Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage event shirt choices.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastcar1953, Dec 22, 2021.

?
  1. front

21 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. back

81 vote(s)
    79.4%
  1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I'm a two pocket guy myself, hard to find. You guys that dont want t-shirts, how about another MUG:rolleyes:

jim snow likes this.
  2. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Last event shirt I got just as covid was kicking off at the beginning of 2020. Kinda took travelling for granted before that. DSC00800.JPG

3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

T-shirt pockets are useless, they're too small to actually put anything in them.

loudbang and rockable like this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:p That’s me. If seated when eating and the design is large enough , it wipes right off . No harm no fowl.

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

But I am with others for a pocket . Sun or regular glasses and or phone. Phone in jeans rear pocket = calls to China or last person I talked to. You ever walking around and hearing someone muffled yelling HELLO? :D

rust runner, jim snow and Boneyard51 like this.
  6. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Loudbang nailed it. No pocket. Small logo on front, large logo on back. I like to have color choices. Heather gray, blue, etc. I have lots of black t shirts and don't always need more.

7. Pocket…yes
    Design/Logo ….on back

The logo on the front tends to emphasize an oversized belly. It’s hard enough to hide as is, ‘don’t need anything else to call attention to it.:(

jim snow, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I’m in the small logo on front and large on back…kinda 50/50 on the pockets so since they cost more I guess I’m out on them. Take the money you save ,having no pockets, and buy a better shirt! I have hundreds of event tee shirts and I can tell by picking them up which are good shirts and which are the cheapos! Also if possible get longer shirts if they have that option! ( stays tucked in better)! When I did our event there were a lot of choices on the blank tee shirts, color, quality and length only adds a couple of dollars to the shirt. If you give an attendee a junk shirt….he will remember that! If you give him a quality shirt ……he will remember that! Just my experiences!

Bones

bchctybob, WB69, rockable and 2 others like this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I go with the NO WHITE SHIRTS, last thing I want to do is walk around looking like an old fat guy in his undershirt when it is bad enough when I walk around looking like an old fat guy in a dark colored car show or hot rod shirt.
    I own two white car shirts. I don't wear either, but one is my Hamb Andy shirt, and the other is the Tom Medley shirt that I got for donating to the rebuild of the 40 after the fire. Both are in my special stuff stash box and that is where they stay.
    Pocket T show shirts may be a regional thing or may be a show promoter thing but I haven't seen any around here.
    In the past few years, the shirt has to be a darker "doesn't show the coffee or pop or? " and even more so has to be a really great looking shirt. I'm in that probably have 100 + event shirts and most only get worn to events and nowhere else until they start getting tired.
    I've got a long-standing habit of not wearing a shirt I got at an event at that event unless the last day of the event is more of a breakfast, awards and pack up and leave day.

Lil32, WB69, Boneyard51 and 1 other person like this.
  10. .........So very true. Don't try to cut corners on the quality of the shirts. All of the major suppliers ( Hanes, Gildan, Delta, etc.) have "budget" lines as well as their top of the line shirts. Don't fall for the cheaper stuff just to save a few dollars.

Dino 64, Lil32, Jack Wagon and 3 others like this.
  11. slowmotion

slowmotion

No love for us old farts who use that pocket for our cheaters huh Mark?:(
    Event shirts are a no-go for me for a couple of reasons, no pocket being one. The other is blaitent bend-over prices when a 'cause' isn't envolved.
    My dresser is chocked full of Carhart pocket T's these days...:rolleyes:

12. For me, it's all about the artwork.

Boneyard51 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

I PREFER BLACK W/ SMALL LOGO ON FRONT LARGE LOGO ON BACK NO POCKET
    I WEAR A HOT ROD SHIRT EVERY DAY
    ITS IN MY BLOOD AND I COULD WEAR A DIFFERENT SHIRT EVERY DAY FOR A LONG TIME BUT I HAVE MY FAVORITES

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Small logo on front, no logo on back. Don't mind advertising, don't care to be the billboard.
    I know, I'm the odd one.

15. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I must have 100+ as well. Many back 30 yrs. Wear em all the time. Wife threatens to get rid of a bunch of them-cut down to maybe 50.

16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Y not?

olscrounger likes this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Long Sleeve. I like a pocket but not mandatory. Small on the front opposite the pocket and large on the back..

18. Jack Wagon

Jack Wagon
    from Ferguson

I like your thinking

19. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

But, if you put the pocket on the back, how's that gonna work?;)

20. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with you, buddy. Wrangler shirts, Marlboro 100's in the right pocket. Too many miles sitting behind a wheel with nothing else to do.;)

21. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

I like my event shirts like I like my mullets......business (small event name/upper left chest) in the front, party (large event logo) in the back. Black is a must (camouflages most stains....beer etc.).

Boneyard51 and olscrounger like this.
  22. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Ganahl told me, "California guys like the printing on the back, Northwest guys like it on the front, so it will show when your jacket is open".

23. bchctybob

bchctybob

I'm a small logo in front, large on the back guy. I don't care about pockets, but I feel the quality before buying any T-shirt anywhere. Offer both black and white (or light gray), I don't wear black T-shirts in 100+ heat; it's white on hot days, black on normal and cool days.
    I also don't buy shirts with over-the-top, complicated graphics that make the topic hard to decipher. Make mine simple and classy. Look at Boling Bros shirts. Your artwork is on the edge for my taste, I may buy it to support a cause but I wouldn't wear it often - shop shirt. But that's just me....

24. So......I guess we should post some of our favorites.?:D 20191228_101452.jpg

Dino 64, Lil32, jim snow and 3 others like this.
  25. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well you didn’t mention a small logo for the front just the front or back option. So I prefer the front unless there is a small logo option as well. Pocket? Useless in my opinion.

Now if you really want to sell shirts put your avatar on the front!

26. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

I had a client tell me he always had his t-shirts printed with the name of the company on the back. This way when the guys were setting at the bar his name was in full view!!!

alanp561 and Boneyard51 like this.
  27. 5window

5window

Sorry. A fifty plus discussion thread on FASHION!!!!! Get a life hotrodders. Merry Christmas.

jim snow likes this.
  28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^ One of the things about jeans and T-shirts is that they are never out of style:cool:

Lil32, Budget36 and lothiandon1940 like this.