Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods retirement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Dec 3, 2021.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I'll post mine also. Left the factory today after 37 years. It was a good place to work. 37 there, 8 before that some where else. I was ready to go. Like my favorite song says, TURN THE PAGE.

Tim, Stock Racer, tommyd and 35 others like this.
  2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Congratulations, for the first year work on your project as hard as you can.... Now that you can use that work ethic that you still have or you will get lazy....

3. gene-koning

gene-koning

Congrats! I was self employed before retirement, Turn The Page has taken nearly 3 years. I'm really slowing down this winter, before I decide what the next page looks like. Gene

4. Good deal Bruce, congratulations! I'm sure you'll enjoy the hobby even more now! Looking forward to seeing you in Bowling Green in 2022 :D

oldsjoe and chryslerfan55 like this.

5. Latigo

Latigo

Congrats! Now the clock speeds up and the pages just fall off the calendar. Make the most of it every day.

Boneyard51, Hot Rod Nut, joel and 7 others like this.
  6. Aint that the truth. Congrats and now that you have joined us. Relax and drink some.

Boneyard51, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Congrats BA!

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Happy for you, I did 30 years in the same machine shop before I bailed.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Enjoy your me time - you earned it !

10. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Congrats. Retired 3 years ago and enjoying every minute!!! 32 years with American Airlines and 14 years with Bethlehem Steel.

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Congratulations! This Christmas will be extra special!

12. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on reaching retirement ! As Spock said, "live long & prosper".

Also, do everything you always wanted to do as soon as possible. You'll be amazed how fast the time time will fly by and it definitely doesn't get easier as you get older.

13. Balljoint

Balljoint

Congrats on your retirement, if you enjoy what you do it goes a little easier but 37 years is a long time anywhere. Enjoy!

14. patterg2003

patterg2003

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom. Don't make eye contact with anyone for a while if you are handy and capable otherwise you could find yourself very busy. Have fun and stay safe.

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats! Wishing you the best.

16. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats....I retired 4 years ago....just like having 6 Saturdays and a Sunday every week.

17. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Congrats on your retirement! I hope for you a healthy, fun experience. Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to be retired. I'm old enuff, I could swing it financially if I cut back on my car spending. But somehow I can't TURN THE PAGE.

18. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on your retirement. I still own my company but it’s like I am retired. I only work 3 days a month and still have enough income for my projects.

i.rant likes this.
  19. Congrats Bruce! You are going to wonder how you ever had time to work now. Been retired almost 19 years and never regretted one day of it.

Boneyard51 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  20. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Congrats! And I'm jealous of you too!

21. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations on a successful retirement, I know it felt good to turn in your keys, clean out your locker, and walk out that door for the last time !
    Now the choice is simple, either find a nice park bench and nap all day, or get in the hot rod and burn up the road to a cool future of adventure !

PARK BENCH.jpg flame tires.jpg

22. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Congrats! I retired this past September & am also figuring out how to catch up with all my unfinished projects. Good luck.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the long wait to be a "free spirit" is here - but, you will find out that retirement can be expensive - you will have more time to do more stuff, be it working on cars, working on the house or traveling - all have price tags - one good thing is that you will not have to feel guilty about taking a nap

24. grdra1

grdra1

Turn the page is one of my favourite songs to, Im getting closer to Turning my page, enjoy

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  25. Budget36

Budget36

Not the place to talk about my Seger concert;)

Enjoy it!

26. jim snow

jim snow

Congrats! Now you’re going to wonder how you had time to work.lol. Snowman ⛄️

Boneyard51 and i7083 like this.
  27. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I suspect you’ll love retirement.

The way different people feel about if and how their work defines themselves is interesting. One person told me you either live to work or work to live - that was in the 1990s and I still ponder that statement every so often. Another told me that Friday he went from the proud person known for being at the top of his profession on the last day he worked, to just another guy in Wal-mart on his first day of retirement. In my mind you are who you are whether you’re retired or not - a long as you stick with your work ethic, etc.

I retired 5 years ago after 31 years in a profession that took me years of training to achieve. I liked most of the people I worked with and really enjoyed the work most of the time. Retirement is better.

Enjoy your new found freedom - you’ll never be busier.

John

hfh, hotrodjack33 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  28. Congrats! That is an awesome milestone!

The culture I grew up in Arkansas was you work until you die or can't work any more, first one, then the other. So retirement was never even a subject that got discussed. After I left and gained more knowledge, I started to see that it was possible. I've been fortunate so far and I have three years left to retirement at the age of 57 (hopefully).

29. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Congratulations on making it to retirement. I worked for 55yrs. and retired 3yrs ago.
    Everyone always asked, "What do you plan to do now that you're retired?". I told
    them that the goal of retirement is to not have to do anything and no more planning.
    My goal is to do nothing, and I'm proud to say that I have met, or exceeded, my goal
    everyday. Having a great time doing anything I want. I highly recommend it!!

fauj, Irish Mike, Lil32 and 1 other person like this.
  30. brady1929

brady1929

Congratulations. Good luck and good health.

41 GMC K-18 likes this.