Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Turkey Run?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Anyone making plans for the Turkey Run in Daytona?

dd198baa-28f3-40ab-8e36-26aed9c2db06.jpg

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

It's been over 15 years,from my last trip up to Daytona for TRR,had fun each time in the passed.
    I loved looking at the tons of cool stuff,but the last time took a toll on my lags n back,so a scooter would of been great,something I failed to do,an I should of !
    The cars are amazing,and used parts of all types nearly unlimited.
    I'm not likely too go again,do too my age n what has to be done at home.
    This show n swop only gets bigger n better every year.
    So too any one thinking about going,do it!!!!!
    Don't miss out,it is the super star of shows n parts sales of USA/n all theWorld.
    Too big to see all in a day.

3. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Car is not quite ready so not this year,I only had three years to get it done since I fried the trans there in 2018.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like Homer Smith and the nice ladies from the convent are going.
    (Lilies of the Field)

dd198baa-28f3-40ab-8e36-26aed9c2db06.jpg

:D

5. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

ill be there thurs am to sun ,, look for a 27 tudor traditional flatty and fenderless red primer w green doors ,moons , pop built most of it before passing ,i finally got it on the road about 2 mos ago .be there with bells on ,, cant wait for good times with friends ,combing the swap meet (looking for a behive oil filter) its a big show and a good time ..
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I’m sure there will be plenty of folks with the turkey runs Thursday night.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Moedog07

Moedog07

We were staying in Port Orange but we just got the news our lodging is canceled. Apparently the previous renters showed out and the owner says she is canceling all reservations temporarily. When traveling we bring our two dogs. So far it is not easy to find reasonably priced back up place that accommodates dogs. Just a slight vent...

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. It's definitely a spectacle and worthwhile. You always see people you haven't seen in a while. Unfortunately, I'm on call with the city garage, that week and can't leave the city limits. Most of my car club will be there, cruising through the swap meet, looking for deals.

9. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

I'll be there Friday and Saturday in my 37 fordor police car.

HOTRODPRIMER and dana barlow like this.
  10. 5 miles from my Shop...

11. chopped

chopped

Know how old I am when it's been 20 years since I've been there. Always had a good time.

12. Koz

Koz

Been on my list for years now but never made it. Oh well, maybe next year.....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Definately next year for me.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. 6sally6

6sally6

I've never been but......heard some great stories about it!
    Is it as good as Cruis'in the Coast ? Along the 'Redneck Riviera'/Gulf Coast
    6sally6?

chryslerfan55 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. AGELE55

AGELE55

I’ll be driving down late Friday or zero dark thirty on Saturday. My only motor head offspring is coming in from AZ ! Took me four tries to produce a motor head …lol

16. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Are you coming down Danny? A friend of mine is using my swap meet space this year and I will only be there Friday. I get to walk the whole swap instead of sitting in my space trying to sell the same old junk. The weather looks perfect.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and hotrodA like this.
  17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I was hoping being in Ohio was just a bad dream and I would wake up in Florida this morning but no it did not happen.

chryslerfan55, pprather and AGELE55 like this.
  18. AGELE55

AGELE55

CRAP. DAMN. SHEEEE..IT…
    Fired up the 55 today at 05:00 to head down to Daytona. We made it 12 miles and used 1/4 tank of gas! AFR gauge reading about “9”ish…SUPER RICH. Aaaaaaaarg…. Doubled back home and she died 100 yards from the garage. Went and grabbed the P/U and pulled it home. REALLY? TODAY it wants to croak…. REALLY?
    So, we took the kids rental Nissan. This was NOT how planned it. Did I mention CRAP…DAMN…SHEEE..IT

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Did anyone go since I have not seen any pictures yet.

20. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Walked the swap from 7:40AM until about3:30. It seemed as big as ever but sadly the early parts getting really thin. I hear they have a car show too, but I never get over to that half of the infield.

Lee

21. AGELE55

AGELE55

Yes, we walked the swap area from around 8:30ish to 2:30. Car corral & show after that until after 4. Around 4 lots of cars firing up and heading out to town for dinner no doubt. It was getting pretty crowded by midday. We found a few OT parts and goodies. You simply cannot see it all in a single day, and my old ass was dragging pretty hard by the time we got back to the car. Maybe next time I’ll set up a lawn chair on the exit lane around 4 and watch the parade go by..

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I space out the swapmeet over 3 days so its not too tiring.

AGELE55 likes this.
  23. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I was so SAD not to be able to go this year and last year because of crossing the border issues due to covid regulations & restrictions. I have it on my list again for next year, Hopefully all this SHIT will be gone.

chryslerfan55, pprather and AGELE55 like this.
  24. AGELE55

AGELE55

So after yesterday's ordeal, I turn the key this morning and it lights off instantly. Still showed a little rich at idle (AFR=13) and super rich at 2-3000 rpm (AFR=9) Fuel pressure reading way high around 10psi. I turned the fuel down to 5 psi. Idling well (AFR=14.5) and at the 3K rpm AFR= 14. Prior to shutdown, the fuel psi settled in at 3psi... WTF OVER?
    I had previously set the fuel to 5.5. I never swapped out the psi gauge and now thinking I'm chasing a bad reading? I have a Holley regulator and it can't seem to hold a steady pressure. I guess I'll buy a gauge and see what happens...

25. Driver50x

Driver50x

I was there Thursday through Saturday. The place was definitely hopping. On Saturday it was almost too crowded to walk around anywhere. There was quite a bit of cruising and many spectators every evening along Atlantic Avenue in the Pier area. The cops didn’t seem to mind a quick squeal of the tires, but they were pulling people over who did a smokey burnout.

chryslerfan55 and AGELE55 like this.
  26. gregsmy

gregsmy
    from Florida

A good friend and I used to do the car show circuit in FL in our younger years and would usually go to Daytona every 3-4 years. He wanted to go and take his 8yo son and I thought it would be a good thing to go and help out. Also I was hoping to come across a 35-36 ford truck to get some measurements from. Mentioned it to my 17yo daughter that I was going and did she want to go too. Totally shocked when she said yes. She likes cars, but not a motor head by any means. We went on Friday and it was busy with lots to see. If you factored in waiting in line for food its all you can do to take one lap around the place in a day and look at the things your interested in. If you want to do the swap meet and vendor areas in depth you need at least 2 days. But it certainly was nice to see everything.

27. TCATTC

TCATTC

I haven't missed one since the early 90's

28. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Many people watch the exit lane

Busted Knuckles likes this.
  29. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Beware of fuel pressure gauges that creep with heat soak, and I've fought regulators that don't want to stay put.

chryslerfan55 and AGELE55 like this.
  30. so I guess no one took a camera...

verno30 likes this.