Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Ride The Curb...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Dick Scritchfield (ex McGee) Deuce Roadster.jpg

chryslerfan55, Tman, Sancho and 3 others like this.
  2. One of my favourite hotrod B movie scenes! Think about it quite a bit. Fun scene in a campy movie.

3. connielu

connielu
    1. A-D Truckers

Pic shows "Gene Vincent " as one of the characters. The singer?......

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. connielu

connielu
    1. A-D Truckers

Wikipedia says yes.

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Another great movie with old hotrods in the background is 'The Blob', It pop's up on my DVR every now and then.

Chris

6. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Those wonderful stunt people...I gotta hand it to the guy outside the Plymouth getting splashed, pretty close for roadster to pass by.

7. 5window

5window

Hot Rod Dialog from the movie:
    • Dave : I'm still convinced the half-drive centrifugal blower will give better power thrust.

Anastasia Abernathy : There he goes with that Hot Rod Esperanto.

Marley : Dissect that mechanical genius and you'll find spark plugs in multiple cars.

Anastasia Abernathy : And a super charger instead of a heart. Maybe he'd give me a tumble if I was a drag wagon.

John Abernathy III : He just doesn't realize you're potential horsepower output, baby. That's all.

Anastasia Abernathy : All it takes is the right fuel mixture and my RPM acts like crazy.

8. Shitbox

Shitbox
    from Yubatuckey

Slappies in a gow job…

9. wicarnut

wicarnut

I had not thought about this for years, we called it bumper tag, 3-6 cars, we chased around during daylight and the idea was to touch car in fronts bumper, when touched you were out, to win, you work to front, then you were leader. I participated in this a few times and thought, this is crazy, in my youth I did more than one stupid crazy thing, but this was up there on the list of "dumb ass" kid stuff. Agree I like the old car/racing movies for the cars, story line always bad.

10. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

When they make movies today, the streets have to be blocked off and there are all kinds of permits and police supervision and things required. For those zero budget movies back then, I suspect a lot of those street scenes were just filmed on the fly.

11. Dumbest Hollywood clip ever. And we think those idiots are out of touch today. The only way to watch these flicks in on MST3K. The best, worst one is The Giant Gila Monster, 1959

12. Kids did this in the 50's where I lived in So Cal but added knocking down mail boxes while they were at it.

13. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

By the way, the location of these Hollywood scenes were:
    Curb race: 1400 block of Cahuenga Blvd, heading south
    Side-by-side race: Santa Monica Blvd between Fairfax Ave and La Brea, heading east
    Splash scene: 7300 block of Romaine Street

14. Last edited: Dec 23, 2021