Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1941 Ford Pickup stolen in Tulsa with man's ashes inside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Dec 22, 2021.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

SOB !!! And I do not try to swear much .

juan motime, Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. That is so sad. I hope the perps get dealt with accordingly.
    Vic

4. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

To be fair I’m sure the bastards did not know they were stealing an urn with mortal remains. But that does not in any way diminish their behaviour. I’m just sick and tired of all the disregard for others property, the law, as well as the mealy sentences dealt out if they are caught and convicted!

juan motime, blowby, Deuces and 3 others like this.

5. rusty valley

rusty valley

Thats a sad story. It seems quite common that trucks with trailers get stolen out of "modern" motel lots. I always look for the old mom an pops joints where you park rite in front of your room. Yeah, hard to do with a trailer, but still better than those big chain places where you are not in sight of your rig.. Last one I hauled home, an 18K purchase, I found a restaurant lot that had semi's parked also, and slept on the front seat

Tow Truck Tom and Deuces like this.
  6. It may not be politically correct, but remember what they did to horse thieves.

7. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^ A fair and impartial trial followed by a swift hanging

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Lets hope they recover the whole package, but at least the 40. Maybe they get lucky and catch the bastards.

Deuces and alanp561 like this.
  9. Man, that sucks. Praying they get it back.

v8flat44 and Deuces like this.
  10. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

I don’t do Facebook, but hopefully it’s been posted there , and word will spread on this and someone spots it somewhere. I feel sorry for that family. Talk about a kick in the gut after you’re already down.

Deuces likes this.
  11. "Pena said her husband died of cancer last winter, and his cremated remains were inside a box in the truck."

Hopefully the thieves didn't look in the box and see nothing but ashes and threw them out, There is way too many thefts like this taking place all over the country, this one is really said loosing a loved one ashes. HRP

v8flat44, hotrodjack33 and Deuces like this.
  12. Deuces

Deuces

Y'all don't want to know what I'm thinkin'.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

The thieves, because of the remains, might be in more trouble than they know of. As soon as the real owner completes his check in with St. Pete at the gate, he might turn an eye on the thieves. I hope that there is a good ending to all of this.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  14. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

My better half went to Florida from CT to pick up her uncles ashes. She wanted to put them in the family plot.
    She drove around for 4 weeks with them before she could get enough of the family together.

15. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Some good news. The truck has been located. No firm word on the gentleman’s remains. Local news is following up.
    I actually saw the Ford on its trailer behind a wrecker pulling out of the Sperry, OK area around 3:00 this afternoon. Cursory glance looked to be intact. Maybe a Christmas won’t be ruined.

16. FANTASTIC news, thanks for posting :)

17. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

18. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

This is good news. Hopefully the man’s ashes were not disturbed.

19. You already know what I think:(. I won't say and get in trouble with some who kick peoples teeth out.:mad:

alanp561 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It sounds like the thief (s) didn't want to take the time to drop the trailer in the parking lot. Run down the road a ways to a vacant, drop the trailer and go do what you had plans for the Avalanche, Most likely meaning that a lot of the parts are already on another rig.