Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cool surprise at a benefit cruise in.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Anthony, a great turnout of bikes, cars, and trucks for a good cause. Thank everyone involved.

chryslerfan55 and anthony myrick like this.
  2. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

Thanks for sharing. It’s great to see that kind of money pulled in for such a great cause. I only participate in a few showers a year. My favorite is for the local American legion. We have a bike run the first of the year but the cold has been getting to me.

anthony myrick and loudbang like this.
  3. That's a nice car. You can say what the off-topic underpinnings are.

A crank hole cover on a 1932 car? Woof. It looks like a convex mirror was stuck on there.

"Most automobile manufacturers switched over to the electric starter during the teens, although Ford's Model T continued using the hand crank through 1919. With the exception of those old Model T's, almost every American car on the road boasted an electric starter by 1920."

1912 Cadillac.jpg

4. Lots of rides had hand crank capability after the starter
    A hand crank option was available for gm trucks years after WW2
    A Russian automaker has hand crank capability into the late 1990s.

the Plymouth appeared to have tube control arms and coil overs. I didn’t have a chance to talk to the owner. My bus was swarmed with leather jackets asking tons of questions.
    Hopefully, I’ll see the car again.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  5. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a great gathering of beautiful machines !
    So sad that in this day and age, that there is still a need for orphanages, but I am glad that the orphanage in that town, is benefiting from the big hearts and deep pockets of the bikers and car guys that attended !
    Thanks for posting and sharing the great photographs !
    Loved the red starliner hardtop and the ford econoline pick up !
    sun smile.jpg

6. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My 1937 Ford Ton and a half Ford has a crank hole! Kinda hard to see in this photo, but if you look you can just make out the chrome trim around it!

Bones EB63D8AB-C7C2-4A36-940C-F323BE3B095B.jpeg

7. I’d drive that

woodsnwater, Jrs50 and Boneyard51 like this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I rode in that truck from California to Oklahoma on Route 66 in October of 1957! Loaded with a 1934 Allis WC and stuff , pulling a four wheel trailer loaded to the hilt! Go Flathead Go!

Bones

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  9. lol
    Love that truck. I’d fix some brakes, add tires and enjoy that ride.

10. Crocodile

Crocodile

My Forty has a crank hole, as well as a crank in the trunk. Don't feel the need to use it...

40ragtopdown and anthony myrick like this.
  11. With the “best insults” thread in mind......
    A gentleman walked up to my ride and asked “why is it so low?” I politely answered “because it looks cool” He had a puzzled look. “But you can’t drive” it. I politely answered “7 states and over 30k miles sitting this low” He walked away looking confused.
    I wasn’t able add all the engines and other parts it’s hauled plus pulling stumps in the yard to the conversation. A friend of mine looked at me with a look of disgust towards the guy but no need to be insulting. Some folks just don’t understand.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

wished i had known about this. went to a rainy cars and coffee in Huntsville, very fey hot rods.
    You got to keep us posted about upcoming events!!!

anthony myrick likes this.
  13. The car show part was small. The bike part was huge. Would be cool to increase the car count.

14. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Thanks for the pictures.

41 GMC K-18 and anthony myrick like this.
  15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Kinda in the process as we speak. I am buying a 49? Ford ton and a half with a supposed to be good flat head. The 37 Has a crack, but I still used it for years! But I got a buy on the 49 and I like the disturber better on the later Flatheads. New tires and I should be on the road!

Bones

chryslerfan55 and anthony myrick like this.
  16. Great result on the donation total!!! And as an added bonus a bunch of cool cars and, it sounds like a bunch of bikes as well. Were there many vintage bikes on hand (flatheads, board track, etc) or was it mostly big wheels and accent lights?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Chappy

17. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i had to work, but heard a bunch of widows sons showed. they always have a nice show there, truth is i didn't make any shows this year. glad to hear how much was raised, i'm sure the toys for tots was full as well. thanks for the pics.

18. Mostly just normal bikes. I didn’t have a chance to check em out. Hardly got past mine cause all the bikers were asking questions

chryslerfan55 and Chappy444 like this.
  19. Official bike count is around 1100
    So far 135k raised. Pledges still being counted.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  20. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

[​IMG]
    For some reason I don't see many '61s Anthony. I have seen one in 20+years.

21. 61s are great looking cars.
    a friend of mine has a couple Staraliners.
    A 61 wagon came up for sale a few months ago.
    Id like to “ruin” one one day.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and F-ONE like this.
  22. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I had a 62....You see those from time to time.
    63 Box tops, fast backs and 64s...see them all the time.
    I just love the little fins on a '61.
    I've seen one in a backyard about...15-20+ years ago.
    I've even seen '60s....Plenty of 59s.

anthony myrick and Joe Travers like this.
  23. I’m a big 60 fan as well. My old boss was building a conv

24. Joe Travers

Joe Travers
    from Louisiana

I did, too. My first car. ;)
    Found a very solid '63 1/2 HT w/ 390-4V & BW T-10 early this year but owner was a bit proud of it.
    Cool show, Anthony! Love the Econoline trucks.

Joe

25. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Joe I don't think Anthony will mind me Hijacking his thread a little.;)
    [​IMG]Untitled by Travis Brown, on Flickr

^^^^
    This was a pleasant surprise!
    The Galaxie above was my '62. I bought it when I was 19 and sold it shortly after I was married for 900 bucks over 20 years ago.
    It was a 352 Cruisomatic car. The man that built it put in a 390 and top Loader. I knew it was mine when I saw the radio converter under the dash.
    We talked about body damage...it had a crease down the drivers door and into the quarter. He said the quarter crease popped out with heat and a wet rag but the door was replaced....
    It was good to see it and see it done up so nicely.
    It was and will always be my favorite.
    Do I want it back?...No.
    But it will always be my favorite car.

26. The 1961 Fords are a favorite of mine. I owned 3 ex-Connecticut State Police 1961 Ford 2 door police cars. They came from the factory with a 390", 330 horse power police interceptor engine with the factory cast iron short headers and bucket seats, and 3 on the tree. One of mine ended up with a 427" medium riser engine. They were pretty quick as they came. A lot of 1955 Chevrolet owners found out the hard way.

Joe Travers and anthony myrick like this.
  27. A younger/dumber me sold a 330hp 390 for $150. “Nobody wanted those old FEs”
    It was in a f100. Noticed the exhaust manifolds were different. Plus it was 4v witch was odd for a truck.

Joe Travers likes this.
  28. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I recently found out via a Facebook post that I know the owner of the two 61's. The guy is a flipper, he buys and sells all the time. He drove one and his son drove the other. He's a good guy, but his sale prices are always high. I've asked him about a couple of different cars, way above my pay grade...
    Apparently he gets it, because he always comes up with something different.

29. The official word is 151k raised to support the children’s home.
    Not bad for 4hours, a bunch of bikers, some gear heads and a tiny town of under 160 residents.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  30. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

I had a black 61 Ford Starliner with a red interior and 390 CI, 3 speed. I traded it in for a brand new 65 GTO 4 speed, tri power, positraction in 1964. However, of all the cars I ever had if there was one I could have back it would be the Starliner.