Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Trunks are good for hiding presents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Hay, Dec 20, 2021.

1. 94824BA7-FFE7-41E2-825D-092965EAAB16.jpeg 5447DF4E-E49A-4115-8DB9-EB0320B9BD0B.jpeg Anyone else hide their kid’s gifts in the trunk of you rods n customs? Please don’t show this to my kids, by the way.

Cooon, loudbang, mgtstumpy and 15 others like this.
  2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I put the grandsons out in the camper but there's times I'd like to put him out there. Lol

loudbang, mgtstumpy, beegator and 8 others like this.
  3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep-- always hide gifts etc in trunk of 40 too. No one will find em as the keys are hidden too.

mgtstumpy, Stogy, dana barlow and 2 others like this.
  4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Oh that reminds me of 20 yrs ago.
    My wife was and is terrible about finding her presents. I finally found a good place. The trunk of my 74 Chevelle, my work car.
    Christmas Eve I pulled them out and placed them under the tree.
    Christmas and The New year past.
    It was July of that year that I was pulling out groceries for my wife. I literally found three missed presents in there. So I stuck them in the grocery bags and my wife had Christmas in July that year.

cfmvw, loudbang, Tim and 12 others like this.

5. das858

das858

I've been hiding my wife's Christmas presents in my hot rod truck and cars for at least 35 years , she doesn't go out in my shop in the winter . 20200430_123146.jpg

loudbang, mgtstumpy, Tim and 5 others like this.
  6. Good for hiding evidence also! HRP

7. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

8. I've done that and it works well. The last few years though I've taken to hiding them in our exercise room. No one seems to ever go in there at all. :cool:

hotrodjack33, vtx1800, X-cpe and 4 others like this.
  9. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I'm actually got stuff in my daily as we speak, stopped at the bar for one before heading home, and I'm gonna stick it all in the shoebox. Thanks for the idea fellas! My wife and kid are both terrified to touch the shoebox without asking. Perfect.... Lol

dana barlow, Stogy and Dan Hay like this.
  10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

"Time for a way back story">Car Trunks

Trunks an Christmas,an :eek: Cop's ,,,O-my
    Made me remember,the time just before Christmas of 1965.o_O
    My old high school buddy Rob Bean an I;; We both had got married earlyer in the year an both pretty broke.
    Tried to come up with a idea to each get our wife,that they would like cheap but look big?
    Some how we desided on getting them each a used bicycle,we took two bikes apart cleaned up and paint all the parts like new over a weeks time.
    Now we each have a big old box full of ,now kind of nice bike parts,I get the idea of?
    Why don't we box up an later wrap each boxed part=Now will look like a lot of presents,in sted of just one!
    Plus we'll put them together the next day!
    After all ,I work at a box factory an make sample box's for the salesmen to show customers,to help them get big orders for MEAD Box Board.
    So custom size boxs are free,if we go in an make them after work.
    That's what we did, Rob n I loaded up the trunk of my 54 Studebaker with parts and we went back to my work.
    Took a lot longer then we thought to make all the def size box's, each bike needed 2 wheel boxs,1 frame ,1 seat,1 handel bars,1 for the 2 pedals an 1 chain=7 custom boxs per bike. At this point all plan boxs and we'll Christmas wrap tomorrow.
    Got them done an loaded 14 boxs in to my Studebaker's back seat and trunk by about 1;30 AM. But too many an,can't close the trunk,so just rope it 1/2 way closed!
    Driving home in the early AM,we get pulled over by a Cop!
    What store did you guys rob??:oops:o_O
    Too him,all the new boxs looked like a big hall by crooks.
    We tell him,but he an't buying the story and calls for back up too,an then there 4 cops now for just two guys.
    After retelling the story over n over,one of the Copper's said,"I hear BS,>so if this is what you say!" Open a box. He picked a small box,and I opened up old set of used pedals!:D
    He was smart enough too see they were in fact used old bike pedals. At that point they all started LOL.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    loudbang, Petejoe, vtx1800 and 5 others like this.
  11. Yep, used that trick multiple times. :D

dana barlow and Stogy like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HHC2017d.JPG

:rolleyes:...A whole lots goodies for the Lil' & Bigger Kid's in this Stogyism...

Merry Ho Ho...:D

Credit to All That Inspired This

Dan Hay, ramblin dan and dana barlow like this.
  13. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing, Dan.
    I like that. :)

Stogy, dana barlow and Dan Hay like this.
  14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

my truck doesn't have a trunk but I have a present for my wife stashed in my daily that she never drives.

Stogy, dana barlow and Dan Hay like this.
  15. Just now saw you said not to show the kids. :oops: Sorry... I told Jack to act like he knows nothing and to be surprised on Christmas. :D

mgtstumpy, dana barlow and Dan Hay like this.
  16. When our children were small I did that also. Stopped when we had a bad ice storm and wasn't really sure Santa would be able to chip the trunk open at o dark thirty. Sure miss Christmas with the little ones, our youngest Grandson is 18.

cfmvw, Stogy, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  17. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

It makes my Elephant sneeze...

X-cpe and dana barlow like this.
  18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I can relate to that!

I have a storage or as we call it, a utility room at the end of the original carport. It used to house the washer and dryer, but it was a chore to haul clothes back and forth, so they got moved inside the house, leaving only the water heater out there. I have a 289/302 Ford engine on a rolling stand in there, a set of Corvette bucket seats, also keep my mig welder and my chainsaw under the table I put in there. It has a shelve on one wall, up about 5.5" off the floor, that is perfect to hide presents on. I have put together two or three riding toys, a bicycle or two, a basketball goal, and countless other toys on the table, right beside the carbs, valve covers, and air cleaners stacked up toward the back of it. The door drags, and I keep my ex office chair that no longer rolls shoved up against it. So far, in 35 years, no kid or wife ever found a present that was hidden in there, some in plain sight!

dana barlow and Stogy like this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Some how the only spot they haven’t figured out yet lol

dana barlow, guthriesmith and Stogy like this.
  20. yeah, that didnt work for me growing up, lol. My grandpa tired that, but I would always go to the garage to look at the cars when ever I went over and want to sit in the 33.

dana barlow, guthriesmith and Stogy like this.
  21. brando1956

brando1956

Just don't forget you put them there. Went Christmas shopping with my grandparents many years ago. They sent me to another part of the store while Gramp bought something. Later they bought other stuff, still at the same store. Gramp handed me the keys and asked me to take the bags out to the car. Opened the trunk and there is the big dartboard in a cabinet they just bought me!

22. Rockchip

Rockchip

The trunk space of a '38 Chevrolet coupe is spacious and served as lockable hiding space in our garage for many years when there were curious little ones around. All these years I thought I was the only one that did that.

Dan Hay likes this.
  23. lake_harley

lake_harley