Register now to get rid of these ads!

does it matter what engin........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banditomerc, Aug 21, 2006.

1. banditomerc

banditomerc

...you run in a kustom if it is not going to be seen by anyone? Just so long as it sounds BADD...right?:cool:

2. Retrorod

Retrorod

I guess if the hood never opens it won't make any difference. I never built anything that had an "unopenable" hood.

3. Primo

Primo

There are a lot elitists out there who look down on engines not within their narrow ranges of "acceptable" but it's your car run whatever you wan't. SweetPea's 50 ford we're building is getting a fuel injected 302 to make it a daily driver with all the comforts (Air Conditioning, Cruise Control) and decent power. Now on the other hand my Model A is getting the flathead out of the 50 because the engine is that much more visible.

Bottom line is build what you want/can and have fun driving it.

Primo

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Depends on your definition of "bad"...

All of my kustoms run engines that will keep up with other cars and pass quite a few...that consists of 350's/400 V8's (Chevy, of course) and now, (the next one) -- 500 inches of Cadillac...and even tho most people will never see the underside of the hood on my kustoms, or the engine itself, I do keep it clean, painted and running at its peak...just in case someone challenges me!!!

R-

5. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

What a ford in a ford ? no way unheard of . just put a goddamn chevy in it
    Dave:)

6. Primo

Primo

I don't know why but I have a really hard time putting a Chevy in a ford but had no problem considering putting a TOYOTA 4AGE in my "A". :p

Primo

7. leaving the hood open on a nicely done custom usually ruins the look. The hood remains "openable" but usually just for maintainance. Any engine works if it's all chromed and detailed out.

8. Jbirds51

Jbirds51
    from Sac ca

In my club the trend has been start with the motor (drivetrain) and go from there...cosmetics come second to reliability..eventually it all gets done or sold.