Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects WIW 32 3w body/project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Evolution, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

Hi I purchased a few years ago and shipped it to the UK

i was going to build it but i got storage issues and other projects

its a good solid body, chopped and channelled siting on what i believe is an aftermarket frame, rear 1/4’s need attention and has a homemade firewall

its not perfect by no means, but has great potential in the right hands

has extra parts with it such as grill, spare 1/4 deck lid window garnishes 9” and is registered in the UK

what would todays rough value be please? Thanks

Attached Files:

rusty valley and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. JimSibley

JimSibley

I would think, in america it would be a 20-25000$ project. I have a car in almost the exact condition. I have been offered 25 for it in the last year or so. I turned the guy down, so I may be a little low. F0E89D5D-B04F-44C7-A395-0FC8FB68015C.jpeg

3. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

looking at yours, wants me to keep and build it, thanks for the info I appreciate it

cactus1 likes this.
  4. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Wtf! What other projects trump a 3 window?

deathrowdave and Kiwi 4d like this.

5. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

Yes true but i have a 68 charger R/T I'm half way through, the extra cash will help, i know ill kick my self down the roaf

nochop and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. brady1929

brady1929

Don't sell it, you will regret it.

cactus1 and Hollywood-East like this.
  7. Mo rust

Mo rust

In my opinion, it deserves to be built right so unless you plan to have time to do it right in the next couple of years, sell it to someone who will build it.

8. Sell it. Get the Charger done. 32 3Ws are kinda like the city buses of the hot rod world. If you miss the first one, wait a bit, there'll be another along later. There's probably more 32's floating around out there than Ford made. Bet that can't be said about that Charger. Plus it'll drive/handle and ride better too. Win-win all around.

9. JimSibley

JimSibley

Wow. We are on the greatest traditional hotrod forum that there is. I love the dukes of hazard as much as anyone, but a real deal 32 ford 3w is the coolest hotrod of all times. Just saying.

10. Then selling it for maximum dollars should be a piece of cake. The world should beat a path to his door.

11. rusty valley

rusty valley

you can buy a 32 3w any time you want to if you want a done deal driving 75-100k car. projects dont come up for sale very often.

12. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I've had several '68 and '69 Chargers and still have my '70 Challenger but honestly those cars don't stroke me the way they used to. I understand the dude having the same sentiment in reverse and if I got real serious about selling the Challenger I might be inclined to ask on a message board where folks have their finger on the pulse of the market.

I can't answer your value question, but good luck finding a buyer. :cool:

13. clem

clem

@JimSibley
    is probably spot on with his prices, (depending on how much goes with it), although I suspect you know that.
    The question is, what did you pay for it, and how much do need out of it to be happy, - do you need to realise a profit ?
    Ask yourself those questions and you will get close to answering the question in post one !

14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

A 5W obviously! LOL

Jibs, nochop, cactus1 and 2 others like this.
  15. GeeRam

GeeRam

That last point is the super critical one as you no doubt aware, especially with the way the DVLA are being a lot more strict about projects and imports and identity etc.
    Still difficult to accurately price in the UK though.
    A box of bits and a valid V5C for the box of bits is probably worth £2-3k alone.
    I would think £10-12k at least as a project with a V5C, maybe more. You'd probably be best to advertise it with the VHRA.
    I can understand the possible desire to sell with a '68 Charger R/T resto in the works......in the UK, a '68 Charger R/T done well, is a more valuable and desirable vehicle so from a point of view of keeping money in your pocket, its understandable. And the MMA is a big and very active club to have fun with.