Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Scam. How do they do it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frames, Nov 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Car is for sale for $10,000
    Buyer pays you $15,000 in the form of a check ($10,000 for the car, $5,000 for shipping)
    You ship the car and pay the shipper $5,000
    After a few weeks, the original check comes up fake
    You are now out the car and $5,000 of your own money

Boneyard51 likes this.
  2. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

Take the check down to the "working girls" on the corner some night. If anyone can cash it for the allocated funds, it would be one of those girls, for sure. You have to be careful when having the bank checking the check. They might just pull up your account and when they see that you have enough to cover the amount of the check they will tell you it is OK. to deposit.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

every line is off angle

4. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

Because it is for more than the purchase price. 99.999% of the time, a check for more than the purchase price is a scam.

Truck64, ClarkH and Budget36 like this.
  5. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I had a friend get scammed the exact same way! The only difference was he had almost nothing , so the scammer only got a small amount from him, but it was everything he had. Had the scammer known he was broke , the scammer would have broke it off!
    No amount of me talking to him would convince him it was a scam! One thing that stood out was he looked like ten miles of bad roads and his new “ girlfriend “ looked like a “ ten” ! Lol Like the man said “there’s a sucker born every minute “ !

Bones

Truck64 likes this.
  6. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got another one today....here it is word for word.. once I asked for postal money order the fucker disappeared.......Ok I will pay you extra $100 to keep it off market and consider sold to me I will need your name and address for certified check to be made out and mailed As soon as it arrives and clears I'll have it picked up....That was the payment bs ..getting old but they prey still.. Beware ....

Irish Mike likes this.
  7. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok. I just had to have some fun with this scammer , told him I would prefer postal money order.. here is his answer...My client said he can only mail a business check..So I tell him I’ll check with my brother and he answers back he’ll be waiting.. he should go to Hellen Waite .. String the fucker along .. take up his time.. Should I have him send the check??? Yeah. Why not !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.