Register now to get rid of these ads!

check out this LOWRIDER,,,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., Aug 21, 2006.

1. But why? I believe the "hot rod rake" is inspired by drag racers trying to get better weight transfer, ma even be better for handling. What benefit comes from the front being higher? What are the origins of this?

2. mikes51

mikes51

Looks clean. In the last pic the white roll & pleats really look good. The new paint must really bring the interior out, I never noticed the upholstery in the old paint scheme pics.

3. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Lowriders came from Customs...

Customs almost always had their ass planted.

Some say this was to mimic the flowing lines of a boat coming out of the water at speed.

4. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Look pretty good. I think It would look better with copper flake and flames.

:)

5. Mojo

Mojo

What about some 14" deep offset cragars? That was the classic lowrider wheel, I think it would look sweet on that.

6. Chopper Demon

Chopper Demon

7. volken65

volken65

Looks sweet... butt

I agree with Mojo, how would it look with cragars?

I think your a little confused on the weight transfer issue, but maybe you should ask on your own thread...

8. knuckle

knuckle
    from Missery

Man, that looks good..........now change it back.

9. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

I hear that!.....or maybe some Tru-Spokes would be cool too.
    Dont forget about the 5.20's

10. Sammy,

Looks real clean man....I dig it....keep thinking on the wheels

11. Bazooka

Bazooka

Man i just seen the before pictures for the first time. That thing was the cats ass. tottaly bitchin....looks clean now but before that thing was bad ass

still good work it looks good.

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I agree.

14. lgh1157

lgh1157

I was shocked when i found out the car was gonna be painted.

I like the new paint - i love the old paint

But, it kinda makes the old paint job even cooler - yah know ?

Like people will be searching for pics of it online in years to come - shit i know if heard about it in a few years i would be

Maybe that paint job was a legend :D ?

L

15. Anderson

Anderson

very cool.

In 60 or 70 years someone is going to find it in a barn and there's going to be an argument over which version to restore it to.

16. I no longer have the "hamb" attention span I once did where I can read every post in a thread....so I guess I apologize if I am being redundant...but man...Butt....I had faith in you.
    I knew whatever you had planned was going to be cool.
    I like it.....I like it a lot.

I'm not sure about the teeny tiny wheels though.....but that's just me.
    Congrats.

17. Tacos, Tortas and Burritos make me thoughtful…

No matter what paint job, wrong wheels. Too small for the wheel wells.

As an aside, when I was visiting a Viper Brother (Vipers can be found everywhere) in Arkansas last spring, I noticed that the Spanish language newspaper was four times thicker than any English language one. My Brother says that Tyson Foods is turning Arkansas into a giant barrio. Ricky went to school in Norwalk CA, so lowriders are cool with him, BTW.

But back to the wheels, it ain't that they're wires, they're so puny, that's the problem. Scale and proportion are just as important as stance. Think of a fat lady with tiny feet in ballet slippers. Hmmmmm…

Maybe I just need to eat more Comida Mexicano, but I doubt it's gonna help me to see it.

Respectfully (Really, Sammy)

Chili Phil

18. JamesG

JamesG

It does look clean......................................

19. Squablow

Squablow

I dunno, if you're gonna do wires, you gotta do 14"s with too-narrow whitewalls on them so they kinda balloon out, that's what lowriders have. I've never seen a lowrider with 15" wheels and 235/75 sized tires.

And I disagree on the Cragars. Maybe in Cali Cragars are lowrider wheels, but around here, that's what comes on jacked up Camaros and Chevelles, 6" on the front and 10" on the back with raised white letter tires on them. Those or Keystones if it's been around awhile.

20. Eryk

Eryk

You're kidding, right?

Arguably, the most famous lowrider in the world...

:Gasp:Are those Cragars?:eek:

21. Gator

Gator

Nice brother, all it needs are a few airbrushed Luchadores on the hood and trunk - LOL!

22. Orale, Butto Libre…

23. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

apenglish64 likes this.
  24. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Dat ain't no stinkin low rider!:D Looking good vato!:cool:

25. Dandingo

Dandingo

Man I think that thing looks way more bitchin' with the other wheels/www on it. I'd say go back to what it was but it's your ride....

26. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

guys,,its like this,,i am on dial up,,(haha),,but before those pics were even done downloading,i had the car jacked up and swaping the WWW's and steelies back on,,,

,,,,not cuz they (the wires)dont work,it looks really cool with them(WWW's) back on it,,but,,I LOVE the 13X7's with skinny whites,,,,i guess its just cuz of the area i was born and raised,,,but even back there where i was raised in MY era in the center of it,,some people still dont get it,,,haha,,,.
    ...but to me,,a 11 ,12 or 15 year old kid walking down the street either to school or over to a homies pad,,,and then turning around cuz you hear some car coming up on you playing either "more bounce to the ounce" or cutie pie" rolling up on you in a fresh ass regal with switches,,or a 66 impala or a 64 SS impala with switches(hitting the switches for the kids),,or a slammed BOMBA slowy dancing by playing some old ass oldie like angel baby,,,or ??? man dont get me wrong,,the town i grew up in was as diverse as the magazine rack at Barnes & Noble as far as car culture goes..,,but a real fuckin lowrider creeping up on you,for me was the shit ....

..i am well aware that the majority of civilization hates the tiny winy lil knock off wheels,,and i am well aware that alot of people hate red&white tri five chevys and i am well aware that many people hate "lowriders",,,,i have been into cars and going to car shows before i could even walk or talk,,,

,,,but i am just weird,,when things get STAGNET,,,cant a fella shake it up some,,,hahhaha,,,,before i even REDID this car ,,my GOAL was NOT to try and outdo the old car as far as attention getting or stlye is concerened,,,that was actually the furthest thing from my objective,,,

some people have been tripping over why i decided to do this to my car,,,but what they dont realize is that i can have 3 or 4 different cars now depending on what wheels i bolt on ,,,i might have the 100 spokes one day and the WWW's on the next,set of american mags with slicks,,or even 24"s! hahhaa,probably not the last ones,,but with the other paint job i was so limited,,

27. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

you still have the Astros too?

28. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

no,,,sold them to finance the WWW's and spider caps...

oh yeah,,i tried a set of crager SS/T's(spokes) before i even bought the supremes,,but they wouldnt fit over the disc brake conversion,,they wouldnt clear the new rotors,,,so they have been on my uncles old school stlye 54 bomb he is building,,,(it is going to be pretty FIRME!)

29. Squablow

Squablow

THAT I would like to see a picture of!

30. rebstew187

rebstew187

I agree..looked nice before..but to each thier own