Register now to get rid of these ads!

The bare Naked Lady.. WRECKED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sawzall, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Clark

Clark

Watcha gonna do about Cumberland now??
    Clark

2. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

On the bright side, I'd say you're due for some good luck! :D

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thank god you are OK and the car can be fixed. That guy is very fortunate that I was not with you.

4. Bugman

Bugman

Wow, It really saddens me to hear this. at least you're ok

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Man,
    I hate to see all your hard work mistreated. I'd been pissed. Glad no one was hurt. Yep, our lives can change at a Blink of an eye. Stay the course it'll be new again.

6. butch27

butch27

ILLEGAL! ILLEGALS!!! That's what they all say here in Michigan " I Pay You Cash" Probabley no drivers license ( the case most of the time- No insurance - wrong license plates, etc etc. Hey : we have to abide by the laws and have our rods checked and all of the other bullshit. I'm am sooo tired of this shit. Sorry to rant; but I live in Michigan.

7. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Jeff,you should have whipped his ass with your $1 swap meet antenna:D .

8. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That... is horrible. On the bright side I heard this guy Skratch is super generous. You should shoot him a PM - I bet he'd fly out and fix the whole mess for free. :) (sorry everybody, I really couldn't resist.)

Seriously, as the guy on the bad end of a couple accidents with non-insured motorists I know how you feel. Wish I could help but nothing I own even comes close to fitting that car.

You should go after the guy - it's total bullshit. Don't know how it works in your state but at my hearing the person was made to pay for all damages before they could hold a license. Took several years but I actually got my money. You'll be suprised at what the law will uphold if you just show interest. Too many people just shrug and walk when they're forced to deal with uninsured motorists.

9. fatabone

fatabone

I bet she'll be fenderless...maybe the dirt track look:D

I was just telling a guy today how nice this car looked. He has a 46 Chevy for sale...should I call him and ask if he has any extra parts?

It does suck but seeing how you are with metal I bet it'll be back in shape soon.

10. Muttley

Muttley

Go outside and smash something...........it might not help but it sure is fun.

11. This was a messed up day...

tok

12. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

way to take it so well man...i'd have chased him back to mexico with a fucking tire iron!

maybe you shoulda seen how much cash he actually had...might have been funded by some white powdery substance

13. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

your alot more calm than i would have been. i might have been on my way to jail after i beat his worthless ass into the ground. he must have been driving with his eyes closed to hit you like that. no excuse for it. thats gonna be a bitch to fix too. good luck. i'd prolly sue his ass just out of principle.

14. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

If you have a clean title, Don't use your insurance.. I made that mistake, now I have a salvage title.

- Joe

15. sawzall

sawzall

kevin.. your right.. I should have.. hey at least the radio still works..(i think)

Clark..

I'll prep the 40 for cumberland this week.. and I'll bring it, rather than the chevy on saturday.. cathie will bring ellie in the late model.. I will not let this ruin the only vacation I am really going to have this year..

JR..

if you could check on a fender that would be great.. front or rear.. driver side.. I have other fender extensions. and the quarter I think will work out.. (with some finesse)

If not I know where there are several parts cars, I'll be calling about in the morning..

I am really happy nothing happened to my door.. as I just got it from ratrodder and it is nice..

the quarter panel that is dented had some "lead" in it from the 40's or 50's so maybe it was doomed from the start..

and I'll prohably replace the one rear rim just on principle..

16. sawzall

sawzall

good imput.. . thanks..

17. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Illegals are pretty judgement proof, and the odds he has a genuine license in his own name are pretty slim. Just aint worth the hassle.

18. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

sorry to read this man
    glad you guys are alright

zach

19. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

I'd bet the mofo is in the wind already.

You won't necessarily get a salvage title if forced to use your uninsured coverage; work with your agent.

20. skyrodder

skyrodder

i agree that people need to have insurance.. But all illegals are not only from Mexico ... It does suck what happened and I hope that that person at fault get what he deserves... trust me here in Houston its the same. My wifes car was hit by an Illegal and of course no ins. but the guy was so scared that i would call the cops I made him drive me to his house with a carlaod of my freinds following and had him pay me 3,000 Cash.. and he did...

21. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I agree with Skyrodder^^^^^^^^
    I live in Houston as well and its an epidemic! I have yet to hear of anyone I know having a wreck in the past 8 years where the other person had insurance!!!! At least the guy didn't get out and run. I had my daily t-boned and totalled, and the dude took off on foot. I'm not a racist but you can guess which race he was.

Sorry to hear about your shitty day. Hope tomorrows better.
    Look at the bright side, Tokyo made some new friends in that hood.

22. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Damn. I hate to see stuff like this.

23. Damn those "No insurance", dudes can remove a fender faster than anybody!
    It does look like a lot of repair but it coud have been even worse I suppose...sorry to see this......

24. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Damn.:(

Sorry Jeff

If we can do anything, or find ya any parts, let me know.

Damn.:mad:

25. I got you covered, Come pick the stuff up tomarrow night...

26. plmczy

plmczy

Jeezus Jeff, sorry to hear that happened but glad to see no one was hurt. I can't believe you were calm about that, I woulda kick the shit out of him if that was me. If you can fix that back fender, I'll call you GOD! later shawn

27. keith089

keith089

One answere..Prozac

28. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Man i am sorry that happend!
    I had just finshied a VW bus i was working on for 5 years and it got taken (shipped out of the USA) is what the cops think
    All that time and work and never got to drive it. !958 23 window bus.

29. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

30. Like they all said - that sucks.

Looks like you've got your own "Look what I did this weekend" thread.