Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Connecticut Guys...Question about License Plate Lights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deyomatic, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Quick question and Google isn't helping me at all. I removed the "STOP" light and the bracket it was on from the back of my Model A. I found some pics online of other lights to use- some As and Deuces have lights for the plate and some do not.

Before I go drilling any MORE holes into my dream car I figured I'd ask if anyone here knows if a car this old NEEDS a license plate light in Connecticut.

I am thinking it does but hoping not.

Thanks...and Merry Christmas.

2. PhilA

PhilA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Hydro Tech

The only CT legislation I can find pre-1967 is the requirement for a single red tail light (rather than 2 after then).
    All vehicles must have a white light that illuminates the plate, making it visible up to 50 feet away. It must be wired so it comes on with the headlights or aux lights.

Depending on how traditional you're feeling, you can get screws for the plate that have a light built into them which satisfy the law. Saves drilling holes and they're fairly inconspicuous.

3. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

^^what he said & what I did:

A32A2CB2-E2FE-41A5-9338-0F5BD409A691.jpeg

alfin32, catdad49, PhilA and 5 others like this.
  4. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

NICE. I just ordered a set of those and will see if I can make them work with what I've already got going on. The things that you don't know exist!

catdad49, PhilA and AVater like this.