Register now to get rid of these ads!

The wagon met an Acura and didn't get lubed up first

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57wagon, Aug 22, 2006.

1. 57wagon

57wagon

So last Thursday night I was awoken by one of Kenosha County finest.. Asking me if this was my car... I looked out the door to the sight of three squad cars behind my wagon, and a 90 something Acura infront of it.

Went outside and noticed that the side from the rear door to the front was not in it's intended God Given Position.... WTF???? This 20 something year old kid was driving home from his part time job at midnight, claims to have swerved to miss a raccoon, and spun out of control.. Unfortunatley for the wagon, it cushioned his impact into the curb, but left some serious scars on the car. Luckily one of the neighbors heard the screech, looked out of her window and watched him crash, then spin another two times before resting against the curb.. She called the cops then ran outside.

Cops get there, ask him for his information,, and come to find out he dosen't have a drivers license, or insurance........ He got plenty of tickets, but in Sconsin it's not against the law to drive with no insurance... He just had to wait for his dad to pick him up in the More-Door Mercedes.... Got the police report today,and after work I am going to take it to a few places for estimates, then contact him and see what he is going to do.. Yep, 100% his fault, but I'll probably need to get an attorney and take him to court for a judgment, which really isn't worth the paper it is written on until he pays....

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One good cool thing is that this picture on the Czar board was posted about the same time I was uploading these.. Kind of made me feel good this morning, and gave me more motivation to get it fixed...

[​IMG]

2. Everyone all right?

3. 66gmc

66gmc

sure hope the dumbass pays up.
    sorry to here about the car, it still looks bitchin though even with the dent lol.

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Jeez man. Why is it that idiots are attracted to cool old cars like bugs to a light? :rolleyes: Every now and then you hear about a Deuce getting run over or a kid trying to drive through someone's Studebaker.

That sucks, bud. Hope you're able to get it fixed to your standards. :eek:

5. 57wagon

57wagon

Yeah no one got hurt, the car was parked on the side of the road, and he didn't get a scratch. I'm glad for that, I can rebuild the car, but it will take cash.. One thing that is slightly lacking right now :)

6. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

The thing in Wisconsin is that he won't be able to ever get his license back until he pays you.

Try Hessefort's over on Roosevelt for an estimate, and that place on 63rd St just east of 22nd Ave.... that place that does all of the muscle cars......

7. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Ouch . . . what a waste. Maybe the kid was having flashbacks to "something cool I saw in a movie" or maybe "what I done on a video game last night". Jeez. I think a real drivers test should be given to people nowadays . . . I could careless if you can parallel park, but could you figure out that your 3000 lb. car can't negotiate a curve in a subdivision at 30+ over the speed limit. Unfortunately some of these fearless heros end up in the obits and get little candle lit memorials . . . a great way to celebrate youth . . .

Ok . . . enough of my rant. :)

8. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

That is one of the greatest things Ive ever heard. Why cant it be like that everywhere???....I live in Ca. in a farm workers town so the population come and go's with the season. But all these people dont have insurance and a D.L. hell most dont even have green cards.....It sucks when you get in an accident with them. You NEVER get anything back.
    Im glad you got things figured out and the car will make a come back.

9. Dang, that sucks.

Since this guy didn't have a driver's licence in the first place, I doubt he cares.

10. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

He didn't have one!:mad:
    Did you have a place to park your car off the street? It sucks when you can't. It seems that shitty drivers are attracted to older cars not the new econoboxes probably parked up and down the street. Sorry man. -stick

11. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

If he's living with his parents, and they're still claiming him on their taxes, he's their dependant. My parents claimed me until I was 24, because I was a college student...even though I paid my own health insurance, auto insurance and tuition. I lived at their place, and they claimed me on their taxes. If that's the case with dumb ass here, go after Daddy. Homeowner's insurance is a great thing.

-Brad

12. 57wagon

57wagon

I did hear that from one of my city worker buddies... Tonight I am taking it over to JC Classic's he does a lot of restoratoins,, also Pulera and JB if I have time,, I forgot about Hessefort's I'll get as many as I can and give him the three highest.. See how much his dad is willing to pay for his son to have his license :) I'd love to get it back on the road for the pileup, but that may be pushing it if he dosen't cough up some cash...

13. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

I believe Wisconsin is one of the only states left that do not require insurance to get tags/plates on your car. Because of this, you cannot get your license or even register a car if you are at fault in an accident and have caused damage to property or other vehichle(s). And it is a huge pain in the ass to get cleared once you have paid off the money for any damages incurred. I found out the hard way. :(

14. Appleseed

Appleseed

Fuck Sconsin (respect to lawfull citizens)! That no insurance thing is a mess. I'm a fool for living this close to the boarder and not having a "no insurance clause" on my policy. Thanks for the reality check.

15. Squablow

Squablow

Hey man, that sucks bad.

I've got a good useable front door for your wagon, and I'm just up the road from you. No charge, just come and get it. You should be able to straighten out you front fender good enough to use, and with a replacement door, at least it'll be driveable until you get a chance to paint it.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help, got a few more '57 pieces laying around.

16. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

DAMN man, that car is f'ed :( what the hell is it with all these tools crashing into parked and trailered cars? It seems like every week jackasses are having their cars swiped, crashed, keyed, scraped, etc. by neighbors, uninsured kids, and illegal aliens with no insurance? :confused: The whole system is f'ed and needs to be revamped, like that will ever happen!

17. 57wagon

57wagon

Man that would be AWESOME!!! I'll let you know, if the "doctor" tonight says that there is no major structural damage, I may take you up on that!!!

Thanks a TON!!!!!!!!

18. keith089

keith089

An Acura did all that. I hope the acura is fked up. It should have totaled it. Good luck

19. Tiki God

Tiki God

20. KCsledz

KCsledz

From one wagon owner to another I express my deepest condolences. Now get it fixed! They are happier on the road!

21. Squablow

Squablow

Sure, no sweat. There's no guts in it, but it's a pretty decent shell, real nice on the bottom and pretty straight except for one flaked off mud spot at the bottom. And it looks like your glass and stuff is still good, so you should be in good shape. I got the door from Clssy56 when I bought his 265 so you can thank him for it, glad it is going to good use.

At least then you can drive the car yet, would suck to be without the car all because of some douchebag kid.

Attached Files:

22. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Here we go again, second one in so many days. I don't park anything on the street that I don't want stolen. That car wouldn't last over night here. You have to park it in the drive or behind a gate. Sorry to hear this happened to another great car.:(

23. 57wagon

57wagon

Well, two of the three body shops wouldn't touch it because it was to old or something like that.. Paul from JC classics was awesome though, crawled around the car got two sheets of legal papaer filled up with notes and is going to beging pricing the parts up over the next day or so.

His best "guesstimate" to the estimate is between $5000 and $6500 A-Pilar is gone, and will have to be replaced, firewall is crunched a bit, as well as the front of the floor board, both rims got tweaked one from this guys car, and the other from the curb when it slid into it.... White walls are scraped beyond repair, although I just bought them before the Lone Star Roundup and got the cool guy scuff the whitewall insurance with them :)

I think there is one or two more "classic" bodyshops around here to get a real estimate from then it's off to the attorney and see what he can come up with.

24. If you need another lower cowl section with the hinge mount, I can get one, might have some rot at the very bottom but I'd cut it small enough to ship cheap and do it for my cost, which won't be much since where I'd get it I have to go back anyways to put wheels on the Pontiac I bought today -

25. 57wagon

57wagon

If possible it looks like I will be needing the entire A-Arm from the roof to part way to the lower sill,,, for that matter part of the sill would be good too :)

26. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Keep in mind guys that shipping is a portion of the repair costs. You won't be saving HIM any money, you'll be saving dumb ass's dad the green.
    -Brad

27. Going by memory, the one wagon shell up there may have some sill left to it, I know it's pretty bare - no doors, fenders, glass left. There's at least 4 of them to pick from, although I'd hate to cut into a tudor. One '57 Pontiac 4dr hardtop that still has enough rockers left the back doors haven't fallen off, too.

it might be a week before I get back up there, if you find another one or a better one go ahead, but if not I'll PM you day before and it's not a big deal to fire up the generator and saw one off -

Hmm, well if money is no option... But seriously. I figure odds are this'll have to be out of pocket, but I can make a nice reciept with a fat handling charge on there (oversize, box fabrication needed, etc.) to go with it.

28. 57wagon

57wagon

:D Sweet!!! The estimate will be for all new parts, but the guy that I am working with is pretty cool, and after the lawyers get thier blood bath done,,, he said that if we can find parts cheaper that I am alright with using the extra goes back into my pocket.

But being that it is more than likely going to have to go to court, and if I want it back on the road sooner, it will have to come out of my pocket first.

29. sawzall

sawzall

this is unfreaking believeable..

my 47.. now your 57.. what the hell.. so sorry to see this.

maybe the idiot that hit your car knows english?

30. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

For the betterment of mankind, do this now! Go to the local hardware
    store and purchase a length of 1/2-3/4" rope. Next, locate a tall, strong
    tree, oak is a good choice. Now go find said driver of Jap sedan and invite
    him to a party (neck tie), to be held in his honor!

Sorry to hear 'bout your bent Chevrolet.

Swankey Devils C.C.