Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Christmas Eve and I'm hiding in the garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, and to all the hoodlums on the HAMB!

2. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

E283EA8E-080B-44B6-81F9-DF8DC714C2A7.jpeg 98461C92-9E5A-4363-B425-5F88806EC0FF.jpeg We took a stroll thru a local car lot…

oldsjoe, alfin32, Budget36 and 6 others like this.
  3. twenty8

twenty8

Wishing all you guys the best, and the strength you need at this time. We are all missing someone at this time of year.

4. A house full of females? That actually sounds good to me. I wish I had a house full of females, maybe I could get them all drunk enough to think I am virile and handsome...:rolleyes:

5. twenty8

twenty8

Probably not when they are family..........o_O

Happy Christmas to all.

Budget36, Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  6. Yeah, but remember, I am from Alabama........relatives are fair game according to the stereotypical Southern image.:p

325w, Crazy Steve, BamaMav and 10 others like this.
  7. twenty8

twenty8

And, after all, it is Christmas............:p

8. I hear you, but mine will be Southern Comfort cake, yum. HRP

[​IMG]

oldsjoe, loudbang, Budget36 and 6 others like this.
  9. Don my friend, you ain't right! :D :rolleyes:HRP

10. I was going to turn wrenches today myself. That didn't happen.

No company comming to call, well not the grandkids and all. Perhaps a neighbor or two, I can make them siamese if I can just find the glue.

Time to clean the shop, well maybe tomorrow, then it'll be clean as a top.

Damn a poet and didn't know it.

I hope you all have the best Christmas ever. Family and friends, fun to no end.

11. Lil32

Lil32

Merry Xmas from Aussie who cannot be with you Yanks

12. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

Oooo. Good point, I didn’t even consider that one.

Deuces likes this.
  13. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Merry Christmas !

I spent the day in my shop too, spent the day tearing apart the air compressor, taking the check valve apart and going to home depot and believe it or not found a spring in their 84 spring kit to fix my check valve! So the valve is ready to go back in and while I was at home depot I bought 10 foot of copper tubing and some black pipe and various connectors to build a small heat tube exchanger and pipe water trap for the compressor.

oldsjoe, mad mikey, Budget36 and 3 others like this.
  14. Yep, I spent the day in the shop as well. Tried to get it somewhat straightened up after letting it get way out of control the last few months working on my boys cars. Made good progress, but still have a ways to go.

And, then I had to fix a stupid water leak in the yard from a sprinkler. Waiting on the glue to dry now so I can turn the water back on. Thankful it is still almost 80 degrees out at 10:00 pm.

Jack Wagon and Deuces like this.
  15. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Spent the day in the shop doing all kinds of things. Wife was inside cooking for tomorrow. First Christmas Eve by ourselves, ever. Kids and grandkids will be here tomorrow. Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year.

oldsjoe, mad mikey, Budget36 and 2 others like this.
  16. Deuces

Deuces

Here you go Danny.... I know this one is yours...;) 141813571346421.gif

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    oldsjoe, mad mikey, Lil32 and 3 others like this.
  17. Guilty as charged my friend. :) HRP

mad mikey, Jack Wagon and Deuces like this.
  18. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy your garage time Danny. All the best for you and your family in 2022. Wishing good thoughts for your daughter's recovery as well.

mad mikey, Jack Wagon and Deuces like this.
  19. Hiding at the firehouse on Christmas day :( 20211225_090448.jpg

20. I had a hard time liking that one Lloyd, thanks for what you guys do.

21. jnaki

jnaki

Hey 1OT,

Smoked Turkey is/was a staple at our house in the Westside of Long Beach. Once my dad brought one home for Thanksgiving, then, we liked it so much that we had other big ones for Christmas, both holidays for the next several years. They were commercially smoked in Los Angeles and given to my dad as a gift every Christmas. My mom liked regular turkey better, but it was a “free no cook” Christmas meal and she was happy.

One year, my brother got the idea of Smoked Turkey down in Baja Mexico was going to last for several days of our 5 day Thanksgiving Vacation. All day surfing and just having fun away from So Cal. So, he created this home-made smoker out of a heavy duty metal milk can with a lid.
    upload_2021-12-25_8-35-55.png
    We had purchased a metal surplus milk container and modified it to allow a medium size turkey to roast/smoke inside for a whole day. We had a “smoking good time” on Monday night with a smoked chicken for a practice run. The turkey cooked on Tuesday for our trip.
    A regular dinner with the folks on Wednesday and immediately after, on the road South down the coast, past the Baja Border.
    upload_2021-12-25_8-38-32.png upload_2021-12-25_8-38-47.png

The container had a removable lid, a hole cut out on the inside of the bottom to rest on a small “Hibachi” grill. Those small “Hibachi” grills were very popular with the surf crowd. The chicken or turkey was hung on a wire down into the chamber and the smoke from the “Hibachi" coals/smoked wood did the job. Small holes were drilled on the top cover to allow some smoke to leave. Our backyard was Smoked Turkey heaven and we all sat around waiting for the goods to get finished so we could taste it.

Jnaki

You are extremely mechanical, so this milk can idea could be made in your garage for the smoked chicken, steaks and turkey lunches or dinners. Any size of Hibachi grill units would work, the small grilles fit inside of the large, modified, steel container. But, other sizes could sit underneath would do a similar job.

In Baja, we ate smoked turkey and shared the rest of the gobs of turkey with everyone. Eating a large, smoked turkey drumstick while sitting on a cliff overlooking a cool Baja Mexico sunset, as the overhead waves kept rolling into the reef, was just something no one can forget...ever. Good times for all!

Memories still exist, but for those that have to be out in the garage away from everyone, here is a project to get going. Although, it may draw others out to see what you are cooking. The smell is definitely worth the trouble. Now, I am hungry describing the smoked turkey from memory. Ha !!!

Lil32 and Budget36 like this.

22. I learned how to smoke turkeys & ham's more than 40 years ago, I took them to my parents for Christmas dinner, I had no idea I was starting a family tradition because my mom was a great cook but her turkeys were dry.

After tasting the smoked turkey for the first time she said from now on Danny will provide the turkey, mom never did cook another one. HRP

oldsjoe, mad mikey, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  23. Danny we are the go to for turkey cooking as well!

mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  24. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sorry for your loss. I am sure this holiday is especially rough on the whole family. Wishing you and yours a good day and a better new year!

25. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Mine's already gone!

mad mikey, Deuces and Jack Wagon like this.
  26. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Thank you

mad mikey, Deuces and Jack Wagon like this.
  27. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, this Christmas season will be better than some I've had. Picture 061.jpg

This was Christmas day, 1967. My, how time flies.

rod1, oldsjoe, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  28. HOTRODNORSKIE

HOTRODNORSKIE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First big snow we had in 2 years and more to come so I went to the shop and worked on the new clutch for the Fairlane. That was my Christmas fun.

oldsjoe, mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  29. fuzzface

fuzzface

First time ever on Christmas that I raked leaves from around the cars that are outside, usually we have snow or it is at least cold but wasn't bad at all. Did get new dolly wheels put on my cherry picker also, getting ready to pull an engine and didn't like the ones on it and would be a pain in the but to dig out my good one so I brought new wheels almost a month ago and finally got them on. Did a little shop cleaning too. Found a few tools that been missing in action for a while. Still haven't found my favorite snap on ratchet though. Been missing for years. Some reason I have a gut feeling it grew legs and disappeared. Had to work Christmas night so I had to shut down early and put my body to bed.

We made a 26.5# turkey for the two of us on Wednesday. It was supposed to be our Thanksgiving turkey but my stove had a little fire the Saturday before and we were lucky because we were planning on pulling the turkey out of the freezer Sunday morning. So the turkey stayed in the freezer and we made ribs instead in the crock pot. had to wait until beginning of Dec. to get the part so our Thanksgiving turkey became an early Christmas meal instead. So Christmas day I was starting to get tired of leftover turkey and had just a pizza.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Deuces, rod1 and RRanchero Rick like this.