Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another new guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mgb, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Mgb

Mgb

It seems whenever I have a question about older cars/engines/speed parts I’m always reading a HAMB post on the subject. So I figured I would sign up if for no other reason than to say thanks!

Seriously though, where else would someone like me even begin to find out what a MEL engine was? Or how to shrink the top proportionally for a raked chop top? V/belt blower limitations? Of course there are a ton of others as well.

while the car itself I’m building isn’t traditional in body will be utilizing a lot of traditional build techniques on it (SBC) converted Detroit blower, block fill ect. And I am certain this fourm will be very helpful in my endeavors.

thanks again for an excellent resource

2. Welcome and enjoy the site. Who knows, we may ultimately be able to bring you over to the dark side.:D

3. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.

4. Mgb

Mgb

That certainly wouldn’t be hard hahaha, I’ve long had thoughts about building a gasser 61 Plymouth Valiant wagon with a first Gen Hemi (likely a baby Hemi).

I also harbor thoughts of altereds and slingshots…there are just too many cool ways to build a traditional type of ride

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Florida.

6. El Mirage Garage

El Mirage Garage

Welcome. You've come to the right place.