Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 35 Chevy Standard

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rcb, Dec 15, 2021.

1. rcb

rcb

Greetings All ! Have a friend with a 35 Chevy Standard who is willing to sell it to me. The car is out of state so pics are hard to come by at the moment. He parked it in 1962 in a garage and it hasn't moved since. Car is very original and solid, surface rust on body panels, so obviously needs paint and all mechanicals freshened up. We are trying to determine a fair market value. Anyone have any insight on range of value ?
    Thanks...
    Bob

2. $100- $100,00
    Price is determined on making both parties happy !

3. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES.

lothiandon1940, BJR and mgtstumpy like this.
  4. Robbie Horn

Robbie Horn
    from Axtell

First thing I would want to know is what condition the wood is in?

lothiandon1940, Dan Hay, BJR and 3 others like this.

5. love to see photos!

6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Way too little info...for example: a coupe or a roadster is worth way more than a 4 door sedan...and pickup or a 2 door would fall somewhere in between.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

8. rcb

rcb

Sorry, 2 dr coupe. Pics not available now, car was a driver until parked in 62. Owner states he drove it in high school until he parked for college. Car is a tired, all solid original needing complete resto. I was hoping to get a range of value before I drive 1000 miles to pick up. Again, I'm assuming a barn fresh, tired original. From what I see for sale, decent painted originals with some upgrades go in the 20's. This is a friend, so I want to be fair, I'm thinking 3500-7500 ? He hasn't seen it in years, so we just want to get a range of value based on his memory of condition and reasonable assumption of condition.

9. Budget36

Budget36

Look at those guides that rate old cars NADA maybe? Etc, printout what the guide says. As an old friend I assume you trust him , if so and he is reasonably close to the vehicle, have him take the “guide” and rate it on the scale to set a value. I/e he feels it’s a #4 car. He says # 4 car value is stars at X$. If you’re comfortable with the price meet up and work a deal. Now he might think it’s a #2 Car and you may soon realize it’s going to be priced out of the range you were looking at.
    Many here will tell you that you can’t be both the buyer and the seller, if he contacted you then he should toss out a price. If you contacted him out of the blue, then you need to do some homework as well as be a “partial seller”.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

My 35 tub (Standard) was a barn find located in 1979 and bought by a restorer in 1986. My wood was in excellent condition bar a couple of pieces that were replaced. It went off the road in 1965 and was complete, albeit in pieces, when I purchased it in 1999. It's been on the road now for over 15yrs. In saying that, without looking at the car in detail, it's only speculation as to condition, pricing etc.
    . 35.1.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. rcb

rcb

He and I both live in Pennsylvania, the car is out past Chicago. I did print the NADA out for him. If I remember, the NADA shows a car that is original and in driving condition, needing minor cosmetic repairs is valued @ 5,000.
    That's how I came up with the 3500-7500 range. Again, the car could be completely toast and motor locked up... I'm just trying to price with his assessment of condition.

12. I'm sure that you are excited right now at the possibility of buying this car, but until you set eyes on it (and your friend as well!) there's simply no way you, him or any of us can reasonably come up with a legitimate price. Sorry.

13. ........This is troubling. Does he even know for sure that the car is still where it is stored? Inside, outside, in a leaky shed, in a dry garage?:eek:

lothianwilly71 and Budget36 like this.