Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration 2022 Calendar Options?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Gary, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Where will you guys get your 2022 hot rod/custom car calendars?

Wifey used to get me a HAMB calendar every Christmas. Then more recently, Rodders Journal. :(
    She's making a list & asked me twice... I haven't got a clue.:confused:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Lil32, Dino 64 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I always get one from Roy Boy productions, One from Paul Oxman, and this year I got one from the Midwest Roadster Run. Gonna miss the Rodder's Journal calendar I have them all.

3. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

4. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I use one thats seven years old.

X38, dana barlow, XXL__ and 3 others like this.
  5. Calendars are like fad items....keep 'em long enough and you can use them again!

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I miss the Playboy's from vendor's.

7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I make my own from vista print
    29EEA337-DE04-4F6F-82B1-99CE61B64B19.jpeg E3647DE1-B6E5-483D-8937-35745876D888.jpeg 454A7985-BC9B-4AA5-B271-0110FF634008.jpeg 849DA4D5-A792-4F76-956B-0E0A74315AC8.jpeg 3C6EA0A3-949B-4AF9-B098-ECA009DAD332.jpeg 75AEC763-E342-4A8E-B310-8434DD42599E.jpeg 92072842-28DF-4D60-A938-A68B2417471C.jpeg 92BE620A-17EF-4883-9EA2-BA45D892786F.jpeg 938D1060-BEBD-403C-9885-461AA67D9545.jpeg B1338AA0-04C9-4761-9704-C23E36183CF4.jpeg C52FC773-BEAC-4145-8D87-B3AE1B6B2D53.jpeg

8. A Moriarity/Scotty B's calendar! They could sell them for you. LOL

9. catdad49

catdad49

10. Hemmings has a bunch

11. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Being creative hot rod people, here is a way not to have to rely on someone to make a calendar every year. Most of the time, not all 12 months worth of photos is something you want to see for 30 days. Here is an idea that uses your own color or black/white photos that you have shot over the whole year. I suppose they can also be copied from the internet. That is not as good using your own, but acceptable.
    upload_2021-11-18_3-53-19.png
    If you are using a calendar from the Microsoft Outlook email program, then it is simple and easy to relive those great photos. It is like a mini album right at your finger tips. This might be a fun project of your precious photos. Why wait for someone to make a hot rod photo calendar. Do it yourself…
    upload_2021-11-18_3-56-33.png
    Open the calendar portion of Outlook. Click on the date. When the blue box shows up, select a photo out of your photo file folder.
    upload_2021-11-18_3-57-25.png
    this pops up on your screen.

Once the photo is inserted, then when you click on “Save and Close,” it will show up on the main calendar for that particular day. Not everyone has 365 photos from the year, but at least, you can put in as many as you want. When you see the main calendar, click on the highlighted area of the calendar.
    upload_2021-11-18_3-58-32.png
    click the highlighted area and this pops up:
    upload_2021-11-18_3-59-4.png

Jnaki

If you want save any information on the photo or drawing that pops up, there is plenty of space to type in the information. Type of camera, the date, location, history, or explain the drawing.
    upload_2021-11-18_4-0-7.png
    I have one per month, just to see the movements my wife and I have done over the pandemic limitation short road trips and errand days. Plus some artwork that we both like. I don't have to see it everyday. But, I don't have to see the photo, unless I click on the highlighted tab color.
    upload_2021-11-18_4-4-17.png
    It allows me access to the normal calendar appointments, but, I can scroll through the whole month and open the photo tab for some quick memories.

Before, in the old days, I made my own photo calendars similar to @Moriarity, Those are great, as I printed my own photos, mounted them on card stock and made 12 separate calendar pages. But, after a while, it was taking up wall space and needed a change after a few weeks. YRMV

12. 5window

5window

I have always liked the Dale Klee Junkyard Calendars. Our local NAPA used to give them away for free. Now you can get them from Dale himself https://dalekleeart.com/shop. Or California Vintage Ford was offering them at an excellent, less expensive, price (with advertising at the bottom) https://shop-vintage-ford.odoo.com/

41 GMC K-18 and Just Gary like this.
  13. Slick34

Slick34

Just received my 2022 Dale Klee Junkyard Calendar. Pictures are really cool and after the year is over gonna frame and hang them in the garage.

Just Gary and 5window like this.
  14. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Ok, so not all people use Microsoft Outlook for their calendars and email services. So, here is a version of using Gmail or Google as your calendar. The calendars are pretty much similar in most digital programs. Each one wants something different, but they function in similar ways, they only look different for fear of trademarks and “copying” the other program. Once you have a Google Account, there are a lot of other Google services to be used if necessary. The Gmail option is a good email program, it is simple and works.

The general set up and function can work with your hot rod photos that you want to see in various places on your computer calendar. When you open your programs, the Gmail Calendar is part of the whole Google Services and does the same as other calendars online. The Google Services has about 34-35 programs that help in business and ordinary everyday activities. Not all are easy, but they are offered with one Google Account.
    They all are accessible on your phone, too, if you have a Google Account.

Jnaki

Here is a Google version of the Microsoft Outlook Calendar Project.
    upload_2021-11-18_8-11-48.png
    Sample of finished photo insert
    upload_2021-11-18_8-13-8.png
    Add your title of the photo to insert then hit save
    upload_2021-11-18_8-15-40.png
    When you add a title, scroll down to the attach clip and attach your hot rod photo jpeg.
    upload_2021-11-18_8-16-32.png
    When you select a file, use the upload tab for the photo
    upload_2021-11-18_8-17-33.png
    Now go to your photo folder and select the photo you want to insert on this particular day.

41 GMC K-18, Speccie and Just Gary like this.
  15. Blake 27

Blake 27

16. Lately I've been getting Deadend Magazines calendar since the Rodder's Journal was inconsistent, then eventually closed up shop. They haven't released one yet for 2022, but I'm sure its on the way.
    https://www.deadendworldwide.com/shop

chevydeucewagon and Just Gary like this.
  17. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Amazon……:);)

Just Gary likes this.
  18. 5window

5window

$24.00 for a ball cap to advertise someone's business is not for me. Hope you enjoy your calendar.

alanp561 likes this.
  19. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@travisfromkansas does killer calendars every year at Royboyproductions.com ! In previous years I know he’s done multiple. Hotrods/customs/ etc

guthriesmith and Just Gary like this.
  20. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

When we used to go over to our son’s house, he had a large screen TV on the wall. He knew we loved our granddaughter and had a photo display running on his computer that was connected to his living room large screen TV. With all of the photos we gave him of our granddaughter and us during our overnight stays at our house, plus the ones he and his wife took, he put them up on the big screen on a rotation basis and while we were visiting.

So, he told us that anyone could set up their computer display to show a folder of photos from several minutes to one hour to 1 day on a rotation basis. The display parameters are different for the different computer set ups. So, most have the personalization tab on the settings notation.

With the personalization tab selected, there are steps to use to set up the display folder and the successive photos you want to show on the big screen rotation. For a daily calendar rotation, select the number of photos from a particular file. but, only those will show up on the large screen. If the photos selected are not in a folder by themselves, what ever is in that folder will be in the rotation. So, each month is not limited to one photo like a normal calendar.

Jnaki

Why settle for just 12 photos, one per month, when you can see the photos you have taken all year of hot rods only or select another folder of family photos only. The wide choice is yours. It is a pure custom application built in to everyone’s computer, even laptops.
    upload_2021-11-29_3-50-23.png
    This is one that my wife took and I put it on my laptop screen. It was big…
    upload_2021-11-29_3-52-16.png
    These are part of the rotation of old 1967 photos from way back then. A rotating history of our old, up the coast, road trips from So Cal to the SF Bay Area and beyond.

If you experiment and make a mistake, just change it back to what you had before you started the make over. With most homes having a large screen TV, the wi-fi connection and access to the home computer programs, then the connection is there. All you have to do is to set it up to show which folder the computer has access to and will broadcast it onto your large screen tv.

Since the computer screen saver portion is in full swing, there should be the date showing, if needed. But, the wide array of photos should be enough of a change every day or however you set it up. We all have access to this service on our computers and home connections.

Instead of a changing array of photos on the large screen, I have been watching my old color movies from the J NAKI You Tube channel. No blurriness with the larger screen for those old digital converted drag racing films.

So what do we have at our home? We have been old style folks. From the time we were very little in the 50s, we have had a fish tank full of different colorful fish. Since we have a Roku addition to our TV arsenal, the Roku home screen is a colorful moving fish display and it mesmerizes us as we get ready to select our shows. Instantly, it sends us back in time to those old stainless steel frames holding up the large glass aquariums with our selection of colorful fish. (including the mean old angel fish...)
    upload_2021-11-29_3-56-48.png
    The calendar rotation of photos stays on our laptops and home computers. YRMV

Recently, I have been using the "dark mode" and it is a fun way to see what is happening in a different light. It also relaxes the tired old eyes.
    upload_2021-11-29_3-58-6.png
    Latest screen shot: If a copy of the word processing folder is in a "dark mode" and you select RED as your typing color, you have an odd looking "orange glow" on a black background...

A different looking way to use your computer/laptop for calendar purposes.

Just Gary likes this.
  21. Their "business" was for years producing a free online digital magazine and is now covering car shows and doing car features via YouTube which is also for free for all to view. The merchandise is so they can afford to do that for people.

chevydeucewagon and Just Gary like this.
  22. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

23. Got mine in the mail from @travisfromkansas last week. I’m all set for 2022...or at least can know what day it is while looking at cool cars too.

Just Gary likes this.