Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Your worst car insult by someone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

My 1958 Chevy Belair had a 348 engine. When I popped the hood, someone said,
    "That's a truck motor."

2. In the 50s someone would walk up to you while setting at the drive inn and ask
    "Anyone hurt in this wreck" the response was " only your sister and she got knocked up".

SS327, mad mikey, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  3. The 348/409 were originally truck motors.

4. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

"What did you paint that with,a Broom" is one ive heard before.

Deuces likes this.
  5. Why isn't it shiny? Is that a Ford? Did you drive it here?

mad mikey, Okie Pete and chevy57dude like this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is!

SS327, mad mikey, seabeecmc and 3 others like this.
  7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Is that one of them old Mustangs? ( 2 - 20ish old kids)

AHotRod Glenn's Coupe.jpg

mad mikey, Deuces, Okie Pete and 2 others like this.
  8. ROBRAM

ROBRAM

Where's the rest of it?

billybones and Deuces like this.
  9. outagas1961

outagas1961

washing my ot but old 70 AMC ambassador SST 2 door in my drive , a kid about 10 or so rides up and says "my dad said to tell you, nice roadrunner" i just said "thanks"

Deuces, Okie Pete and Turnipseed like this.
  10. Cold Canuck

Cold Canuck
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to be into AMCs. I had Rebels, Javelins and a couple 68 AMXs over 25 years. Everyone complimented me on my Mustang (Javelin), my Charger or Roadrunner (68 Rebel SST) or my Shelby (68 AMXs - must have been the stripes). None of that bothered me because they were not "Hobbyists". I would not correct them unless they stopped and started a conversation about the car. Even then I was always kind and did not talk down to them. They just wanted to express their appreciation for the car in front of them, and their description was their best "guess" from their limited knowledge about cars.

What DID bother me was the "expert" car guys at shows that would tell me my 390 AMC v8 was a Ford design or block (its not). Or that AMC never made anything of their own. Some would tell me what a piece of crap they were and thats why AMC never sold very many. When I encountered these blowhards ....... I was not always kind to them.

slayer, WalkerMD, Stan Back and 4 others like this.
  11. 327Eric

327Eric

They are piles of crap. I got that all the time when I drove my 64 American. Doors fell off, engines blew up and fell out, rear ends fell out. Usually later in the conversation it was a 50 dollar rust bucket they bought, or they never checked the oil, or my favorite was the POS the engine fell out of After a day if boony crashing, and jumping a railroad crossing. Poor little thing didn't stand a chance.

12. RRanchero Rick

RRanchero Rick

one guy said about my ride- "That truck is a 50 footer." I said, "ya, just like your face."

13. What did his girlfriend look like

jimmy six and Deuces like this.
  14. RRanchero Rick

RRanchero Rick

His girlfriend has cured many peeping toms.

15. I had some nose-picker at a cruise night ask me if my 355 Chevy engine was a 502 crate motor... I said you know your engines bud....

J. A. Miller, Deuces and mad mikey like this.
  16. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

From what I've read , that's what they were developed for ?

17. Daddy Deville

Daddy Deville

18. CycleTech

CycleTech
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That right there is over the moon classy! For an Impala!;););)

dan31, SS327, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  19. Is that one of those kit cars? Yea, you can order them on amazon!:rolleyes:

Deuces, Papas32 and AHotRod like this.
  20. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

I passed a Kelvinator like this a couple days ago, looked very original and cherry, pastel green in color

[​IMG]

21. RT468

RT468

Still living with my parents at the time,in my late teens. Was cutting the front lawn. Two old guys pull up in a Sanford & Sons pickup and say they'll haul away the junk car next to the garage for free ,right then and there. That "junk"car was my tagged and daily driven just slightly OT yet still an ongoing project.
    Slightly older still living at home had a 64 Vette convertible that was butchered in to a drag car. Where it sat in the driveway it could be seen from either the front or adjacent side street. Working in the garage with the doors open and a couple of people come down the driveway to ask about the electric VW kit car with oversized tires. That stung a bit. Even with my temper at the time I replied politely ,at least for me anyway, " NFS and I'm busy no time to talk".

22. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

First time at the track with my Cobra,
    A girl asked me what it was running,
    I said high 13’s
    She said “well at least it’s pretty”

dan31, SS327, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  23. On my first chopped carson top 39 ford tub (4 Dr. Conv) a kid came up to me in a gas station and asked me "Is that an Army Tank?"
    [​IMG]

dan31, Lil32, mad mikey and 1 other person like this.
  24. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I took my steel 3 window to a show and got asked if it was a BeBop,s body.

Deuces likes this.
  25. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Yeah, but I didn't want to hear it! :D

Deuces likes this.
  26. das858

das858

In 1977 I was test driving my first torqueflight rebuild on a slightly o/t '66 Plymouth Satellite when a carload of a -holes pulls up beside me and one of them says " my buddy had one of those " and I say o yaa thinking we're going to have a good conversation , when he says " It was a real dog " I return with "the only dog I see around here is you pal " . The chase is on then , I hit a side street and am waiting for traffic to clear when one of the guys gets out and throws a full beer at us from about 75 yards away and hits my front fender , leaving a round dent in it ! They chase us across Lincoln Nebraska, where I hit about 110 mph and loose this group of 5 wanting to kick me and my buddies asses .

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    mad mikey and Deuces like this.
  27. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

#1- A buddy of mine has a stunning chopped 34 2 door sedan with the greyhound hood ornament. No lie, a woman at a local cruise told him she loved his Jaguar !!!
    #2- At another cruise night a girl told my brother she liked his Dune buggy !!! A 32 5-window coupe.

Deuces, Lil32 and mad mikey like this.
  28. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scan0027.jpg you're putting THAT in the car show???

Lloyd's paint & glass and Deuces like this.
  29. FRANK GRELLE

FRANK GRELLE

Went through the same once,with my 1954 ,150, 2 door

Deuces likes this.
  30. FRANK GRELLE

FRANK GRELLE

I have gotten the question of is that a Checker?,and What is that? some kinda 58 Caddy? ,...Why dose it not have a back seat? ( i was running with out it at one time) and thay were amazed when i informed that it did not come with one....lol (i was not lying my back seat was added at a dealer.) and I HATE! hearing the dreaded "Nice rat rod!" or "love the patina!",..... Now the best was my 1st cruse night with the car ever,it was in gray primer, and some gold chained, Boyd Cottington want to be, looks at it and says "what a peace of crap its not even painted"....of coarse i am sure he probably has a guy at the garage change his spark plugs in his fiberglass kit car ,cause cause he is afraid to get dirt on his hands ,lol

Deuces and TrailerTrashToo like this.