Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest New England Dragway's future

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheeldog57, Nov 25, 2021.

1. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

So, apparently a developer wants the land pretty bad. The directors are meeting early next week then the share holders will meet later next week. After the share holders meeting I will report back here.
    Let's cross our fingers, and toes, that they will decide to save this historic track.

Sporty45 likes this.
  2. SeeDanDelivery

SeeDanDelivery
    from Boston

Man, I hope it doesn't get sold, my dad used to race there back in the day. He also used to take us to watch races and we always went into the pits. Great memories.

Sporty45 likes this.
  3. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

It seems as though money is almost always the deciding factor. I hope it is not in this case. A lot of the share holders are hard core hot rodders. But money Talks. We will just have to see. I would surely miss the track.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Sporty45 likes this.
  4. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

OK so I shouldn't have drank the Koolaid!!
    New England Dragway is staying.
    There was an offer from a development group but the stock holders overwhelmingly denied the offer.
    Looking forward to many more years of racing, showing, and swap meeting!!
    See you there,Ron

65pacecar likes this.

5. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

great to see a track saved and not sold. Hopefully it remains successful with great attendance for years to come.

wheeldog57 likes this.
  6. old.hot.rodder

old.hot.rodder

The track will be around for a while. It was voted by the board to not sell to the developer. This is great news!

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  7. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Talked to Dave (former President and current shareholder) at the Nats in Tampa and he said the buyer assured them it was going to stay a Drag strip then the shareholders found out different. He said it will stay a drag strip as long as they can pay the bills.