Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Some thoughts on the upcoming year.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Well, here we are again. You’re right, things are still screwed eight ways from Sunday but I figured I could get your thoughts on things ( projects, travel plans, etc…..) . So post away boys and girls. Appropriate subjects only please, I’d hate to upset da boss (@Ryan)

2. rtp

rtp

So you just fishin for info ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Since you asked there are 2 off topic pickups in front my garage that need fixed and moved.
    Then I can get busy with my 57 210. There is more after that but I'll be happy to get that far.
    ( Think T & A )

Rickybop and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. I'm planning on seeing my 81st birthday. No plans past that.

5. I am thinking this next year things will open up more. I think the pandemic is on its last leg and people are going to live their lives in spite of it. Hope to see a lot more swap meets and gatherings next year...without those damn masks!

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a truck to finish so my dance card is full

7. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I have vowed for the new year to stop watching the news. :D

8. beegator

beegator

AMEN

9. Hardly, the idea of this thread is to just start a conversation, connect with people.

10. I plan to finish getting my 52 Chevrolet Ute all running and driving it a lot.

11. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

Politics have pretty much screwed up the car hobby....I don't do much anymore....Just polish the chrome and listen to old time rock and roll in my garage...That will be that for next year...

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got to have some version of my truck running and driving by July. It is already registered for an event but at least I didn't have to send a photo of what version shows up. I may be out working under a tarp tent in front of my blast heater before long.

13. squirrel

squirrel

There's an SCCA Road Rally in our area in March....it would be fun to take Plan II on that, my wife said she'd go. She's an SCCA member, so that's a bonus :) I bet we could get the worst score without even trying, and at the same time, get to see how the other half lives.

and I'm looking for a nice old piece of crap to take on either the Rocky Mountain LeMons Rally the end of April, or else the one in California in August. Finding nice old pieces of crap is pretty difficult these days, though

14. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

I got a fastback Chevvie to put together, & I'm sure Earl would like to get my '54 GMC out of his shop so he can use the space for one of his rigs ....

54EARL, Hnstray, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

as best as possible, going to try to play by health guidelines supported by scientific community - can't trust the other guy to do the right thing, even when you pull up to a 4 way stop - end of January going to fly down from Nor-Cal to So-Cal and go to the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona for Saturday sights & sounds - in the past have flown down & back on Friday, then go to the Turlock Swap Meet Saturday

MCjim, Stogy, jim snow and 11 others like this.
  16. Just want to enjoy another year working on and driving my 32’s, God willing!

17. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am looking forward to attending the Portland swap-meet this coming April.

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd like to sell every last bit of crap I've collected. Car projects are car projects, and will look the same next year I'm sure. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!

Bob

26 T Ford RPU, Hnstray, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  19. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Thinking of doing another show this year. 2nd time should be a lot better. I learned a lot from putting on my first show. Hopefully double the 120 cars from this year.
    Get the wife's car painted, hopefully get to drag week and other shows I normally go to.

Stogy, hotrodjack33, WalkerMD and 2 others like this.
  20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Less doctor. More project.
    Expectations are good.

54EARL, tractorguy, belair and 9 others like this.
  21. rusty valley

rusty valley

I will finish cleaning up this mess

22. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

A protracted road trip across North America (Commencing June 22) once I can resolve a few local issues prior to travel in New Year! I already have my visa and itinerary! Hopefully my body will be home after painting, back on frame and upholsterer has finished trim work. It can then sit until I return back home.

bchctybob, tractorguy, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  23. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Me ? Finishing my ‘48 “Effie” . Road test for a month then take it out on a long extended
    trip. For some reason the swap meet bug is catching and unless I can stop myself, I am going to hit local swaps and any swapscar shows on my trip .

24. fuzzface

fuzzface

I am still working for a store third shift but I already informed them I am leaving April 1 (after winter) to go back on my own. Wasted 3 years at one place and it will be a little over 2 at the present location and was self employed before that. going back to that lifestyle. Self employed I made more and had time to play with my cars. So in the mean time after work I have been cleaning/resetting up my shop so it is useable for other things besides being a catch all basin where you just throw extra crap.

I am planning on attending a few swap meets after April and lots of auctions, need to catch up on what I miss being a routine boring slave for someone else the last 5 years. I will show up at shows as a spectator but I am not going back to showing cars. I don't want to be a captive audience all weekend but as a spectator I can catch up with my old friends that are still around and leave when I decide to, after all being back to self employed I need to get work done too. :)

I know the first year will be tight yet but after that I am hoping I can get 1 or more cars done a year like I use to but luckily I do have a few toys stashed away that need to be brought out, cleaned up and driven seeing some haven't been out for a long time but after April life starts again for me or should be the lifestyle I enjoy.

25. twenty8

twenty8

Yes, but did they believe you...................being April first and all.....

26. fuzzface

fuzzface

"Yes, but did they believe you...................being April first and all....."

You know I don't think they really do but never gave it a thought until you posted it and then it clicked in my head. They did give me a nice raise when they heard I was also leaving when the other good guy left but I did tell them Thanks, but I am still leaving in spring, so if they are not prepared not my fault I gave them more than 2 weeks. .

27. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I´ll be a Dad of a little boy in a few weeks, so there´ll be one more thing around that needs to be serviced, topped off and fluids / diapers changed.:D Other than that , after all what happened during the last 1 1/2 years, I´m pretty amazed how well we made it through all those shutdowns and re-openings. It paid out for me to take care of my employees, they are still here and all great people and they are hanging in, come what may. I ´m feeling very blessed for that. It would be nice if the 14-16 hr days would shrink down to 10-12hrs so I can go out in the garage and make some progress on my 34 and 51 pickup and stay in touch with friends...

28. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Everyday is a good day.

29. Car related..anticipating more events opening up, so will look forward to that.