Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods retirement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Dec 3, 2021.

1. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I agree about the stress.
    I retired 2 months before my 60th birthday.
    Best thing I ever did.
    All the neck and shoulder pain as well as the headaches from stress is all gone.
    As has been said,stress will kill you.
    Enjoy your retirement!

2. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

Go to bed when you want, get up when you want, do what you want, go where you want, finish that project, start a new project etc. Every day is a Saturday.
    Enjoy !!!!!!

3. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Retirement, doing what I want, when I want, as long as SWMBO says I can...

It's not that bad, tho

4. steveareno

steveareno

I tell people that right now, I have the Trifecta of time, wealth and health.
    I am sure that that you will enjoy every day as a "free-range human"!
    Congrats.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Again, congratulations. 2yrs ago for me @ 60 (Compulsory). I was fortunate to have completed a trade before a career change so I can still keep playing with my cars. I do miss some of the people and the work and still haven't worked my way through the list of 'Things to do'.;) Develop a plan and go for it, places to go and see, things to do etc!
    Every day is 'Choose day', you choose what to do when you wake up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Congrats to you! I have always heard that line up above that you'll be busier when you retire than when you were working! I hope thats true, but on your own stuff!

I'm dipping my foot in the retirement pool in 3 days. Way, way, too young...but I'm doing it anyways.

CHEERS to you!!!

7. phat rat

phat rat

It'll be 16 yrs the end of Jan. I've never for a minute regretted it.

mgtstumpy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. gene-koning

gene-koning

Man, I've had a busy day! I got up about 7:30, had breakfast did a little reading, and went out to the garage around 9. My son came by and made me work on his car with him. We worked until noon and took an hour lunch break. We were back working on his car by 1, then about 2:30, he had to go after some parts. That was the end of my day, I closed up the shop and went in the house and took a nap.

He called me a little while ago, he wants me to work with him on Thursday as well. MAN! Two days in one week? This retirement stuff is tough. Gene

9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Congratulations on retirement! I can tell there are people here that have retired, based on their advice! Most good! I retired 10 years ago and love it, all except that it does enhance my procrastination because every day is a Saturday! Lol:D

Bones

10. Good for you. I pulled the trigger at 61 and will be 79 in March next. Almost 18 years and I have never looked back. When I was working I wanted to be building hot rods and that's what I've been doing. Started a new bucket list build in May of this year (off-topic '66 Corvair mid-engine 383, 5 speed, Vette suspension all around - almost on wheels). I'm still excited about pushing my envelope. Here's hoping you are looking forward to the same.

11. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I'll procrastinate when I get around to it...

Boneyard51 and mgtstumpy like this.
  12. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

If you look up “procrastinator “ in the Webster’s dictionary……it has my picture!

Bones

Dave G in Gansevoort likes this.
  13. phat rat

phat rat

That's me in the background

Boneyard51 likes this.