Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Stroker McGurk Comic - It's Back!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gtmedley, Jan 22, 2020.

1. gtmedley

gtmedley

StrokerComicCvr&Page.png After a fast sell out, The Amazing Adventures of Stroker McGurk is back, thanks to popular demand. For the first time EVER, here is every Stroker McGurk cartoon created by Hot Rod magazine artist Tom Medley -- presented in traditional comic book format (6.65" x 10.25").

More than 70 Stroker cartoons -- spread across 56 pages -- from the first mention of "McGurk" in the March 1948 issue of Hot Rod to his final strips in 1965.

Included are all the gags and innovations that sprung from Medley's fertile, if wacky, mind -- the first bubble-top roadster, multi-engine lakes racers, a nitro-powered lawn mower, and, of course, the first-ever race car slowed by a parachute (with unforeseen and humorous results).

This is a must-have for any hot rod enthusiast looking for a bit of hot rod history -- and a few laughs -- through the lens of one the sport's most influential pioneers.

Comic is shipped in a stiff cardboard envelope ensuring safe, damage-free travels. Here's the link: http://www.strokerbymedley.com/product/the-amazing-adventures-of-stroker-mcgurk-comic

Deuces, Cooon, dana barlow and 6 others like this.
  2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Gary, it is with great admiration that I thank you for your father's continued legacy.
    I was 12 when I read the first "Stroker McGurk" cartoon, stayed with him 'til the end.
    Met your Dad a few times, thank heaven for a great Master of Hot Rod Ceremonies!

Deuces likes this.
  3. dwollam

dwollam

I bought a shirt and the drawings about a year ago. Great products, and Gary is an Oregonian!

Dave

Deuces likes this.

4. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is the comic still available?

5. loudbang

loudbang

He hasn't been on the HAMB since Nov 2020 :(

Deuces likes this.
  6. dwollam

dwollam

I also just got one of the Christmas themed Stroker shirts!

Dave

Cooon likes this.
  7. |Tom|

|Tom|

Super cool! Just ordered the comic!

Cooon likes this.
  8. theamcguy

theamcguy

Yep I just ordered mine as well.