Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical EMS sheetmetal

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 55onefifty, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We should all be dang glad we can get anything to start with. What I've began to understand over my 50+ years of replacing rotten Tin is the real problem seems to be your Skill Level and what you consider Done Right. If "YOU" are a skilled metal man you take what you can get and get on with the job at hand. Starting with EMS panels and doing the job is much easier than starting with a sheet of Tin, an English Wheel and a Sand Bag with an assortment of Hammers. I have done both and will say "Bring me that EMS panel" then turn it into what we need and get this job done.

2. finn

finn

The tail pan, inner tooltray, and rockers I got from EMS for my 36 Ford five window seem well made. They obviously aren’t Ford factory stamping, but those haven’t been available for eighty years!

Now I see they have begun to stamp repair panels for me F100, something nobody else has done.

ems customer service likes this.
  3. The panels I purchased from EMS for the 1954 Ranch Wagon fit like a glove, I highly recommend there panels for the 52 -54 Fords. HRP

4. RmK57

RmK57

From what I've read their supposed to be the best in the business. Only thing better would be OEM.

5. I was one of the first to use their 52-54 Ford lower quarter, P/N 321. Fit well. EMS makes top quality panels. That rant not deserved.

Attached Files:

6. 55onefifty

55onefifty

To set the record straight about EMS every part I have ordered from them has been for a 1938 chevy coupe. They know what car I have and also have pictures of my car. What they are sending me is sheetmetal that they told me to cut up and weld to panel that is 4" short. They are not sending me the right panels to fix my problem they want me to cut and weld on there panels to make it fit. I believe one of the panels I have is for a sedan and I gave them all the part numbers and they told me Monday the numbers don't mean anything.

Attached Files:

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more time, pictures.

anthony myrick and Budget36 like this.
  8. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

I believe the issue was handled before the original post! Way to go EMS!

9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I am interested in a follow up reply to this by EMS and the final outcome.

10. GEZSFRK

GEZSFRK

Bought two, rear apron and trunk filler panel for a 37 Chevy, neither fit without some significant modifications

11. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In my time of building cars I have had the opportunity to sometimes have more than one of the same year make and model of a car in the shop at the same time. On many occasions I measured the same area on both vehicles, only to discover that they didn't match from car to car, and both of these were original vehicles.

Now asking a company like EMS to produce panels that fit every single one of these vehicles, which don't even match each other, as they came from the factory, it's the tall order. Fitment is always required. This is not an option.

You only get instant fit parts for modern vehicles that were built by robots. Those don't belong on this board, and will not ever be hot rods or customs.

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I might add, that going to a public forum and dragging a company because they were unable to produce a miracle might very well be the height of entitlement that I have experienced in quite some time.

XXL__, Fortunateson, seadog and 3 others like this.
  13. 55onefifty

55onefifty

I have added pictures. It is not a fitment issue the panels fit it is just that one panel is 4" short. The number on the panel is 529 B but the kit says it should be 526 A

14. 55onefifty

55onefifty

Pictures

Attached Files:

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

Same here . My 55 Ford stuff fits great.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do you have a 1938, or 1939?

They don't have the same floor.

17. 55onefifty

55onefifty

Update, I just called EMS and told them who I was and was hung up on. This is the kind of service you can expect from them. Buyer beware buy your panels from someone else.

18. 55onefifty

55onefifty

Again I have a 38

19. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been buying panels for them for almost as long as they have been in existence. Your accounting here does not line up with anything that I have experienced. I used to run a fairly decent size shop with a high throughput. A lot of stuff that we used came from EMS. If this was a regular habit of theirs I would have noticed.

20. Budget36

Budget36

This is odd, a vender that comes into an open forum to assist others, then hangs up on you.
    Something (besides the panel) doesn’t add up. Attitude maybe?
    But seems the issue you have is an incorrect part number if I read your previous reply correctly?

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's the lowdown: I don't know who the guy is who's posting about his panels. I have dealt with EMS for years. I trust them. If they say that he told them it had a 39, then that's what happened. I trust them, I have no reason to trust him.

This whole thread sounds more abusive towards customer service representatives than anything else.

22. 55onefifty

55onefifty

Pictures of my order and picture of panel that I think is wrong. My number is also there.

Attached Files:

23. Budget36

Budget36

Are the measurements on your panels correct (the ones you have)?

24. ems customer service

ems customer service

interesting- what do you mean by "rear apron" we do not have a part by that name

maneri, badshifter, egads and 2 others like this.
  25. ems customer service

ems customer service

mr marvin, you wanted to start a argument by calling name's and that was not going to happen, you were politely told to " have a nice day" when we end'ed the call

26. Budget36

Budget36

I was thinking this might be the case.

27. Yup, in 30 years of Customer Service I will not take nor let an employee take abuse and swearing. The call ends right there.

28. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. I would have given the same response.

29. twenty8

twenty8

So, just out of curiosity, what are the correct parts/part numbers for a 1938 Chevy Coupe trunk floor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.