Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jim Casey, Dec 14, 2021.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

Hot Rod Coupes RULE

Lil32 and Jim Casey like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

I'm building a T touring and have the car registered with the number on the side of the original block. That car won't use that block, but I'm going to stick the bare block in the corner of the garage forever so nobody else will use the number. If I ever get called on it I can at least show them that I have the original engine in my possession.

3. Lil32

Lil32

welcome from Aussie

Jim Casey likes this.
  4. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Cool car and welcome to the HAMB. Read that book and keep the original frame, just modify as it says in the book.. It'll save yo a ton of headaches. Tardel has other good book too including a step by step, with pics, for putting a V8 in one.

Jim Casey likes this.
  5. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Welcome to the HAMB-- Don't let everyones opinion scare you, we're actually a pretty good bunch. That is solid advice about the books. It appears you've got a few followers of your build, my self included, out of curiosity, what are you intending to do to that very pretty coupe? It could be built any number of ways and if the body is as solid as it appears, you've got a good advantage. Good luck and please keep us posted. Bill Rinaldi

Jim Casey and pprather like this.
  6. Jim Casey

Jim Casey

Thanks Bill for the welcome. The body is really very solid. Just needs a couple old repairs redone. I am definitely going to keep the body stock with full fenders and running boards. After reading all the great suggestions from all. I’ve decided to purchase a new chassis. I had a person make me a very nice offer for the original chassis and complete drive train. It made the decision much easier. Jim

7. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

Hmmm... '40 steel wheels, bigs 'n' littles, dropped axle, souped flat V-8, black fenders, full tank of fuel... you're set! Welcome aboard!

8. Jim Casey

Jim Casey

Sounds good. Thanks for the welcome