Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>>> 12/17/21 FRIDAY ART SHOW <<<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Sorry, it is old like me!

Stogy and catdad49 like this.
  2. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Davkin
    Always impressed with realy good water colors. seems like a tough media to do detail with.

Jigger, Stogy, robber and 2 others like this.
  3. It's an unforgiving son-of-a-bitch, 19th century throwback medium and everything about it is labour intensive. It's so good to see mastery like Davkin's. Truly beautiful use of a real unforgiving medium.

4. Stogy, you are a little way off my intent, but I like your angle lol.
    I'm not sure of the date, but it's pretty old. It's from a painting in Cheverny chateau.
    I like what I perceive to be the way it may convey a dude's love for his 'ride'. Think Jim Potter or Andy Southard or Eric Rickman, with a surreal twist.

5. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Thanks. However I don't use the medium in a traditional way, I use it very loose and sketchy, it really doesn't take much talent to use it the way I do, just a little courage and "devil may care" attitude. Now, if I was a realist painter it would be very challenging, so much so I'm sure I'd use a different medium. lol

6. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Mastery? More like haphazard splashing around. lol As for labor intensive, not the way I use it. The application of color in these small sketches usually takes 15 minutes or less. I prefer play over labor so I try to keep it simple and fun.

7. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

8. that's how I feel about my scratch,...try not to be too precise ,...lots easier to do and whole lot more fun.

Lil32, Jigger, 51pontiac and 3 others like this.
  9. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

I just noticed your note to me in your post, thanks. I've always enjoyed your sketches as well, they are fun but at the same time tell a story.
    I'll admit I'm not super serious about art. While I always strive to improve I try to not get too hung up on it. While it can be challenging and even occasionally frustrating if it wasn't fun overall I wouldn't do it.
    One of the reasons I'm doing these loose sketches right now (almost daily) is I'm trying to build my skills up to get back to sketching live at car shows, been years since I last did that.

Lil32, Jigger, 51pontiac and 3 others like this.
  10. Last drive before entering US Army in April of 1969!

Attached Files:

catdad49, Lil32 and Stogy like this.
  11. Color me embarrassed! I was so busy hot rodding yesterday that I forgot it was friday. Good assortment fellows. Thank you.

robber, Lil32, Jigger and 1 other person like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20211218_151242.jpg

:rolleyes:...I just converted the .pdf to a .jpg on behalf of @2bubbas...right clic and save as image and use in lieu of .pdf...

I will pm you a copy...;)

Thank you for your service...

13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  14. Clean and Green - ART
    [​IMG]

2bubbas, oldsjoe, Okie Pete and 4 others like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hamb-Christmas_2017.jpg

:rolleyes:...The only time a Hotrod ever becomes a Sled...Soooo, Santa borrowed the Ole Hotrod to make a few tree deliveries to make sure all is functioning well prior to the up and coming big day...

Credit to All that Inspired this

Jigger, oldsjoe, catdad49 and 5 others like this.
  16. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

B71CC990-8674-4B88-A87D-4A6B45EE60DF.jpeg Something my SIL asked me to make for him

lucky ink, ebs121781, oldsjoe and 7 others like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gearhead HAMBurger...Love It...Beats eating Glass or does it...:eek:

I knew a fella that chewed glass usually in conjunction with beer...plenty of it...that always dropped a few jaws...I seriously don't recommend it...Truth be told most of us have eaten a pound of metal grindings in our life so far and that's definitely not the low cal diet that will trim our waistline by any stretch of our waistline...:p

Okie Pete whats a SIL?...Stogy doesn't get out much...:D

Let me guess...Silly Inlaw...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    catdad49 and Okie Pete like this.
  18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Son in law , he had seen a picture of one on the internet and asked me to make one for him .

catdad49, 41 GMC K-18 and Stogy like this.