Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 3 Window 32 rear glass removal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rramjet1, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Rramjet1

Rramjet1

Anyone ever remove the rear glass on an original 32 three window? The car is already built but the glass has some delamination. Windshield also has some pitting after 20k miles and planning to have both done at the same time.

2. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm looking at the exact opposite! Fitting the glass to a Brookville body that's never had glass installed. It looks to me that the entire unit requires removal from the body (there's not much holding it in) and then the drain pan removing, but that's nailed, not screwed to the wooden frame. Im currently stumped on how to install the two screws at the sides of the window aperture into the body. Theses are really the main mountings and are behind the fuzzy chanel, but it looks like that chanel wants to be installed before the glass. Hmm. Maybe they'll slide in after the unit is installed? Kinda embarrassing to ask about this as it seems so basic in the overall scheme of building a car!!

Edit. I've just taken another look at mine and its clear that the frame unit is attached to the roof bows and would also be buried in headlining, so removing as a unit seems unlikely. But I think the route will be to unscrew the wooden panel that carries the winder mechanism. I suspect the mechanism plus the glass will come out and go in that way. In a stock application that'll be below the glass and above the seat top. Will probably resolve my side screw query too! I'll take a further look later.

Chris

3. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

I installed the rear glass in my Brookville just as you described I removed the lower wood with the regulator installed on it & the 2-side small piece's also to access the opening I then put the I then put the glass installed in the window channel in & the window fuzzies Lubed the regulator & reinstalled the window works well You can PM me I believe I have picture's I can send you Ron

Fordors likes this.
  4. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Update.
    Remove garnish.
    Remove 6 screws in panel.
    Probably easier to remove the 2 smallblocks on each side too.
    Rotate panel top inward ( bottom has a bevel) to remove.
    Assuming stock and Brookville are similar.

Useless info without pics??

20211220_145808.jpg

20211220_145826.jpg

20211220_145831.jpg

Chris

Kiwi 4d, Almostdone and Fordors like this.

5. Rramjet1

Rramjet1

Wow thanks. Bigger job than I thought. My car is already upholstered as well.