Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration WELP ! I guess that’s it for the season !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VANDENPLAS, Nov 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter is my time to go over every inch of the drag coupe, fix, improve , polish. clean, find stuff in the shop because I forgot where I put it.;) Also snow removal, heating bills, cold and wind, dammit I hate winter.:mad:

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

3. Deuces

Deuces

Go Blue!.....:cool:;)

VANDENPLAS and 210superair like this.
  4. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

A2 for 8.5 years. Graduate degree from UofM. Only time that was bad was when Zero State was in town for the BIG GAME! I'd stay off of Stadium those Saturdays.

Funny story. Had to have the city come and shut off the water one of those weekends. The guy that showed up was not very happy. The plumber my wife hired got a good laugh out of it however, as he couldn't care less about the game. And he really enjoyed calling the guy back an hour or so into the game to come turn it back on.

loudbang, Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  5. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I lived in aa for years. I'm actually an emu grad because I used to be a teacher, so you know, emu is the education school. Something like 87% of Michigan teachers have had at least one class at emu. I taught at aa pioneer a few years tho, good school.

There's a saying about um grads tho:

You know how to tell if someone went to um?

They'll tell you within 10 minutes to f meeting them....

Lol

6. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

here in beautiful n. ca. we we just have fall , spring , and smoke nowadays . did rain nice 2 days in oct. . but i think thats it for the year !!

Lil32, Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Simply divide by 2.5 for a good estimate and join the rest of the world! LOL. That’s what I do as I think in Imperial but had to teach in metric. Metric is by far the better system but it’s hard to transplant from what you learn as a kid...

Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  8. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

So unless it’s some type of security situation can you tell us what “aa” and “emu” are?

9. Canada has the most bastardized system of measurement out of any country in the world it’s 1/2 standard 1/2 metric

20 lite pail of fluid ? No 5 gallon bucket !!!
    It’s 32* Celsius…… WHATS THAT IN Ferenheigjt ?
    5/8ths 16 mm

on n on and on construction and machine shops still run on the imperial system up here, when we get stuff from China or Europe we need to convert it from metric so we can understand !!

metric is by far an easier system to use, but being neighbours with you dang Yankees we will never get away from it

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  10. :rolleyes::D Didn’t you Aussies loose a war to these bad ass birds :p

Deuces likes this.
  11. Need 2 measuring tapes to build buildings here in Canada as drawings mix both ,imperial and metric

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. Deuces

Deuces

Not that I know off.....o_O:rolleyes:

Lil32 and VANDENPLAS like this.

13. 1B7A6130-4430-48E8-A7FA-4092C10DD795.png

14. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Well it is the best in Michigan. At least all um grads will tell you that also within another 30 seconds!

And let's not forget that State isn't even a close 2nd! But I'm biased... And opinionated!

VANDENPLAS, 210superair and Deuces like this.
  15. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Aa= Ann Arbor home of the University of Michigan, and emu= Eastern Michigan University. U of M is a great engineering school, EMU is pretty much tops for teaching.

Now keep an eye out for the men in black and dark glasses...

Deuces, VANDENPLAS and 210superair like this.
  16. I don't know about anyone else, but mine just sit on the ice. :eek:

17. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

well i learned somthing today ! im just not sure what .

18. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

out here on the west coast we keep our emu s reigned in .

19. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

This far into the thread I've forgotten what I intended to say so...

That's a pretty nice Dodge you have! :D

Deuces, VANDENPLAS, rdscotty and 2 others like this.
  20. 270C157E-7353-4285-BA26-251CDD09A012.gif

21. rdscotty

rdscotty
    from red deer

Still lucky here. A group of us went for a cruise today for lunch. Went to Cow Lake Store/ Grandview Stage southwest of Rocky Mountain House. About a 250 km (150 mi) round trip.

Had some excitement on the way home. We were down to 4 cars due to people splitting off. About 5 miles from my home, we were behind a tractor trailer, 1 daily driver then us. An oncoming crew cab 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup drifted into our lane and hit the semi truck corner to corner. Pickup guy hurt, but alive. Highway completely covered in debris and closed. If he had drifted 3-6 seconds later, he likely would have killed one of us.

Attached Files:

22. Davesblue50

Davesblue50

Down here we get grass stains. Damn.

23. Deuces

Deuces

What happened to the snow???...:confused:;) 2c87bf9ce80c48ee87013bcd14907a01.jpg

24. sposed to get into the 50's here yet this week, I'll take advantage of it and drive somethin old...

25. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Here it's really not even the snow. I put mine up because come fall, there's deer everywhere around here. I've dodged 3 in my dd so far this year. I live lakefront, and the entire lake is basically surrounded by woods and corn fields, so the amount of deer near my place is nuts. And I don't wanna hit one in the shoebox.

I took the garbage out to the street in the dark a few weeks ago and couldn't see my hand in front of face. Right across the street I hear a deer start stomping hoofs and snorting. To say I b-lined it back into the garage would be an understatement.... Lol

26. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW!

27. A-fucking-men

28. Whoever wrote that song "it's the most wonderful time of the year" apparently wasn't a car guy, and he was also an idiot.

29. There's a story that an old eastern Montana cowboy died ant went to Hell.
    The old cowboy was moping his brow and the Devel said "a little to hot for you"
    The old cowboy said he'll it's just another spring day in Eastern Montana.
    The Devil went over turned the heat to max. "How about now"?
    He'll the old cowboy said " just a
    Nother summer day in Eastern Montana".
    The devil was pissed and shut every thing down and he'll froze over. "What do ya think now"? Bob Cats beat the Grizzlies?
    Old rivalry.

Truckdoctor Andy and VANDENPLAS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.