Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shackles for Model A front springs

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by F-6Garagerat, Dec 2, 2014.

1. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Have any pics Ed? I know your work is top notch. I'd really like to see them.

image.jpg

2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

I can't find any pictures. I can't remember the last time I used them. The bushing is P/N A4020

3. spiders web

spiders web

Just a word of caution to all you do it your selvers. While I've been in the trade for decades Ii just had an experience with the people at Johnny Law motors where i ordered a reverse eye front spring for my Model A (29) and specifically asked if the spring came with the eye bushings and the response was that they did. Well after receiving the spring there were not only no bushings but they don't offer the bushings for there product. F@#%!!!!!!!!!!! They said I could get them from Speedway or Posies. I should have gotten all of it elsewhere.

4. That is part of the HOFFMAN group!
    Time on the HAMB would have told you not to go anywhere near them!
    Sorry for your bad experience, but thanks for the heads up.
    It's just more evidence about that outfit.:rolleyes:

gimpyshotrods, RICH B and mad mikey like this.
  5. Old post but X38 is right. Also, I went with Oilite bushings for mine.

6. metalhead140

metalhead140

I know this is an old post, but thanks so much for this... Had the front spring pulled out to replace it, with a new shackle kit, when I discovered the eye diameter problem! Had some new rear shackles waiting here too, so was able to shorten the bushes to suit.