Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hotrods vs trailer queens

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Karl_William, Nov 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl_William

Karl_William

A show car has a Small block Chevy in the front and a tub of wax in the back.

A hotrod has a flathead in the front and a box of tools in the back.

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

3. Karl_William

Karl_William

Exactly

Deuces likes this.
  4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Mine has a chevy in front but still gets driven a lot. I do carry tools for the long hauls.

5. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

My hot rod doesn't have a SBC or a flatty. But it's still a hot rod and it gets drove.

6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

A lot more in a week than most drive all year. Hopefully drag week comes back closer to home so I can see you race. Maybe next year.

mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  7. twenty8

twenty8

The answer we have all been waiting for..........We won't have to argue and debate over this any more. Happy days.
    If only you had shown up with the answer earlier. We have all wasted so much time............o_Oo_Oo_O

8. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My hot rod has a Hemi in the back.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The main "show car" fancy trailered car around here is a 67 Mustang that the owner never drives on the street because he thinks it is too valuable. He tows it with a 70K+ F350 in a 20K plus enclosed trailer but only drives the car a few hundred feet to it's show spot and back to the trailer.
    Almost all of the other trailered cars are rat rods that do not have registration or plates, no insurance and could not pass even the most lame state inspection.
    I'm always amazed that guys who love to badmouth cars with Chevy V8 engines in them never show you a photo of their own car running and driving and you never usually see a photo of any car they allegedly own at all. They just parade around in their greasy non Chevy T shirt and badmouth.

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Next up, Ford vs Chevy.

11. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

Red or Black ? If a car isn't all steel and it's fiberglass is it still a car ? Just asking . Lol

12. Chevy , Ford , Mopar or whatever powered , just drive the dang things and enjoy them. !!!!!

13. Seems like I heard/read somewhere that John Force called his race car a "Hot Rod"..yet, it is trailered to and from events across the country..how can that be?

Tman, bchctybob, Joe Blow and 5 others like this.
  14. jim snow

jim snow

X2. Snowman ⛄️

15. adam401

adam401

My cars get trailered almost everywhere and are always flathead powered.

Joe Blow and Love_The_Lifestyle like this.
  16. Karl_William

Karl_William

I may gotten the wording s little off, but at least one of you got the joke. Good job fastcar!

17. I play on the streets. For years I drove the coupe to the drag strips, raced and drove her home. Now I do trailer to the track most of the time. And yea, there is a chevy block up front. Lets race!

Joe Blow and Just Gary like this.
  18. indyjps

indyjps

I think it's flip flipped over the years with flatheads. Oh well.
    I'm happy for anyone with a project that's road worthy, how they decide to use it is up to them.

19. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

No flat head to be found. And driven regularly.

Attached Files:

bchctybob, '34 Ratrod and VANDENPLAS like this.
  20. While “ boring “ or “ belly button “ . The tried and true 350,350 -9” combo is bulletproof economical way to get good reliable horsepower. Is it “ boring” yeah sure.
    But it’s still a heap of fun when you mash the loud pedal. So who cares.!!!!!!

I’m all for flatheads , in-line 6’s and all the other traditional engines that can be built up. But nothing wrong with a tried and true recipe.

ive seen all sorts of trailer queens , everything from super rare mid ‘teen cars to modern Japanese imported “ rare cars” new vettes etc. Like I said in my last post

JUST DRIVE THEM !!!!!!

21. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

If Henry Ford had the small block Chevy engine, he would of used it.

joel, bchctybob, milwscruffy and 3 others like this.
  22. squirrel

squirrel

kinda funny this popped up, right after I took a picture for some other discussion....

but it's a big block chevy, not a flathead. I keep cans of lots of different things in trunk with the tools, but no wax.

miles.jpg

23. wvenfield

wvenfield

Where can I buy wax in tubs?

24. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

Chevy in one, flathead in the other, tools in both. Some spare parts too. DSCN1466.JPG

25. CycleTech

CycleTech
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is Hot Rods, then there is BADASS Hot Rods
    dragweek_day1_web_024joel.jpeg

26. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Not exactly what he said..but close enough. Fred Offenhauser

27. I've been driving my old beater w/t a sbc for 33 years plus, it certainly is not a show car and the car is still sporting for the most part the 1962 black paint job, thus no wax to be found.

If a member want's to haul his car on a trailer it's none of my business, some people enjoy the building more than driving their cars. HRP

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.