Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1956 Ford Country sedan wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Trying to help a pal find a strange and we think original seat material, this is one of the back seats but the front has a solid material, anyone know of a source for something like this? HRP

imageedit_2_6781451805.jpg

2. Ah, the famous 'cattle brand' pattern seat vinyl. That was the base upholstery '55-56 on all but the top-end wagons, and AFAIK was only used in wagons. Wore like iron, but you could fry eggs on it on a hot day... It also faded pretty badly, even if you find some the color match probably won't be good. Try the Ford suppliers, I know I've seen that for sale somewhere but it has been quite a while.

3. Wow, Danny I remember that upholstery well! My father had a '56 Country Sedan with that very same stuff.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  4. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow that is really cool looking upholstery. Looks like strange ancient alphabet soup.

Cooon and VANDENPLAS like this.

5. RAK

RAK

Could swear SMS was advertising that stuff a few months ago.....

jimmy six and Ferdyeight like this.
  6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

It kinda makes me want to get a six shooter, a pocket full of caps and my red felt cowboy hat for a ride in the back of that wagon, shooting bad guys out the back window!

7. The HAMB does it again. Less than 3 hours.

VANDENPLAS and dana barlow like this.
  8. v8flat44

v8flat44

Kinda makes me want to sing "Home Home On The Range" & have a ham sandwich. I always thought that material would be cool in a Ranchero.....

LWEL9226, dana barlow and bchctybob like this.
  9. ... or "I'm Back in the Saddle Again" :D

VANDENPLAS and dana barlow like this.
  10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

11. catdad49

catdad49

I wonder if this bottle ( 15" tall) was part of the package?! It's a half gallon, anyone ever seen one like it? IMG_3265.jpg

v8flat44 and guthriesmith like this.
  12. A good friend of mine's 56 wagon had that pattern on the seats. I thought it was pretty cool and would have asked him where he got the material if the question wouldn't have been answered so quickly. :D

catdad49 likes this.
  13. Nice find. I was going to suggest calling Jerry Miller, he's mainly '57 to '59 Fords but may have resources. He does deal in interior supplies.

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I seen a 66 wagon with similar material.

15. He tried them but said they can't supply him with enough to do the front seat and door panels. HRP

16. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Did you guys check with the place in Seneca, South Carolina?

17. It was only used on the seats. The door panels were three-tone, with a tan and medium brown similar to the seats along with a red-brown similar to the paint used on all the interior sheetmetal.

18. He want's to do the door panels and the seats, he is still looking. HRP

19. “Whoopee Ti-Yi-Oh, git along, little dogies. It’s your misfortune, ain’t none of my own.”
    Too old for some of you.
    Now stuck in my mind for the rest of the day.

20. Damn you Bill, now I got it stuck in my head! :rolleyes: HRP

21. He'll struggle trying to do the door panels with that. That seat vinyl is heavy stuff, probably three times as thick as what was used on the door panels.