Register now to get rid of these ads!

Searching for old book…!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by superduper88, Dec 2, 2021.

1. superduper88

superduper88

Hey guys, I am searching for the title and author of a book I read in Middle School about hot rods. I have been trying to figure it out for years(literally), even had my daughters look in the school library when THEY went(same school), and they said it wasn’t there anymore. I want to find a copy, this book I read probably 10 times when I was a kid, and it inspired me to go down the hot rod, muscle car, and 4x4 path.

I’m not sure this is the right place to ask but the HAMB popped into my head after my 150th failed Googleing lol

Here is what I recall, hopefully someone can tell me who wrote it so I can get a copy!

I remember it being titled “Hot Rod”(I could be mis-remembering), it was a couple guys who built a 60’s Fairlane 4 door as a budget muscle car, I remember it being painted Hugger Orange or Carosel Red or something like that, they re-ringed a 302 and painted the headers white. It read like a long magazine article, most pics in black and white. Not much to go on I know! Lol!

I’m guessing it was from the 80’s, I read it in the 90’s.

Sorry if this is a goofy question but I’m trying anything I can think of Lol!

Thanks- John

Spooky likes this.
  2. rudestude

rudestude

Sounds like it would be a Henry Gregor Felson book he had books about hot rods , Hotrod was my first one I read in school ...the won your talking about do you know about the year it was printed?

Bob Lowry likes this.
  3. superduper88

superduper88

I don’t know what year, but I’d guess late 70’s-mid 80’s?

4. superduper88

superduper88

Ok I looked up the book you was talking about, that’s not the one. This one was a non-fiction, couple guys build a Fairlane 4 door and document it kinda thing. That Hotrod you were talking about looks interesting tho, I might have to add that to the list!
    -John

5. b-bop

b-bop

Here is my copy of Hot Rod by Henry Gregor Felton. Found it at a garage sale many years back. It 4-1/4” x 6-1/2”. Very small paperback. B4728BF4-BAF9-49D4-ACF4-CA5284BA041E.jpeg

tommyd and Spooky like this.
  6. noboD

noboD

If that is the book, there's a long thread about it here.

7. AlexHunter

AlexHunter

You can try using a picture search. You can find a similar cover for the book and try to find what you need. I often used this method and it helped me a lot. A quality cover image is enough for the search engine to find the right information. I also advise you to use the library of the https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/to-kill-a-mockingbird/ service with ready-made essay samples for students. They have a very extensive database of books in digitized format, but you will have to poke around in the library, and it is sometimes quite incomprehensible.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  8. TraditionalToolworks

TraditionalToolworks
    from NorCal

If it is a Henry Gregor Felsen, these are his books, quite a few interesting ones on hot rods. Some look like children's books. I used "Hot Rod" as the keywords.

It would help to know a more specific year than 70s or 80s...but search for yourself and see if any of them look familiar.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=henry gregor felsen&bi=0&bx=off&cm_sp=SearchF-_-Advs-_-Result&ds=30&kn=hot rod&recentlyadded=all&rollup=on&sortby=17&sts=t&xdesc=off&xpod=off

This one will search for anything with hot rod in the title, and published between 1960 and 1980, if that may help.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Se...=hot rod&xdesc=off&xpod=off&yrh=1980&yrl=1960

9. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Obviously, you're not seeking the Felsen book (or series of books).
    Maybe you need to type in LARGE BOLD TYPE that the book is
    about a 1964 FAIRLANE.

I can't help, I only have the Felsen "Hot Rod" book. Two things you
    might try: Google "Book - HOT ROD" and go to the images section.
    Maybe you'll know the cover if you see it. Also, ebay is supposed to
    have 3700 books with HOT ROD in the title. Again, go through the
    listings.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    lurker mick likes this.