Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 24, 2021.

1. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

God bless all you lead foot TURKEY's ,smoke am if you can. :D

Stogy, Okie Pete, AVater and 9 others like this.
  2. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Spending it this year at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona ,Fl

3. Elcohaulic, alanp561, Stogy and 10 others like this.
  4. I'm thankful for you, @Ryan , the moderators, and all the work you all do.:cool:

And of course all my other hairy-legged HAMB friends.:D

Stogy, Okie Pete, AVater and 6 others like this.
  5. Deuces

Deuces

Gobble Gobble!....:confused::)

Stogy, Okie Pete, AVater and 7 others like this.
  6. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-11-25_5-24-6.png 1947 Pontiac Station Wagon

Hello,

Our story of those teenage Thanksgiving days were early dinners the day before and then taking off for Baja Mexico for 5 wonderful days of surfing vacations. Then, as those continued, we had to figure out when we would have the rest of the two families annual gatherings during the holidays.

The 327 powered Ford Sedan Delivery played a big part of the later decisions to gather for the whole extended family functions. Then the same sedan delivery played a part of the in house, parents only, dinners. The sedan delivery was roomy enough to transport just about anything necessary.

upload_2021-11-25_5-25-39.png
    Thinking of taking the train to the relatives houses for Thanksgiving, well, have a “station wagon” meet you at the train station to give you a cool ride to the gathering. The history of station wagons goes back to the days of train stations and the courtesy service that the train stations had. Hence the name, “Station Wagon.” But, in these modern times, if the stay is at a nearby resort hotel, perhaps they could send a station wagon for customer service.
    upload_2021-11-25_5-26-44.png
    So Cal: The Lido House, Lido Isle, Newport Beach, CA

Here in So Cal, the Amtrak does not allow dogs on the coastal train, so, this is the alternative to meeting and greeting the rest of the family at the big gathering. A cool station wagon for the whole family to come as you are in comfort and style.
    upload_2021-11-25_5-27-27.png
    Seating for eight inside, a slight rake with extra heavy air shocks... 1948 the last year for wood bodied, Pontiac Station Wagons, with Hydramatic transmission
    upload_2021-11-25_5-34-41.png
    Jnaki

The size of this old 1947 Pontiac Woody Station Wagon is larger than most full size SUV behemoths on the road today. (Escalade: 202 inches Range Rover 196” )
    upload_2021-11-25_5-35-58.png
    although it is a little lower and a “little cooler.”

Last Christmas, in reference to my dad’s obsession with Buick sedans throughout his life, I drew what I thought would have been a cool thing. It would have been fun to drive up to their house in the 60s with my brother, to show them what we created for him. All we knew from 1946 on, to the time we left the Westside of Long Beach house was a Buick sedan or two or three… 9, all accounted for in the timeline.

I thought the Buick was the coolest long Station Wagon. But the 1947 Pontiac Station Wagon had the extra metal front fender that made it look elegant and stately. IOHO
    upload_2021-11-25_5-37-30.png
    Last Christmas

Stogy, Okie Pete, AVater and 5 others like this.
  7. birdman1

birdman1

I have a lot to be thankful for, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you gearheads

Stogy, Okie Pete, Lil32 and 7 others like this.
  8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bring it on...:D:D:D:D
    [​IMG]
    ...and don't forget the traditional dessert:eek:;)
    [​IMG]

Stogy, Okie Pete, AVater and 12 others like this.
  9. 1940Willys

1940Willys

Have a DSCN8392.JPG Thankful Thanksgiving Hamber's I'm have'n Turkey

Just Gary, Stogy, Okie Pete and 9 others like this.
  10. Thank you so much, Ryan, for giving us this community. And thank you, fellow H.A.M.B.ers, for broadening my knowledge and entertaining me during some difficult challenges. I may yet get a hotrod on the road instead of just collecting dust in the garage.

Stogy, Okie Pete, AVater and 5 others like this.
  11. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang, Stogy, Okie Pete and 8 others like this.
  12. I’m thankful for my family and all my relatives. I’m also thankful for the H.A.M.B and all the people who make it work. And last but certainly not least I’m thankful to be able to go to car events again ( it’s about damn time!) Happy Thanksgiving you turkeys.;)

loudbang, Stogy, Okie Pete and 4 others like this.
  13. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope everyone's having a good one, or if (like me) you're sitting around on your ass with nothing to do, get something done on your hot rod. ;)

14. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

This ornery old buggar chased and charged me until I walloped him with a rake- the neighbors named
    him Rambo
    1.jpg 4.jpg

15. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

Interesting thought about today.....400 years ago a bunch of native Americans sat down with a bunch of illegal immigrants for a feast.... And here we are...

Fortunateson, Stogy, AVater and 8 others like this.
  16. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Many blessings to count...
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the extended family

loudbang, Stogy, Okie Pete and 5 others like this.
  17. Thanks, I had to educate myself with the term "the ick" and learned something new and an old dog a new trick, oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your extended family.

loudbang, Stogy, Okie Pete and 3 others like this.
  18. Truckedup

Truckedup

Home alone day...I am unable to swallow the foods of a traditional Thanksgiving, so sent the wife to party with the relatives...
    I am thankful to walk among the living..l

19. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

20. Deuces

Deuces

Same here.... Mom decided to do the social distance thing this year... It's bad here in s.e. Michigan...:(

21. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

22. My grandmother never cooked a turkey in her life, if we had turkey for Thanksgiving at my grandparents home it was up to one of the aunts to cook it, when she was a child she had a pet turkey, the story goes that there were no other kids around, she was a teenager by the time the turkey died. HRP

23. Blake 27

Blake 27

24. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy Thanksgiving Hambers
    I’m counting my many blessings

Just Gary, loudbang, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  25. jerry rigged

jerry rigged

And when the judge came into the courtroom with his seeing eye dog it was a case of "blind justice":p

26. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HThanks2018.jpg
    Regards, Stogy

Credit to All That Inspired This

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great day. Hope everyone had a good one too. Bob

28. Crocodile

Crocodile

My world has been a little turbulent over the past 14 or so months, but I still have lots to be Thankful for. One of those things, is getting to meet people and make new Friends (capitalized on purpose) and acquaintances by going to a small meet in Missouri. I heard about it here on the HAMB, and decided to take part in something 800 plus miles away.
    Amongst the normal things to be thankful for (health, my kids, friends, a decent job, etc.), I am thankful that this forum, this amazing place, led me to new people, and opened me up to expanding the adventures I will take part in as I move forward.
    Thank you everyone for bringing so much of the portion of the world I love to my attention and easy access. It is actually life changing for someone in "the middle of nowhere". At least, it is for me.