Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Remembering the good old Christmas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Dec 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Bruce.

2. WOW Stogy I wish I had her back.MERRY CHRISTMAS.Bruce.

3. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Bruce.

4. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all too.Bruce.

mad mikey, Deuces, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  5. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too! Bruce.

6. MERRY CHRISTMAS Loudbang! Bruce.

7. MERRY CHRISTMAS Don. Bruce.

8. MERRY CHRISTMAS Snowman.Bruce.

9. MERRY CHRISTMAS Mikey. Bruce.

10. Dom I would never forget you buddy.MERRY CHRISTMAS. Bruce.

11. MERRY CHRISTMAS Belair. Bruce.

12. MERRY CHRISTMAS Leo! Bruce.

13. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Merry Christmas to one and all on the HAMB!

14. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-12-23_4-30-53.png Our first real home from 1948-53
    1940s Craftsman Style house, 1948, Westside of Long Beach

Hello,

After having lived in a small one bedroom trailer from 1946 to 48 in Long Beach as our first rental home, we were amazed that people actually lived in real white houses with picket fences and nice grassy yards. When our dad was able to drive the whole family over several miles to this old white house with huge, tall, fat palm trees in front of a picket fence, we were all amazed. “Our real house?” was the first thing my brother asked…
    upload_2021-12-23_4-34-52.png
    Our first Christmas was an oddball one. We did not have a brick chimney in this new/old house. My brother and I wondered how the big old guy was going to deliver the presents if we did not have a chimney. I kept asking my mom. She kept saying it was fine and all would he good, if we were good little boys. Ha! What a trick that was…

My dad chuckled and said the same thing to both of us. My brother was ok with the answer. But, I still could not figure out how the big old guy (not my dad) was going to get the presents to us on Christmas morning. Everyone went to sleep and my mom told me not to worry like I was for the last week or so.

Jnaki

On Christmas morning around 2 am, I wandered out to the living room and looked around. No presents were at the bottom of the tree. So, I opened the front door to see if they were outside on the big porch. Nothing was on the porch. Then I got the bright idea of leaving the front door open so there would be a way for the presents to get under the tree.

The next thing I realized was that it was Christmas morning and everyone was awake. I was still sleepy, but the excitement took over. Now, it was a wonderful Christmas morning, hot chocolate, pastries and a ton of presents for everyone.

So, what happened? My mom heard a noise and came out to the living room in the early morning. She remembered around 3 a.m. she found me fast asleep in on the wooden floor, in front of the open front door. (When she told the story many years later, she could not believe it was the Westside of Long Beach and our front door was wide open...But, it was 1948) She woke my dad and he carried me back to bed. Then they got all of the presents out and put them under the tree. Chimney or not…

Photos are all that we have left, since we cannot do a drive-by photo shoot. The local school district bought up all of the property from near the end of the old Lion’s Dragstrip property to the newest high school property, about a mile long in distance.

They destroyed all of the classic homes from the late 30s early 40s to create a maintenance yard, elementary school, a middle school and leading to the newest high school. So, old photos and memories are all that is left.

upload_2021-12-23_6-52-32.png
    It was a happy moment for our first Christmas in the new/old house. I still remember sitting there looking outside in the dark, waiting for someone to show up… Well, it is still a mystery as to what gets under the tree for our Christmas morning joy, ever since! YRMV
    upload_2021-12-23_7-1-47.png

15. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

I'm not sure where I got this but Merry Christmas to all. 1182.jpg

Lil32 and Stogy like this.
  16. I remember a Christmas years back (can't remember the exact year right now), but the Governor of Pa. at the time had just thrown out the fender law for street rods here. Christmas eve I was out in the shop drinking cold beer and removing the little fenders I had on the coupe. Good times.:)

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Bruce and all HAMBERS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Joe

Deuces, Lil32, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  18. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

19. Carlmac 369

Carlmac 369

Merry Christmas Hambers!!

Shutter Speed, coupe man and Stogy like this.
  20. Deuces

Deuces

No "
    "No likes" for that^^^^^creep....:confused:..............:eek:

21. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

christmas.JPG

Merry Christmas fellow HAMBers!

Six Ball, Deuces, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  22. Hudson31

Hudson31

Bruce, Have a Merry Christmas!

Deuces likes this.
  23. My cat loves the tree, from a few years ago.
    DSCN0001.JPG DSCN0005.JPG

Attached Files:

24. X-cpe

X-cpe

So the avatar is just a clever way to troll for hot wife pictures?

Deuces likes this.
  25. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Merry Christmas!

Attached Files:

26. j hansen

j hansen

Ha,Ha. I think there are better ways to get hold of such pics than here on the HAMB.;)

27. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all! Bruce, did you ever find your "new" wagon? Great to see you back here.

Deuces likes this.
  28. Deuces

Deuces

I fixed one pic for ya....;) A0D12D60-8256-4870-B9C3-AD8B853A8EBC.jpeg.jpg

29. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.