Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Kanter Auto Products

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Karl_William, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Karl_William

Karl_William

Anybody done businesses with these guys? Are they legit? They advertise everything I need, are their engine rebuild parts quality?

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

They have been in business for a long time. Had parts for my old 291 DeSoto Hemi I would have no problem using them .

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

In fact I had a 1941 Plymouth business coupe and I was happy to find a company that carried suspension parts etc.

4. Karl_William

Karl_William

Cool. I checked them out on BBB even though they're not rated by BBB they still list complaints. I only see 3 in the last 3 yrs. Two of the complaints seemed like a couple of asshats. Thanks for the reply.

5. Karl_William

Karl_William

Are the parts quality Chinese? I mean at least the same quality I'd expect from Chinese parts at O'Reilly's for our daily drivers?

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

They have rebuild services as well . At that time it was quality parts and pieces . I would not want to steer you wrong ever but I would go to them before any parts store other than if it was old stock Moog parts . I don’t thing all Moog parts quality level are the same now . Maybe the top level of Moog . I am sure some hambers will give you other options today too . The good old days are just that , unfortunately.

7. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

I had them rebuild a couple fuel pumps several years ago. one was a Crosley and the other a Nash Both looked great and worked like they should.

8. 58oldsmobile88

58oldsmobile88

Got a 56 Buick water pump from em about 4 years ago still on the car.

9. Karl_William

Karl_William

They got a deluxe rebuild kit for 410MEL, seems to have just about every part needed in the kit. The kit is around 2k, just want to be sure before committing to anything. They do seem to be the only one around that has such a complete kit.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  10. I've never personally used them, but had friends who did quite often. Never heard any complaints from those guys over the years. Both friends were big time Packard guys so they were pretty particular about parts. 11252021.jpg

11. catdad49

catdad49

Used them many years ago for a completed brake rebuild on my '64 Vette, everything worked as it should. They seemed to have things for about any vintage car out there, glad to see that they are still in business!

12. I have ordered parts from them, they shipped them down here, no problems with their stuff and service, they have been around since Adam was a boy.

13. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I bought a complete front end rebuild kit from them. A couple of the tie rod sleeves had metric fasteners but everything fit and was good quality by today's standards.

14. I will not order from them unless they are the only ones that have what I need.
    About fifteen years or so ago I ordered new front coil springs for my '37 Cadillac from them, I knew that this was a special order part and would take a log time but they said they have the spec sheet on them and could have them made. After three months or so, I called to see what the story was. They said they are having problems and it would take longer. I had paid in full at the time of order, something $300 to $500 if I remember, anyway it was a lot of money. Called back in another couple of months and they said they still needed more time but that could get the springs made. I let it go for another couple of months and called again, This time they said "oh, we can not make those, we don't have the specs on them" I did get my money back but I got the feeling that they would have never told me they gave up on making the springs if I did not call.
    So, I did get my money back (after the better part of a year) but I just think they did not give good customer service.

egads, loudbang and Karl_William like this.
  15. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

recently purchased rear drums and shoes for my 52, very good parts, well packaged and on time, would use again.

16. 41fastback

41fastback

I've used them many times. Never a problem. Mostly for parts you can't get anywhere else.

17. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

They are pioneers in sourcing restoration parts for antiques.

Feelings are real but they are not fact

18. 8133B0C5-D451-44F2-AA36-DD3C7C9D2CEF.png 6AC961E0-02BB-44A2-8C4C-F4661C067BF4.png Northern Auto Parts Warehouse lists a master engine kit for the 1966-67 Ford 410 for less than 500 bucks. Brand name parts, great service.

AHotRod and Budget36 like this.
  19. I bought a water pump for my Caddy mill from them over 30 years ago and it's still pumping with no leaks

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have used them for suspension parts I could not get locally.

21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

22. Karl_William

Karl_William

That's an FE 410 , Not MEL

23. Karl_William

Karl_William

I believe one of their kids operates an eBay store called Old Parts Source. Hopefully they'll keep it alive when these old timers give up the ghost.

24. I used Kanter's when I rebuilt the entire front suspension on the Ranch Wagon, the car has been on the road for 10 years now and I have not experienced any problem, I would use them again in a heart beat.

I bought the DeLuxe front suspension kit that included everything to make it like new. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  25. Karl_William

Karl_William

Nice!

26. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I used these guys when rebuilding a 53 Chrysler front end. Everything was shipped right away and some parts were in original MOPAR boxes (which I gave to a buddy and he still has them).

27. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I bought a front suspension rebuild kit from them and it worked well, no issues.

28. fuzzface

fuzzface

Like others that have posted I have used them many years ago and never had a problem. This was before they had the big fire and they lost a good chunk of their vintage original parts. I would resell their engine rebuild kits to other folks around here, I was buying them cheaper from them then the local mechanics could buy them from their suppliers.

Karl_William likes this.
  29. Karl_William

Karl_William

It's so nice to find a reputable dealer, they've gotten raving reviews on FB as well. Thanks guys.

lothiandon1940 likes this.