Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Some thoughts on the upcoming year.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Lil32

Lil32

we are retired and wish to stay safe
    like mgtstumpy we want to continue our regular trips to USA
    Govt cancelled our 2 month trip in 2020 due to covid around the World
    Airline has $2000 of our money, having trouble getting it back
    Airline prices have skyrocketed
    anyway all the Best to Hambers in 2022

2. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of the crumb snatcher! Just a clue for you here... your days will be getting looonger, your nights will get shrtr, you will be sleep deprived, and you'll be relying on your employees even more as you go through your days in a zombie-like state! Your nerves will be frayed, and your ass will be dragging. But... It'll be great!! Kids can be a real blessing. Just start him out right: get him a set of tools, hot rod magazines, and christen him with 10W-40, and you're off to a good start! Build memories and car together.

3. goldmountain

goldmountain

Deuce Days is happening in 2022 and my car is coming along nicely so if there is a highway connecting me to it, I plan to be there.

4. Business as usual here. Been living the normal life this whole time. Plan on Helping Chick run her roadster at Speedweek and working on mine.

5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Get the 56 project rolling with my son. Drive the pants off my coupe and attend Deuce Days in Victoria in July. Quality time with the fam and like one of the boys said, stop watching the news cuz it's always nothing but bad news.

6. twenty8

twenty8

To navigate as best as can be through another difficult journey around the sun. To stay calm and flexible with what may come................and to hot rod out the other end with a smile on my face..:)

7. Well I have lived through a lot of things that other people don't already. But you just never know, whomever is in charge of that could get lucky. LOL

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]

I should have kept this project, one or the most historic cars I once owned. Bob

9. On Monday I go to pick up my 351 Windsor short block from the machinist. It's been there since July, but I told him I wasn't in that big a hurry since I've been working on this '29AA project since 1974. He took me seriously. Its bored .030, turned .010 on the crankshaft and all balanced. I'm just building it for torque and reliability with an RV cam, Edelbrock 1.90 intake heads and a Performer (not RPM) intake. Although I'm eager to assemble it and break it in, that's going to have to wait until I recover from hernia surgery scheduled for next week. So the new year holds promise. Maybe I'll even rebuild the AOD I'm putting in it. Wish me luck.

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’d Like to drive my roadster at El Mirage again I’ll be 78 this time.. 7760464F-1B6E-4AC8-8628-37A585EE747D.jpeg

11. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Do some swap meets, head to the beach area, take an Amtrak trip and contemplate my navel.

12. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I have my first grandchild due in June... That's a big one for me. Otherwise the cars are the same. I'm looking for a new daily, but nothing old enough to be On Topic here. I'll be helping my son rebuild the ENTIRE drivetrain in his car before next race season.

Devin

13. ratfink56

ratfink56

Get a part time job so I can dump more money into my 36 Plymouth. Managed to get some modern power swapped in this year. Now it needs better brakes. Then drive it as much as possible.

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  14. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

Ordered a new 2022 daily and paying cash with "future" hot rod money fund. Wants vs needs.

15. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

Like ratfink56 dump money into my 36 Plymouth and go see my grandkids

16. Paul

Paul
    Editor

'going to try to liquidate a bunch of redundant and "may never use" stuff..
    Yeah, right..

Tman, Lil32 and Jack Wagon like this.
  17. I've pretty much slacked off the first year of retirement, now it's time to go to work
    • Finish the F-1 (a/c and side windows) Sell it ??
    • Finish the '32 replica (not a real Ford part or original '32 part on it)
    • Make some room in the shop (Start my estate sale)
    • Road trip the F-1 somewhere over 50 miles from home, minimum (if I still have it)

Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Me too!!! I need my swap meet fix!!!

19. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

No big plans for 2022...hopefully drive my cars more and maybe participate in some local shows.

Lil32 likes this.
  20. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

Less OT car driving, more old truck driving.

'28phonebooth and 302GMC like this.
  21. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

D62D0C36-EBA5-422F-AFCA-061D91A9EEA9.jpeg Feeding cows , wheats planted , working on equipment and cutting cedar trees in pastures .
    My Youngest and her Husband has blest us with twin Daughters on Father’s Day. Trying to work on fun projects in the evenings

22. Crocodile

Crocodile

Bret's Forty Birthday run and Back to the Fifties are solid plans. Would like to add another event, like "Lead ain't dead" or the KKOA show this year.

Okie Pete and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. Loving the responses fellas keep them coming. Also I’d really like to hear from the ladies here on the forum ( first rule in life is never make a woman angry.EVER.)

24. sold or gave away everything in the shop.....threadbare existence automotively speaking going forward, yup ...washing my hands of all this silliness....yup.......well...I did hang on to my lincoln welders( ya never know when a repair might need ta' get done on the property, and i did hold on to the tig( just in case a aluminum something -or - other gets damaged, and all the stuff on the steel racks.....cause'.....well, it's steel. Plasma, torches, lathe, presses, bead roller, mostly as back-ups in case i need to make the odd part for whatever....oh and all my tools just in case. As i said I feel a lot better now that I kicked the habit and I'm looking forward to 2022

Okie Pete and Lil32 like this.
  25. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I'm saving $$ up all winter so I can buy gas next summer! (I hope)

26. chrisp

chrisp

Hopefully open my own Restauration shop and if I still have free time work on my projects.

Okie Pete likes this.
  27. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Taking the A coupe to the Hotrod Showdown in Feb.

The 56 is getting some love this year...
    Planning to get interior finished in the 56 pickup somewhat.. Probably do some minor motor work while I am at it... Stem seals and valve spring swap... Maybe a new carb to round things out... Tired of vacuum secondary's I think. Pulling the POS vintage air Mini out and installing a Mark 4 under dash... That should hang meat in there hopefully. Aim for 1" lower in the front, and Thinking about ditching the Torque thrusts and getting chrome steels with Whitewalls. And finally installing a posi I think.

Put some miles on the 56 this year, put some miles on the A coupe...

Prewar Pileup in June with the Coupe.,..

Living the best life I can with family and friends...

28. Be safe. Support my wife, mother and kid- maybe get him a job. Plant, spray and harvest. Attend the jalopy jamup and the local shows - not sure about Detroit autorama- if they run. Meet with the Monday and Tuesday shop sessions if they continue/resume. Do some actual work on projects and the shop, change some oil and filters. Might change my hamb avatar, buy an alliance membership and order some swag. Try to find the Tardel books, play with my toys, maybe buy a side by side. Daily priorities may vary.

29. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Insulation (both heat and acoustic) and weatherstrip (doors and firewall openings) will make the cab much more pleasant.

Russ

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

I hope to wake up above room temperature. :)

chryslerfan55 and rbrewer like this.