Register now to get rid of these ads!

History MotoMeter Gauge & Equip. Co. (National Gauge & Equip. Co)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Speed~On

Speed~On

@Carter Please allow me a few moments to pick my jaw up from my desk. You have an amazing collection of MMG&E gauges, probably the nicest and most comprehensive I have ever seen. Where in the world did you find all of those? Thank you for sharing all those marvelous photos!

Speed~On: Hey HAMBers....look at all my MMG&E gauges!

Carter: Hold my beer...

LOL!!:D

2. Speed~On

Speed~On

@kadillackid That is so great that this thread allowed you to become interested in these old MMG&E gauges. Once you see a nice example in person, it's hard to deny that they are incredible. The quality, beauty and timeless design would make anyone want a complete set. They really give the old Stewart Warner's a run for their money!!

3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My Dad appreciated precision gauges and I guess I got that from him! He and I preferred the 270degree sweep and the little pointed and balanced needle! Folks back then took pride in building their product! The gauges we see today from that era testify to that fact , as most of those gauges are still working accurately today!
    As a Fire truck mechanic one of the jobs I did was testing pressure gauges with a dead weight tester. It was fun work, but I was also amazing how many modern gauges were way off!
    I think I will go,down to the ranch ,in the old shop,and check out the gauges hanging there from my Dads collection!

Bones

4. Carter

Carter

Hahahaha!

You know how it is, you start looking and next thing you know, you have a few dozen...
    I started out looking for SW stuff 20+ years ago, didn't even know about MMG&E, then once I saw the ever so slight differences between them, I found I much preferred the MotoMeter gauges and started looking for them. I haven't found many recently, and those few I've seen lately have been very pricy, but I suppose that's the case for most of this stuff.
    I wish a lot of these were in better shape, but as you know, you gotta grab em when you see them.

I'm going to post some pics in the SW thread today. I have a few of those as well, and most in much nicer condition.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

do you guys know anything about this one?
    hans.jpeg hans2.jpeg

Speed~On, Okie Pete and 37hotrod like this.