Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1940 Buick rear seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bangingoldtin, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Hey gang,
    I have been scrounging and searching for awhile, with no luck. Trying to find a rear seat for a 40 Buick Super Coupe model 56s, which is a C body. The coupe has a solid back, and 4 door cars are split. I think the Cadillac series 62 is the same. Anybody out there got one they can take pictures and dimensions of so maybe I can modify something similar?

2. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

My 39 Pontiac (model 26) is the big body same as yours? I used the back seat out of a 97 Grand Prix, the top fit as is and bottom worked too with some work. I took about 8 inch out of the rear for more leg room. I cut the steel frame and foam them fold the fabric over and hog ring it.

3. Thanks, but I think the 40 was the first year for this body, and is wider. I also want to stay with the original coil spring design and pre 64. I am currently trying to modify a seat out of a 47 Buick that is 7 inches too narrow. The body measures 56 inches at the top and 58 at the bottom for the seat back.