Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Greyhound Shipping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldwood, Nov 15, 2020.

1. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Just want to warn people. I have used Greyhound over the years but NO MORE. I shipped a bumper from Arkansas to CA on October 16th. There tracking hasn't been updated since I paid for shipping on that date. However the buyer and myself have spoke with Greyhound numerous times and they gave us a date of 11/13/2020. Guess what??? It didn't arrive. I don't know why they gave us that date when they can't tell us where it is. All they know is when I paid a$135 shipping amount when I gave them the bumper. Just trying to warn people of their incompetence.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. I shipped two bumpers via USPS ground for less than that. As long as the box has a GIRTH of less than 130 inches, they will take it. I was considering Greyhound until I read some reviews.

3. oldie62

oldie62

No Grehound shipping for me never again!. I bought (8) sets of fender skirts from a fellow in New York. I never got them after tracking them for about four months. Yes, they lost that large box!! How, I don’t know. But I learned an expensive lesson. Never again. oldie62 from the H.A.M.B.

4. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Sounds like one of the bus drivers likes to do swap meets on the weekend.

5. Didn't have any issues shipping a pair of original 1932 fenders from Dallas to up state New York that the buyer wanted to use Greyhound for price reasons. Yes tracking was a little lacking but they did arrive in good shape and not to far off of the shipping time. They were insured and shipping was paid by buyer so I guess they were covered if it didn't get there.

6. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

if your item goes through chicago forget it I think there starting there own museum. I had a 51 ford hood shipped from cal. to ind. after a few months I found it in the back room, in the city of chicago!! plus there service people stink they more like snails. just my opinion!

7. outagas1961

outagas1961

years ago a seller on e bay that i bought a hood from shipped it greyhound. was resonable price but took over 3 weeks to get from oakland ca. to central il arrived in good shape though.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Their freight is always shipped SPACE AVAILABLE meaning if it is a high passenger time like around th holidays that freight might sit somewhere until there is room on a bus.
    The big problem now is that even a lot of major cities at least in the west no longer have actual bus terminals and your shipment may be unloaded at a mini mart somewhere and not be all that secure.
    The last think I shipped with them was a 54 Chevy pickup front fender a few years ago and I had to drive to a mini mart abut 20 miles away as it was the closest place that shipped freight out.
    Fed-ex freight doesn't cost that much more usually. Fed-Ex freight has a better rate than regular Fed-Ex and the shipment normally goes the whole way by truck. Their trucks though, it doesn't get sluffed off to someone else's truck.

9. SilverJimmy

SilverJimmy

Talk about a blast from the past! In Northern Arizona we used Continental Trailways for shipping stuff from Phoenix to Page overnight, but that went away in the late 80’s, a few years before the crooks killed off C.O.D.!

10. Canuck

Canuck

Greyhound has terminated ALL SERVICE in Canada. No Freight or Passenger.

11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well you are mostly correct. However they do still run between Vancouver and Seattle...
    Talk about terrible corporate citizens!

12. Canuck

Canuck

Must be American dogs.