Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

19(***SALE PENDING***) 60's S/W 5K "Chrysler Special" Mechanical Tach in a Chrome Cup

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Oct 24, 2021.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $135
    Here is a unique piece & I dare say you'll never see another. With the Mopar/Chrysler theme, this would be killer in conjunction with a period hemi. It appears to be a custom job, because I don't think that Stewart-Warner ever made a one of these that was mechanical. Also, the cup is a Sun unit, not a Stewart-Warner. Anyway, I did have this all apart to clean it, touch up the face & needle & replace the broken glass. Although it's far from perfect, the condition is very nice. The bezel does show some wear consistent with age, but there are no dings. The glass is clear & scratch free & the chrome on the cup & chrome mounting strap is quite brilliant & ding free. The old mounting base is one of those that can be put on a column or a flat surface. I did replace the crummy hardware that secures the actual tach to the cup & if you need to take the tach out of the cup for any reason, it is doable. In other words, the tach is not stuck in the cup. I did spin it with a drill motor & the needle rose to the occasion & returned to zero, nicely.

The price is plus shipping, which would be $15 to the lower 48. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work, as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.

Attached Files:

1Nimrod, kadillackid and big duece like this.
  2. fleetside66

fleetside66

Very reasonable price for all you get. There's a mount just like it on Ebay right now for $75...no gauge or cup.

3. fleetside66

fleetside66

With all of the old Hemis out there in HAMB land, this would be a great period piece.