Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods EVANS 8BA heads. FOUND INFO.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frames, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Frames

Frames

New Evans heads, not repros. Unable to find contact info on the net. HELP. 2020-05-31 08.13.48-3.jpg

hfh likes this.
  2. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

The heads you have are not the ones made by Earl Evans in CA, which would be the traditional Evans heads we are used to seeing. These heads were made by a CNC shop in Elburn IL and were made by a man named Ralph B. Evans. I don't have any phone numbers or email address for this shop but at least now you have a name and location where these heads came from.

X38 likes this.
  3. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

4. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Before the "original", Evans Speed Equipment closed a coupla years ago, they DID cast some flat head heads. I saw them in their unmachined state.

Exactly where and when they were sold (or even "if"), I do not know, But YES, current Evans heads do exist somewhere, that were cast from either original and or repaired molds. I saw those too before they were updated / repaired years ago.

Jimmy (Jaime), (as purchased from Gene Ohly the second owner) closed the original Evans Machine a couple of years back.

Mike

P.s. - Interesting, I just called the old Evans number. A recording (sounded like Jimmy) answered ! Will try tomorrow.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. 42merc

42merc

The Evans heads pictured, as far as I know were only sold on Ebay, probably a batch at a time.