even our dad was excited that he was able to go to Lion’s Dragstrip and see the race car in action.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/early-drag-racing-photos.1222399/page-21#post-14088741

When my brother and I started our drag racing/hot rod building adventures, our dad wanted both of us to go to college. But, for the time being, he supported us in the engine building and speed shop parts business we created. He even went to Lion’s Dragstrip almost monthly to watch those unusual races and racecars, like the “Green Monster.” The reality was captured by another So Cal person filming the action with his 8mm camera.

Thank goodness that our dad followed us (the two brothers) to our sports activities, drag racing and surfing. Those films he took are now classic and brings back those times when we were active teenagers experiencing So Cal lifestyle at its finest. Thanks, Dad…

One day, in the 2000’s I was watching the my new, You Tube Channel and saw this film clip of my brother, his friend and me, all dressed alike at Lion’s Dragstrip. (blue nylon jackets, white t shirts, Levis, and desert boots with our fairly short buzz cuts.) But, the thing that stood out was a fast moving blurb across the bottom of the screen. It was our dad in his famous Dobbs Fedora Hat. He wore that hat every time he went out of the house.

upload_2022-1-8_5-38-56.png Thanks RRuss film capture...
    The teenagers on the spectator side at Lions Dragstrip in their flat tops and blue nylon jackets. Our dad in his Dobbs Fedora hat…Lower Right
    Lion's Dragstrip spectators

Art Afrons at Lions

SPECIAL:
    Art Afrons Green Monster SOUND
    filming: Summer 1959 original sound from September 1959

21. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-1-9_4-21-19.png

Hello,

Nice showing of a version of the name Rivoli Movie Theater. In our Long Beach city, the downtown area was full of movie theaters. Some did well and stayed on the first run circuit for the latest movies. Others were on the first run list, but eventually, dropped down into a version of a small 1000 seat theater for 2nd run movies and movies for certain genres.

The local Long Beach downtown Rivoli Theater was across the street from our favorite Chevrolet dealer, Cormier Chevrolet, (1958 Impala and 1965 El Camino purchases) before they moved to the new 405 freeway area in late 65/early 66. For us, it was centrally located, about two miles from our Westside Long Beach house to the West, two miles to our local high school to the North, and about two miles to Reath Automotive on Cherry Avenue to the East.

upload_2022-1-9_4-23-2.png
    “Opened by Arthur Theatres on December 24, 1936 with Bing Crosby in “Pennies from Heaven” & Herbert Marshall in “Make Way for a Lady”. The Rivoli Theatre was one of the many neighborhood theatres that was located in Long Beach. By 1950 it was operated by Cabart Theaters Corp. It was still open in 1978.”
    upload_2022-1-9_4-24-3.png
    December 24th, 1936

In the 1950s and 60s the Rivoli was operated by Cabart as a First Run Theater.
    By the 1970s it was a 49 cent bargain house.
    It closed in 1979 with Pacific Theatres the final operator.
    The Rivoli was demolished to make way for the now-defunct Long Beach Mall.
    upload_2022-1-9_4-25-29.png
    A scene from “It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World” movie from 1963 shows Cormier Chevrolet and the whole side (left background above red banner) of the Rivoli Theater behind the used car portion of Cormier Chevrolet
    upload_2022-1-9_4-27-18.png
    The used car lot (Right side, next to the Rivoli Theater ) was part of Cormier Chevrolet.

22. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2022-1-15_5-21-21.png
    Vale, Oregon Art Mortimer

Hello,

Southern California artist, Art Mortimer has plenty of art work all over So Cal. But this one celebrates the car culture deep in a small town history in the state of Oregon. Vale, Oregon has a population of 2,079 and give or take the pandemic results, it could vary, today. It is in Eastern Oregon near the Idaho state border.
    upload_2022-1-15_5-23-48.png
    The mural depicts the coming of the time of automobiles in the area.

“This mural in a weekend is about early transportation in the town of Vale, Oregon, depicts a town gas station at the beginning of the automobile era. Other images depict an early “horseless carriage” with a woman driver, a horse and buggy, and an early tanker truck.”
    upload_2022-1-15_9-52-22.png

Jnaki

Old cars, old town, an area of mural projects all over the small eastern Oregon town that has roots back to the
    1800s.

23. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Spent Christmas in Santa Fe.....this was in a window. No artist listed.
    IMG_0736 (2).JPG IMG_0737 (1).JPG

24. wicarnut

wicarnut

Bob McCoy, CRA Roadster. BobMcCoyCRAroadster.jpg

Frogz, putz, 41 GMC K-18 and 11 others like this.
  25. wicarnut

wicarnut

26. Lil32

Lil32

artist Hoon Auto Gear
    Cartoons.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.