Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bringing joy with a roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sonofabob, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

Had the hotrod out today, when leaving the shop I heard WOAH!!!!! It was the neighbor kids, so when I got back from the cruise Mom and the kids were still in the yard. So with their Mom's permission, I let them sit in the car and take pictures. To me this is what hotrodding is all about. Well that and driving the hell out of them!

Attached Files:

2. Good job!

wicarnut and Sonofabob like this.
  3. You are a good man, Sonofabob. Making great memories for the neighborhood kiddos.

4. Neat T!

Sonofabob likes this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, great to share some time with youngsters that show any interest in old Hot Rods

6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Did the kids make you an offer on your hot rod?

Sonofabob likes this.
  7. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

Lol, no but hopefully it sparked an interest.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  8. swifty

swifty

That's sweet, a Nailhead powered T-roadster. I assume it's an early Nailhead having the plug wire covers and what's the manifold with 2- 2 barrels?

Sonofabob likes this.
  9. 1ton

1ton

Woah...Can I drive the hell out of it?

Sonofabob likes this.
  10. brady1929

brady1929

You nailed it. Great job.

Sonofabob likes this.
  11. Budget36

Budget36

That little guy in the passenger seat has one heck of a smile! Could you imagine him in the driver seat with his hands on the wheel? I can hear the sounds from here!

Sonofabob likes this.
  12. SEAAIRE354

SEAAIRE354

Nice work and as far as I’m concerned that’s what it’s all about. And awesome ride.

Sonofabob likes this.
  13. catdad49

catdad49

Bet that made their day (and yours)!

Sonofabob likes this.
  14. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

It's an Edmunds

15. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Go one better, give them a (careful) ride!

anothercarguy and Sonofabob like this.
  16. whiteknuckle

whiteknuckle
    from Dryden, NY

I think a ride around the block would have been in order.......

anothercarguy and Sonofabob like this.
  17. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

Supposed to be in the 60s again this weekend, maybe if around the block. But with no real seat belts I doubt their mom will allow it

18. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Yeah, that's awesome. Damn cool car too!

I played a gig this summer and there were a few bands there that night. One was a solo blues dude, blind as a bat. Damn good picker and singer. His wife asked if she could get a Pic of him sitting in my shoebox and I said to him "You wanna just take it for a Drive?" He thought that was pretty funny. But we drove around town a little bit between sets.

Guy Patterson and Sonofabob like this.
  19. 2935ford

2935ford

That's neat!

I find the little pre schoolers have an eye for the old stuff as well.

210superair and Sonofabob like this.
  20. wicarnut

wicarnut

Good Guy you are. You might have made a future Car Guy. I remember as a kid some things that an adult did for me, with me that had a big influence in my lifetime. I never forgot that or them and have tried all my life to make a difference in someones life if the opportunity came up. It costs nothing to be nice, I believe in Karma, what goes around comes around.

Sonofabob likes this.
  21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Whoa! Indeed :)

22. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I had a similar situation at a car show in Macungie PA a few years ago. We were sitting behind my Deuce roadster and I saw a young guy walk up to the car with four small kids. A couple of the younger kids were jumping up and down trying to look into the car, so I walked over and opened the door and said "get in". The father immediately said no they were rolling around the dirt and were dirty. Again I said "get in". Well those kids had smiles on their faces from ear to ear and their father couldn't stop thanking me. Each kid took a turn behind the wheel and had a ball making believe they were driving. After they left, a guy that had his car parked across from me walked over and started to give me some guff about "you shouldn't do that because those kid's will expect that from every car owner". I just looked at him, shook my head and walked back to my seat. You're right, that is exactly what hot rodding is about!!

23. Sonofabob

Sonofabob

Honestly, there is nothing that they could break or damage in the little roadster. It's a bare bones hotrod. And they loved hitting the ahooga horn lol. Doubt the other neighbors liked it though lol.

24. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

My 7yo would consider that a dare...

Sonofabob likes this.
  25. Who knows , your kind gesture may have sparked a interest with the kids, I took a young fellow for a ride in my Model A pickup years ago when he showed interest and years later a guy came up to me at a cruise in and ask me if I remembered him, I reply that I didn't and he said he was 12 at the time but he never forgot that ride in a hot rod and he told me he was building a 1929 roadster pickup.

You never know when you might spark a interest in a kid or a adult. HRP

Sonofabob likes this.
  26. goldmountain

goldmountain

Reminds me of my motorcycle with a sidecar. Every kid around wanted a ride in that thing.

Sonofabob likes this.
  27. wicarnut

wicarnut

Years ago I always went to Wayne's Custard stand for a cruise night all summer for years, good food, people, venue, friends. One evening a large family group was standing around my Roadster so I went over to speak with them, It was a family of an exchange student from Germany, they did not have Hot rod nights where they lived and they were fascinated with the venue and my car, none spoke English, exception student, I speak some German, but the host and interpreter handled it, they asked if they could sit in car and take pictures, my answer sure, never denied anyone that way ever. So......... after a few pics with me they started with their pictures, my friends said they must have came in a school bus, Lots of pictures/people, Somewhere in Germany there is a lot of pictures of my HighBoy, they left happy and I felt good, it seemed to make their day. Now The Karma deal. The man that owns Wayne's was watching all this with his manager, came over and thanked me a bunch, gave me a food coupon book, free burgers, ice cream, shakes rest of season and amazingly I won the raffle giveaway several times. It's that Karma thing I believe in.

cfmvw, Baumi, Sonofabob and 2 others like this.
  28. I always let kids sit my rig if they show a great deal of interest (and their parents don't mind). Hell, it's only a car, and if it creates a good memory for them, I'm happy to do it. I have good memories of when I was a kid and someone indulged me, so I look it as payback.

29. evintho

evintho

Yeah....the local kids love my roadster! They call it the 'fire car'.

IMG_3004.JPG