Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Another whazzit...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, Dec 21, 2021.

1. My brother spotted this in an alley. Anyone know what it is? 20211221_210223.jpg

2. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

My next project!!

Don't know but I love the suicide doors, on a truck even! If Milner had seen that he would have built that instead of his yellow coupe!

Reo?

Deuces likes this.
  3. That triangle emblem on the grill kinda looks familiar, but I can't make it out. If the bed sides are original (or copied from the original) it would be a utility. Not Australian with the steering on the left...

Stogy, LWEL9226 and Deuces like this.
  4. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, dusty;
    Looks like the remains of a Hudson, ~ '24 or so. Going by the rad shell n badge & drum headlites. Length of hood suggests a bigger upscale car. Guessing a sedan converted into pu. Somebody took some time & pride in that build, even the rear fenders fit ok. Actually, a very nicely proportioned deal. Look at the bed-rail lining up w/the door bodyline. Thinking the cowl + w/s & transition band aren't from a Hudson, but it matches the bedsides. Maybe the cowl & bedsides need a bead put in to compliment the door & tie-in the hood. I've got way too many projects to even think about this one--- uhm..., wanna trade... :D ? Nononono, can't go there... ;( . Well, maybe... hmmm.... Worth saving as-is. Well, as a resto-rod, or some-such. Would leave folks scratching their heads, & you'll *never* see another one. Worth the price of admission. Your new project? I'm seeing that one w/a straight 8, or super-6, say 308(? :D ?), or at least a packard 320 v8 w/the Hudson valve covers. Very unique hotrod. I wouldn't cut n chop it. Very neat find. Hope it gets saved. A closeup of the grille shell emblem & hubcaps will help narrow part of it down, + a shot of the mill, from each side, may as well get a dash/gauge set pics, too. :D .
    Marcus...

Stogy, MMM1693, Deuces and 4 others like this.

5. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

Try googling 1926 or 1927 Hudson truck.

grille badge and body seem similar.

*dang! typing too slow, again* :D

Deuces likes this.
  6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Hudson pickups had suicide doors.

Deuces likes this.
  7. Thanks guys, looks like '26 Hudson is it. A few things don't match up, like the cowl and fenders, but these probably got altered over the decades.

Deuces likes this.
  8. junkman8888

junkman8888

Have no idea what the truck is but I have dibs on the motorcycle in the background!

Deuces likes this.
  9. Deuces

Deuces

Looks cool though....:cool::)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Really cool truck. Is it for sale? (is that a phone # on the glass?) Bike and couple of Vettes. I wanna see what's hiding in the old building! Looks like a really old neighborhood. Not what you'd see driving alleys around here.

indyjps and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. indyjps

indyjps

I'd look at everything hanging around there.
    Crop out the Vettes and it look like a pic from the 50's. Oops - damn ratchet straps.

12. It once belonged to the Joad family. camionnettefamiliale9zeme3.2018.jpg

Elcohaulic likes this.
  13. I asked my brother if that was my Christmas present but he hasn't responded. Maybe it's a surprise? :)

Stogy likes this.
  14. A couple C3 Vettes

15. Another pic from my brother. Looks like the same place that he hasn't fessed up the location of. Some seriously fat tires for the period, that also have air in them. I love the slanted windshield. Doesn't look like "hot rod" material, but would make a nice restoration project though... 20211229_132813.jpg

16. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

617 is a Boston exchange

17. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The sedan a 1925 Lincoln.

kidcampbell71, VANDENPLAS and Tman like this.
  18. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Damn as that Lincoln sits it is worth about 30 thousand just crazy

kidcampbell71 and VANDENPLAS like this.

19. Dang it !!!! I really wanted to say it’s a DODGE !!!

895A2C22-CA8A-43E9-9391-86C891A94E95.jpeg 4D2F4F45-E7AC-4F3D-843D-33CB2AE882EE.jpeg 81348D66-7786-4021-B957-DB51B55F775B.jpeg

as my Asian friend would say “that one rexy Rincoln “

worth a bunch I’m sure , sad it’s just sitting out in the open like that .

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Screw it,

ITS A DODGE !!!!

There ! I said it , ya happy? I know I am :p

'28phonebooth likes this.
  21. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

While that's not a Stude, Stude had a very similar cowl/w-s ~'24, on at least one of the car-series, although it could've been spl-order. Very funky-looking, & hard to describe the weird effect looking from the inside to the outside.
    Marcus...