Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 53 customline

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ferdyeight, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Also ordered parts for my center console, and for the interior lamps. I need to find some interior lamps for the back or a dome light or something. Also gotta find a set of headliner bows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, loudbang and MUNDSTER like this.
  2. Passenger floor board cut out. Gotta fit the patch in better, and then start rolling a piece for the trans tunnel. I also stripped and re sealed the rain gutters on the car this evening. Waiting on parts to show up so I can continue moving towards driving it daily again. .pending-1619139874-20210415_180326~2.jpeg 20210415_180350.jpeg 20210415_180354.jpeg

3. Passenger floor is done. But because I'm an idiot I didn't drill the holes for the body mount bolts. 20210420_173920.jpeg 20210420_173926.jpeg

4. Took the shop dog for a cruise around the block.. first time the car has been driven in a few months. Found out I dont have brake lights anymore for some reason, so I'm adding a new master cylinder and brake light switch to the "to do" list Resized_20210409_181610.jpeg

5. Last piece of the floor is in and done. Carpet is ordered. 20210518_151903.jpeg

6. 20210627_125035.jpg out and about with the new tires. Has a vibration in the rear end I think is the u joint running flat. Hoping to have the new rear end ready to put in within the next couple months. It's now my only car..

7. 20210721_165146.jpg new radiator and fan goin in today. She was running hotter than I was comfortable with..

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  8. evintho

evintho

That oughta keep her cool! Nice job!

Ferdyeight and loudbang like this.
  9. Thank you! I drove through town the other day and it got up around 225, so it's getting all the new goodies. I gotta figure out which way I want to run a thermostatic fan switch, and get a couple new radiator hoses for it today as well as making new spacers for the radiator. Also I dropped the 8.8 rear end off at the local shop to have new bearings pressed in and have the pinion and third member checked out. Should be able to get that in within the next few weeks... then maybe it's time to try to drive it the 90 miles to a friend's house for a shakedown..

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  10. Still workin on it slowly but surely. Had some minor electrical issues, and had to sidetrack myself and rebuild the ignition system and entire fuel system in my 78 f250 so we can start on the landscaping. 20211103_155153.jpg

11. Well: took the car to run to the hardware store and got hit at a stop light by a kid who "thought he could squeeze through".... only minor damage to the car, tweaked bumper and chipped the paint off the quarter panel. Now my insurance is saying my vehicle is not covered for collision damage on my policy. So I suppose it's up to me to fix this on my own dime. 20211115_163400.jpg 20211115_163400.jpg 20211115_163400.jpg 20211115_160926.jpg

12. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

No way, call HIS insurance company. I never deal with my insurance when someone else hits me. That's why THEY have insurance

13. Both of us are insured by geico. So it works out that we have the same insurance company. I spent 5 hours on the phone trying to straighten everything out, and im waiting for them to get back to me.

14. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

still, you can file a claim o. His insurance, not on yours. My wife was hit recently, i didn't even talk to our insurance, filed a claim with his, handled 100% +rental car

15. Yep, I have had a few situations where I had no need to even contact my insurance company if it was someone else’s fault. Good luck and I hope they get it worked out for you.

16. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Theyre gonna be turds about it cause its them on both ends but the reality is, the kid had insurance, he hit someone, thats why we are forced to have it, your company needs to pay out...even if you just use the money for a tri power setup and fix the dent yourself haha

17. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Why do a procedure for so little!? the car has nothing!

18. 20211212_122025.jpg before polishing
    20211212_135307.jpg 20211212_135327.jpg
    After a little blue magic metal polish, disassembling all the pivot points and greasing em, and putting back together. Soon I'll be rebuilding the heater assembly and it will have a heater for the first time in almost 20 years.

19. IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0252.JPG couple throwback pics to when the car was brown the first time I had it.

20. 20211212_152609.jpg and last, my collection of Canadian only 1953 Meteor tail lights. From what I understand, Canadian ford cars from 51-54 had a separate line of vehicles called "meteor" cars. Completely separate from mercury meteors, or ford meteor. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I have seen ads for "1953 meteor customline" on ebay and similar models advertised as meteors

21. You can also see my thread on a lincoln premiere steering column I started a week or so back. I got wheel studs for the 8.8 I was building for the car, so the plan at the moment is to finish out the rear end, get an aluminum driveshaft ordered up, have my 53 sunliner gauges rebuilt 20211212_153322.jpg and converted to 12v, do the meteor tail light conversion, possibly 56 ford headlight buckets and brows, custom grille, and call scotts hot rods in knoxville for one of their air bag front clips with power rack and pinion so the girlfriend can feel comfortable driving it, seat belts, and a gambino triangulated 4 Link in the rear. Along with re wiring, and getting this darn heater in and workin. Wish me luck.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  22. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

The heater rebuild is not too bad. I did mine last year.

Speaking of the Canadian '53 Meteor have you see the grill on one of those? They are really cool. I'd love to have one.

23. Whered you get all the gaskets and such for the heater if you don't mind me asking? I know shoebox central has the motor and the ducts for it, but i haven't found the seals for the firewall yet.. and I need to locate a good (hopefully new) set of cables to go to the flapper vents in the hood hinge assemblies.

I have been looking for a meteor grille for a while now. I'd love to have one for my car as well, but meteor parts are incredibly hard to find here. I have had to resort to that online auction site and buying parts out of Canada. I also got the chrome trunk trim off a meteor, and it's a lot bigger than the ford piece.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. Also an update on insurance: I've tried 6 or 7 times to talk to geico about having the damage looked at, and have been back and forth for a month. They denied the claim due to what they call "non compliance" by the other party. The gentleman that hit me refuses to answer their phone calls so there is only one side of the story which is mine. The insurance company accused me of trying to do insurance fraud until I pointed out I have the documentation to prove I was hit, who hit me, and how it happened. The claims supervisor is supposedly going to send someone out to physically knock on the door of the person and attempt to get their side of the story, but in the end all he has to say is "I don't know what you're talking about" and the claim will be dismissed. Lesson learned for me.. If you get in a minor traffic accident, you have to file a police report, get a photo of who hit you physically next to the damage, and ensure they call their insurance on the spot and admit fault. A lesson in humanity and other folks ethics learned the hard way.

chryslerfan55 and 54delray like this.
  25. connielu

connielu
    1. A-D Truckers

BTW, black pinstriping tape works amazingly well when refurbishing between the ribs on those Falcon consoles.

[​IMG]

brEad and Ferdyeight like this.